[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Star Planet] One Card deck choice/freezing

NeospectorNeospector
Reactions: 9,760
Volunteer Forum Moderator
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functionality
Summary: Joining a game of One Card with an event deck (Halloween) can cause the match to freeze for everyone.
More details: @MegaScience has experimented with this more than I have. In essence, if you have an event deck (one or both of the Halloween decks featuring the pumpkin) and forget to select decks, it can freeze the match for everyone, meaning someone needs to force-quit in order to unstick everyone.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Have a Halloween event deck for One Card
  2. Join the game
  3. Character name: Artulian
    Level: 208
    Job: Mechanic
    World: Galicia (GRAZED), although this bug occurs in Star Planet
    Date and Time: 10/12/2016 around noon pacific

I'm unsure about the exact nature of this bug. I know that freezing tends to occur when a Halloween deck is present in a match, but I don't know exactly how to go about collecting reliable data without, well, being a jerk and crashing everyone's game repeatedly. It may not even have a 100% reproduction rate too, which makes it more difficult to narrow down. Can anyone else confirm?

Comments

• KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    That happens for regular decks too in my experience, whenever someone doesn't select a new color in time during the game.
    Or maybe you were referring to something else...
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    KeepComingBack

That happens for regular decks too in my experience, whenever someone doesn't select a new color in time during the game.
    No, I mean a full-on freeze after someone's turn. No cards can be placed or drawn, the timer hits zero but the turn doesn't end.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Neospector

KeepComingBack

No, I mean a full-on freeze after someone's turn. No cards can be placed or drawn, the timer hits zero but the turn doesn't end.
    That still sounds like the usual color-change freeze:
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/community#/showthread.php?1366110-GAMEPLAY-Star-One-Card-game-stalls-if-a-color-is-not-selected-in-time
    KeepComingBack