[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Drastically reduce Pianus spawn timer.

bumbertyrbumbertyr
Reactions: 6,610
Nexon
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The games at a point where pianus's absurdly long spawn timer is no longer relevant. He drops nothing noteworthy nor is he involved in any important quests anymore. Everything he was important for was either butchered or removed, as such I suggest reducing Pianus to 1 hour spawn timer.

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2016
    if you want it for monster collection or codex, just suggest adding it to mystic gates and the PQ version
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Daxterbeer

if you want it for monster collection or codex, just suggest adding it to mystic gates and the PQ version
    Yeah, the mystic gates that spawn severely-weakened versions of bosses that are dead within seconds of their spawning. Great plan, Dax.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

Daxterbeer

Yeah, the mystic gates that spawn severely-weakened versions of bosses that are dead within seconds of their spawning. Great plan, Dax.
    How would Pianus dying quickly be a problem when all you want is to register it for your collection?
    Unless you're confusing Silent Crusade Mystic Gates (that you enter solo at your leisure, up to 20 times a day) with the Mystic Fields (that you have to race the entire server to, during an event that lasts a few weekends out of the year).
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Aggraphine

Daxterbeer

How would Pianus dying quickly be a problem when all you want is to register it for your collection?
    Unless you're confusing Silent Crusade Mystic Gates (that you enter solo at your leisure, up to 20 times a day) with the Mystic Fields (that you have to race the entire server to, during an event that lasts a few weekends out of the year).
    Yeah, I'm probably confusing the two.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    I say either give him a 30 min timer (absolutely no reason to make it longer than 30 min at this point), or place an NPC in the cave that you talk to to spawn Pianus at will.

30 min timer will be easier to introduce though, so hopefully that is what we get
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    lol is his respawn like 3 days or 1 day :p
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

lol is his respawn like 3 days or 1 day :p
    He is on either a 12 or 24 hour respawn timer (I can't remember which). Other bosses like him had their timers reduced because they were needed for Quests, but Pianus has by far been the most useless boss for the longest, so I think Nexon just forgot to update his timer.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    24 hours for one side, 48 for the other. And it was like that even back when his mini-pianus drops were required for the Hero's Will skill quest. KMMO's are all about the frustration factor, you know.

Pianus' respawn timer has always been the longest in the game. Most area bosses were one hour. Griffey and Manon were 3 or 6 hours, I can't recall (and at the time, they were necessary for job advancement, and didn't have the instanced map just for that)

I just went and killed Pianus, and it dropped 400k worth of Milks and Dews. If I could kill 80 pianuses an hour (2 per channel per half hour) that's 32m meso per hour. I don't think that would be a good idea.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    I don't see that as too big of a problem honestly. That is limited to 32m mesos per hour per server. Its not like you and someone else in your same server could both be earning that much off Pianus, since there would still only be 80 pianus' spawned every hour in every server.

If someone wants to farm that money I say let them. Its not a game breaking amount and I suspect (though I can't know for certain since I don't partake in these activities) that this is still less than what botters earn each hour on higher leveled maps. If it is a problem however, his drops could certainly be cut in half or more, its not like you need those potions to kill him.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

I don't see that as too big of a problem honestly. That is limited to 32m mesos per hour per server. Its not like you and someone else in your same server could both be earning that much off Pianus, since there would still only be 80 pianus' spawned every hour in every server.

If someone wants to farm that money I say let them. Its not a game breaking amount and I suspect (though I can't know for certain since I don't partake in these activities) that this is still less than what botters earn each hour on higher leveled maps. If it is a problem however, his drops could certainly be cut in half or more, its not like you need those potions to kill him.
    If you cut his drops even more, and at 20 Reward Points, why would people even want to kill him?
    In other words, why bother making him easy to find while at the same time removing any motivation to do so?
    bumbertyr