[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I can't see my "All" chat history

MatttanMatttan
Reactions: 400
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Chatbox

Brief bug summary: Whenever I type a message in all, I can't see it in the chat history.

More details: I see the chat bubble - but after it disappears there is no record of it. I made sure that the "Say" tab is marked yellow and that I am speaking to "all". Also, I see a record of everyone else's messages. The bug doesn't affect other chats (aka alliance, party, buddy). I even tried clicking "friends" instead of "say", typing a message in "all" to see what happens. As a result I get the outdated message "select view all to check messages".

Steps to reproduce:
1.Type a message in the "all chat"
2. Look in chat history

Character name: Mattan

Character level: 209

Character job: Kaiser

World name: Scania

Date and time of the incident: At least since the latest patch. Took me some time to notice so I'm not sure when exactly it started.

Comments

• MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Go to your Blacklist (Last tab in the Buddy List UI) and remove your own name. Not sure what causes the player's name to appear there, but that is the issue.