[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Display Gender Status

JorjaxJorjax
Reactions: 865
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
^ This

I can't even tell apart from male nor female in Maplestory anymore ever since Nexon keep deploying massive cuteness hairstyles/clothings.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I suggest the opposite: remove the "gender" attribute from the game completely.
    Characters, clothes, faces, hairstyles, none of them will have a gender. Wear whatever you like, look like whatever you want. And marry whoever you want.
    NiightseekerJulyUzumeBasuraKlaraMesos
  • JorjaxJorjax
    Reactions: 865
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Characters, clothes, faces, hairstyles, none of them will have a gender. Wear whatever you like, look like whatever you want. And marry whoever you want.
    I would love to see genderless type of game... but only if Nexon allowed us to have same gender marriage...

• KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    @AKradian Sounds good, but for royals to be even less frustrating, you should be able to choose to roll from the female or male selection. So maybe keep those separate instead of adding the chance to get a male style if you're only looking to have female ones.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Jorjax
    Jorjax said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

I would love to see genderless type of game... but only if Nexon allowed us to have same gender marriage...

As I said: marry whoever you want. If characters don't have a gender, then the concept of "different gender" or "same gender" doesn't apply to anything.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    KeepComingBack

@AKradian Sounds good, but for royals to be even less frustrating, you should be able to choose to roll from the female or male selection. So maybe keep those separate instead of adding the chance to get a male style if you're only looking to have female ones.
    TBH a lot of the royal styles can work for both genders.
    But sure, we can have a "feminine hair coupon" vs. "masculine hair coupon" to narrow down the pool (but any character can use either coupon).
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

KeepComingBack

But sure, we can have a "feminine hair coupon" vs. "masculine hair coupon" to narrow down the pool (but any character can use either coupon).
    as long as there's a way to distinguish male from female characters
    like on the screen that pops up when you click on a character
    have a male or female at the bottom of that screen
    or a M / F somewhere alot of people like being being gender specific
    and to lose a way to distinguish us alpha males from the beta males and beta females or alpha females
    is just bleh for me anyways idk if its just me tho but i just like the idea of boys and girls
    and not having a way to distinguish male from female is just weird to me
    im all for cross dressing / styling and same gender marriages tho
    but i also can see scammers, users and gold diggers taking advantage
    i know either way people can just lie about their true gender
    but i totally see some poor sap falling for someone taking advantage of
    the person thinking its a girl the whole time when its a guy using the person for items, mesos, exp, nx ect.
    i see this happening all the time in FM most people are just more likely to give stuff to girl characters
    either it be advice / help / items / fame or whatever people are just nicer to girl characters
    this is part of online gaming but to lose choice of male or female all together is . . .
    i much rather just have genderless items + same gender marriages imo...
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Pimppi said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

KeepComingBack

and to lose a way to distinguish us alpha males from the beta males and beta females or alpha females
    i also can see scammers, users and gold diggers taking advantage
    the person thinking its a girl the whole time when its a guy using the person for items, mesos, exp, nx ect.
    this is part of online gaming but to lose choice of male or female all together is . . .
    You said it yourself: the gender of the characters is unrelated to the gender of the player, anyway.
    So why does the character need to have a gender at all?
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2016
    i just feel that there should be a way to tell male from female
    i dont wanna be the one to holla at a dude when im str8
    ya know?
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Pimppi said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

KeepComingBack

i also can see scammers, users and gold diggers taking advantage
    You said it yourself: the gender of the characters is unrelated to the gender of the player, anyway.
    So why does the character need to have a gender at all?
    i guess it really don't matter
    idk if its just me
    but i would just prefre male and female chars
    i don't wanna be the one to holla at a dude when im str8
    ya know?
    i would think there are alot of guys that don't like to play female characters
    and vice versa
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Pimppi said:

i guess it really don't matter
    idk if its just me
    but i would just prefre male and female chars
    i don't wanna be the one to holla at a dude when im str8
    ya know?
    i would think there are alot of guys that don't like to play female characters
    and vice versa
    What I'm trying to say is, you don't know who you're hollering at anyway, in game. I have both male and female characters, for example. When you meet one of them, how would a character gender indication help you to know whether to hit on me or not?

And if you don't like playing female characters, then just choose masculine face and hair and clothes for your character, and it will look like the alpha male you are.
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited October 2016
    LF> gender restrictions to be removed from Angelic Buster and Mihile PLEEEEAAASSEEE. I really like working with themes/character designs and would like a magical boy AB and light/sunlight girl Mihile. Sure, I can crossdress, but my choices are so limited. D=
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Pimppi said:

i dont wanna be the one to holla at a dude when im str8
    ya know?
    Honestly all this says is that you are not comfortable with your own sexuality. Also, no one gives a damn if you are straight, gay, twisted, upside down, or something else you found on tumblr.