[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't launch game anymore after today's patch.

XariappaXariappa
Reactions: 655
edited October 2016 in Tech Support
So I updated my client and tried to start it. NGS comes up, and remains up. Doesn't get any further than that. No login screen, nothing. Running on Windows 7. What is going on? Rebooted my computer. Nada. Waited 5 minutes, still nothing. Just the blue rectangle with Nexon Game Security.
Worked just fine yesterday.
Seems to be stuck in BlackXchg.aes. Killing that process will get BlackCipher.aes started, which doesn't progress much further either.

Comments

• OldFearOldFear
    Reactions: 800
    edited October 2016
  • XariappaXariappa
    edited October 2016
    I tried again, on the same laptop, but now at home. And now it works. Don't know if it is the network or what. Was able to play before using the other network environment so I don't know. Might have a chance to try it again in that same environment tomorrow so I will find out then.
  • XariappaXariappa
    edited October 2016
    Yesterday I tried to download the patch on the same network. Got stuck also trying to figure out the patch level Tried it at home later and there I was able to download and install the patch. Today I tried to start the game on the network it wouldn't start before, and now it also works on this network where NGS would lock up on Wednesday.