[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Add a capha that randomly appears while grinding.

PeepPeep
Reactions: 3,950
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As shown in this video you already have such a thing available. Just localize it and bring it over to GMS. We REALLY need it. It would at least help vs player afk botters.

Look at the 3m 35sec mark to see it appear.

thanks

Moderator note.

Please don't use polls to only "proove" one side of an argument. I have reset and edited your poll.

~ Invulgo
  1. Should Nexon add a capha that randomly appears while grinding?9 votes
    1. Yes
       67% (6 votes)
    2. No
       33% (3 votes)

Comments

• PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016

Yes PLEASE and add a poll to show that ppl want it, i was just at wolf spider i heard you could farm some neb boxes, and ALL of the Channels are full of hackers 1 - 20 , how am i supposed to play this game if hackers are everywhre, pls take nots from nexon korea, Even maplesea has the
    Captcha before you pick the channel after you'e picking a world, and you have to type the charcters in the shadow, even i sometimes fail LOL, so i bet a pc can fail too ,

PLs I hate those hackers they are ruining the Game, And also revamp nebulites whle your'e at it, i don't wanna pay 500Nx for a Chance to tier up and it can go down Tier down .

HACKERS NO MORE NO MORE!!!!!!!!
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited December 2016
    Okay but just imagine how horrible this would be if GMS fks this up.

>Captcha appears
    >Text box shows up in korean language
    >Only korean characters are allowed to be typed
    >Get beaned cuz of Nexon's bad coding skills.
    Dragventurer
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited December 2016
    Just please don't make it activate during training. Maplers can die or lose combo counts.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Klara
    Klara said:

: "Just please don't make it activate during training. Maplers can die or lose combo counts."
    But the idea is to catch botters. You know, the ones who are "training" 24/7.

There's no reason to spring a Captcha on a character who isn't moving. It's perfectly legitimate to take breaks - whether it's a short bathroom break or a long overnight break - as long as your character isn't doing anything that normally requires human presence.

Characters could be made invincible while the Captcha is displayed. As for combo count - that sucks, but the Captcha shouldn't appear too often, so it's not going to be a huge deal.
    PhantomMasterThief
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    How frequently would those show up? I'd imagine if it was more than once an hour, it'd get pretty annoying. Just recently started grinding cuz Lachelein and I was thinking how I'd feel if every thirty minutes I had to solve a captcha lol. And plzzzzz plz plz PLISSS make sure it doesn't show up at bosses.

Would also be nice if they gave a small but useful reward (like Spell Traces, exp, drop/exp coupons, etc.) for completing them, sorta like how RuneScape used to have random events as an anti-botting measure that gave out some goodies for completing them lol.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016
    It only shows up on training maps in KMS so you have nothing to worry about. Shows up randomly. Not sure how long they have it set to in KMS but I'd assume it's nothing silly.

As for the pole. It's a joke. The fact is the only people who'd vote no to this are botters which is why I put it as Yes/yes. If people understand how it works in KMS they don't have any reason not to want this.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited December 2016
    Weird enough i saw once in Lucid boss it appear o.o, i don't know if this was in KMST tought, i guess it was a Flame Wizard video's, in bosses seens a bit too much.