[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Stop being greedy

YacyYacy
Reactions: 1,565
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
When there is a problem linked to a purchase, your game policy is really often greedy and insensitive. Let me give you an exemple.

I have bought a Character Name Change Coupon the 21th of December with my Maplepoints and successfully changed my IGN. Then I realised a mistake I have made and bought another with 15$. I had 4.8k NX left before the purchase, so I still had to buy a 15$ NX because of that 0.2k NX missing, but let's say it's fine. Then when I tried to change it again, I was unable to process because I have to wait 1 week before been able to change my IGN again. The thing is, this coupon is suppose to last 1 week, but they ask you to click on the coupon to receive another coupon... which last few hours !

I wrote to GMs about it, and proved that I bought the coupon the 21th of Decembre and also showed the fact that nowhere Nexon say about the coupon expiring after only few hours. In fact, in both Cash Shop and Nexon website, it's say the coupon expire only after 7 days.

So I gave the fallowing proofs to GMs :

Bought it the 21th :

LINK : imgur.com/LjWzcz9

Only last few hours :

LINK : imgur.com/SjK2OMl

Website say 7 days :

LINK : imgur.com/sS48Yee

Cash Shop say 7 days :

LINK : imgur.com/46SIgH5

So what happened next ? GMs keep saying how they are sorry and wish I understand... and the usual (ya it's not the first time this kind of stuffs happens). Then the GMs I was writing to simply put my ticket as ''solved'' and closed it, without giving me the chance to reply. Her previous message was about the fact the NPC who change IGNs clearly say that we have to wait a week. I answered that if the coupon would really last 1 week, it would not be a problem, but she answered back with this :

LINK : imgur.com/Z4xNNWd

Indeed, she simply said again that I got advised about the 1 week thingy, avoiding to answer about my real concern, which is the coupon not really lasting 1 week too and simply closed the ticket. I have already lost 30k nx for that IGN change. Also, I live in Canada, therefore NX cost more for me, but still Nexon would like me to buy another one ? So 45$ for a name change ? You already raised the coupon's price from 10$ to 15$ and put the coupon unable to buy in the V Coin Shop after few days.

I am writing this, because it's not the first time it happens to me and my friends, because yes I have heard a lot of this kind of behaviour and I am sure players here can relate. Well, I will buy another Name Change Coupon, a big 15 bucks for you, but it's the last time I buy something.

I won't start enumeration all the bad stuffs about this game, because many did it in this forum already, but I personally, as a Computer Science student, accept all those lags, bugs and w/e, because I understand. On the other hand, this kind of behavior is is unacceptable.

This was a feedback for the Nexon's customers policy & support.

P.S. : Sorry for my English I speak French

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    The cash shop item (the one that reads "double click to exchange for a name change coupon") lasts 7 days. The coupon you receive when you double click the cash shop item does not.
    I'll see if I can bring up the inconsistency, but this is working exactly as described, it's just a two-step process for some reason.

However, the GMs are correct in that it is explained thoroughly that name changes have a cooldown period of one week; it is explained by NPC Mr. Newname in-game, and it was explained in the update notes here:
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/19035/updated-v-178-v-limitless-patch-notes#namechange
    So as for why you bought a coupon immediately, I'm not sure what to say.

Your English is just fine, by the way.
  • YacyYacy
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

The cash shop item (the one that reads "double click to exchange for a name change coupon") lasts 7 days. The coupon you receive when you double click the cash shop item does not.
    I'll see if I can bring up the inconsistency, but this is working exactly as described, it's just a two-step process for some reason.

However, the GMs are correct in that it is explained thoroughly that name changes have a cooldown period of one week; it is explained by NPC Mr. Newname in-game, and it was explained in the update notes here:
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/19035/updated-v-178-v-limitless-patch-notes#namechange
    So as for why you bought a coupon immediately, I'm not sure what to say.

Your English is just fine, by the way.
    Hello

This ''in two time process'' thingy is the problem there. Honestly, this sounds like a trap ''let's write it's a 7 days items but give them a ticket from a ticket that doesn't last 7 days''... This is my concern, they don't say anywhere the second one last few hours. Shouldn't they say it since that's the real coupon you will use ?

However, what's disturbing, is the fact even if any rational person can see there is an ambiguity there that leads to an issue, added to the fact I already spent 30$ there, they still can't show any mercy.

And thx you.