[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Option to scroll all slots with spell trace @ once

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'd like an option to use up all the slots on an item at once if I'm scrolling with spell traces and only using the same success rate each time.

Say I'm scrolling a 5 slot face accessory and I only use the 70% option. I should be able to scroll all the slots at the same time if I'm only going to be using the 70% option.
Now, the perks of this is that instead of changing up the RNG everytime you scroll, is that it will be a 70% chance to pass all slots at once, while a 30% chance to fail each slot at once. If I fail, I'll use an innocence scroll rather than 50 clean slates to clear 1 or 2 slots and try again. It drastically decreases the demand for clean slate scrolls while increasing the demand of innocent scrolls.

Depending on the way you look at it, players will have an easier time getting a perfectly scrolled equipment item because they either passed all/failed all in one go. If fever comes around, we might want to alter it or make it even more rare than it already is.

My alternative idea is to just do auto tracing. Check the "auto" box before tracing and it will automatically apply the spell trace successrate desired on it's own until you stop it via Escape Button/Press cancel or it runs out of slots to scroll.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    So you want a 15% chance to perfect a 7-slot weapon, instead of 0.00017%
    Seems reasonable.
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited October 2016
    i dont understand where AKradian got their math... maybe i just dont know the game well enough yet
    But the second option sounds better to me anyway, and seems it would avoid whatever issue you see AKradian
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    It's actually 0,000017%, so they would need to calculate the chance of spell traces working all at once.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    I would like an option to scroll all slots at once, but the method you described is seriously flawed. If each slot has a 15% chance of passing, then you don't actually have a 15% chance of them all passing. If you have n slots on the item, the chance of them all passing is 15 ^ n%.

As long as it is implemented like that then I would be fine with it
  • DiannikaDiannika
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

I would like an option to scroll all slots at once, but the method you described is seriously flawed. If each slot has a 15% chance of passing, then you don't actually have a 15% chance of them all passing. If you have n slots on the item, the chance of them all passing is 15 ^ n%.

As long as it is implemented like that then I would be fine with it
    umm... is there a reason EVERYONE seems to be ignoring his second option? am i missing something? It seems the second one would fix all those problems....

• ModestyModesty
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited October 2016
    From what I read, it seems like he/she is saying two things:
    1) Make it possible to scroll all the slots with one try.
    2) If [1] is in effect, make it so that it will only have one try at all success or all fails.

To me, [1] seems reasonable, [2] does not. The post is pretty much asking to make a 15% success rate scroll for a 7-slot weapon to have 15% success for perfectly scrolling the weapon instead of the current 0.15^7 = 0.0001709% to perfectly scrolling a 7-slot weapon with 15% scrolls.
    gamechanger
  • DiannikaDiannika
    edited October 2016
    AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

I'd like an option to use up all the slots on an item at once if I'm scrolling with spell traces and only using the same success rate each time.

Say I'm scrolling a 5 slot face accessory and I only use the 70% option. I should be able to scroll all the slots at the same time if I'm only going to be using the 70% option.
    Now, the perks of this is that instead of changing up the RNG everytime you scroll, is that it will be a 70% chance to pass all slots at once, while a 30% chance to fail each slot at once. If I fail, I'll use an innocence scroll rather than 50 clean slates to clear 1 or 2 slots and try again. It drastically decreases the demand for clean slate scrolls while increasing the demand of innocent scrolls.

Depending on the way you look at it, players will have an easier time getting a perfectly scrolled equipment item because they either passed all/failed all in one go. If fever comes around, we might want to alter it or make it even more rare than it already is.

My alternative idea is to just do auto tracing. Check the "auto" box before tracing and it will automatically apply the spell trace successrate desired on it's own until you stop it via Escape Button/Press cancel or it runs out of slots to scroll.
    that very clearly is an ALTERNATIVE idea... specifically says so... so is NOT part of the previous idea.

It is saying you should have a checkbox to auto scroll. You pick a scroll, and click go. it will automatically apply that scroll repeatedly until you stop it or it runs out of scroll slots

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Everyone is ignoring the alternative because it's pointless. Why would you need an auto option? Too lazy to click the "enhance" button seven-to-ten times?

The real matter here is how he's asking for an all-or-nothing approach to spell traces. 15% chance to fill all eight(or ten if you used hammers) scroll slots on your weapon with the highest-stat spell trace option. Which would make it trivial to create strong weapons. 15% chance at filling every slot? Failed? 50% innocence scrolls are not difficult to come by(compared to lord knows how many 10% CSS attempts to restore a couple failed slots).

It's simply not a good suggestion balance-wise, or economy-wise. If this were allowed to happen, the worth of all weapons that aren't primed would fall significantly.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

Everyone is ignoring the alternative because it's pointless. Why would you need an auto option? Too lazy to click the "enhance" button seven-to-ten times?

The real matter here is how he's asking for an all-or-nothing approach to spell traces. 15% chance to fill all eight(or ten if you used hammers) scroll slots on your weapon with the highest-stat spell trace option. Which would make it trivial to create strong weapons. 15% chance at filling every slot? Failed? 50% innocence scrolls are not difficult to come by(compared to lord knows how many 10% CSS attempts to restore a couple failed slots).

It's simply not a good suggestion balance-wise, or economy-wise. If this were allowed to happen, the worth of all weapons that aren't primed would fall significantly.
    you need to learn to read he clearly said to have an option to auto scroll till it runs out
    meaning you dont have to sit there and do it yourself
    think of how you refine ores now
    you can chose how many to refine
    i think he wants something like that
    but an auto version if im not mistaken
    Diannika
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    edited October 2016
    Diannika
    Diannika said:

that very clearly is an ALTERNATIVE idea... specifically says so... so is NOT part of the previous idea.

It is saying you should have a checkbox to auto scroll. You pick a scroll, and click go. it will automatically apply that scroll repeatedly until you stop it or it runs out of scroll slots

I thank you for trying to push this part of my post. I appreciate your efforts despite the ignorance of others.
    Aggraphine

The same reason why we can auto craft 2 or more items, hit go, and come back minutes later. But I'd also like Nexon to simply remove the entire 3 second animation because of how long it takes when scrolling a 10 or 12 slot item. That's 30 seconds wasted to say "Oh, you failed the 70% success rate option 10 times" if it happened that way. I'm glad nexon allowed us to skip the bonus chance star enhancement "mini game," but would be better if they removed the bit where the hammer sound effect plays. At least make it as fast as normal scrolling or allow me to just walk away for a moment and come back when it's done.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Read what you said very carefully. 30 seconds. 30 seconds out of your entire day is a problem?
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

Read what you said very carefully. 30 seconds. 30 seconds out of your entire day is a problem?
    Per item, plus the time consumed to star enhanced makes it very tedious to do during a 2x event. I have been caught up in this numerous times.

>Reach 150
    >Not enough star force to train in the area closest to my level.
    >None of my gear is scrolled yet, so I cant star enhance my gear.
    >Can't train in an efficient area due to this
    >Plus my exp coupons are going to waste by scrolling gear.