[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why Don't People Remember How to Quote?

ClawStaffClawStaff
Reactions: 2,950
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2017 in Rants and Raves
This isn't about the game but simply the fact I'm annoyed people are making such messy posts.

There is a button to quote other people's posts at the bottom of them. You could also use the @ symbol with their name to tag them. Why do a lot of people not seem to know this anymore? It makes your response look so cluttered to not do so.

Comments

• MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited January 2017
    Most forum functions, like quoting, are broken.

@ClawStaff people aren't always privvy to stuff like that.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Hmm had no idea they weren't functioning (when did they stop working?)... they could at least edit them and put the text in quotation marks while it is broke though.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited January 2017
    Input:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/224649829681332224/265290448665313280/quotes.png

Output:
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

Hmm had no idea they weren't functioning (when did they stop working?)... they could at least edit them and put the text in quotation marks while it is broke though.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    @MakazeKiba Yeah I got it already... but those were working before, not sure when they got broke somehow.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    I guess I should've known it was just nexon somehow breaking all html code.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Most HTML functions on the forum were disable after a rather nasty attack involving malicious Javascripts sent via PMs (as well as GM impersonation, general trolling, and inappropriate content generated through the HTML span tag).

These measures are purely temporary and HTML functionality should be back in the future.

Currently disabled features:
    * Lists (sigh)
    * In-text Images
    * Quoting
    * Tables
    * General text editing (italics, bold, underline, strikethrough)
    * Hyperlinks

Currently working features:
    * Direct http links (e.g.. https://www.google.com/)
    * In-text YouTube videos (the forums directly translate any YouTube video URL into an in-text video)
    * @ plugin (tagging/pinging users; please use sparingly to avoid spamming notifications, or turn notifications off in settings)
    * Reactions (like/insightful)
    * Flagging/reporting
    JettLuvsU_Cas_
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Neospector: "These measures are purely temporary and HTML functionality should be back in the future."

So, not even "near future". That doesn't sound promising at all.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Speaking of, is anyone else unable to stay logged in on Chrome? It started happening like a week or two ago, can't remember if it was at the same time they disabled the features. But I log in on Chrome, then as soon as I go to another page, I'm logged out again. Happens on all my devices.
    _Cas_
  • _Cas__Cas_
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited January 2017
    blockquote class="Quote" rel="Fennekin"
    Speaking of, is anyone else unable to stay logged in on Chrome? It started happening like a week or two ago, can't remember if it was at the same time they disabled the features. But I log in on Chrome, then as soon as I go to another page, I'm logged out again. Happens on all my devices.
    /blockquote>

Same thing here, but i use Firefox. Started happening to me only recently, so it could be a safety system.
    Either that, or my browse needs fixing lol :p
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    @AKradian

I didn't say "near future" because I honestly don't know. This was a particular issue with the Vanilla software and the current version (2.3), which was not the version we were using, didn't fix the bug as far as I know, but I'm not familiar with back-end HTML and I really can't comment. "Near future" implies something like "next Tuesday" or "Thursday after next". Since I don't have a specific date, all I know is that the adjustments are being made, and so I didn't feel comfortable implying it'll be done tomorrow or something.

@Fennekin

Chrome is working perfectly fine for me. Maybe try clearing your cache?
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Weird, it just started working again an hour ago o_o. I legit just tried earlier this morning with a disabled cache, incognito, even on a brand new laptop. And now it just works again randomly....
  • adgnadgn
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited January 2017
    This is Nexon's site. Do you expect more than 10% of the functions to work? L o l