[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

(Glory) Pirate Link

Dnaman101Dnaman101
Reactions: 2,025
edited November 2019 in General Chat
I'm sure i know the answer but want to make sure...with the Glory update is Cannoneer Link Skill becoming part of the Pirate Explorer Link Skill?
YinYangX

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    I don't see why it wouldn't, but this is a great question and a chance for Nexon to show some transparency before they make changes like this.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited November 2019
    Better Maple is back with more quality of life changes!
    zero transparency and random changes nonone asked or wanted to see its nexon-GMS thing
    that Better Maple is back dosnt ring a bell good
    #tuneUPwasGOOD
    darik
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited November 2019
    both Jett and Cannoneer are Explorer Pirates (special)...so will you only need 3 of the 4 (Buccaneer, Corsair, Cannoneer, and Jett) Explorer Pirates to 120+ for the max Link Skill level?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2019
    Jett already has a class-specific link skill that, to my knowledge(and having read orangemushroom posts when kms got the glory updates) is not being changed.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Dnaman101 wrote: »
    both Jett and Cannoneer are Explorer Pirates (special)...so will you only need 3 of the 4 (Buccaneer, Corsair, Cannoneer, and Jett) Explorer Pirates to 120+ for the max Link Skill level?

Cannoneer (Correct me if wrong) can transfer into the other two pirates, so there's a need to make the skill the same.
    Jett however is unique, so most likely will not have the link skill changed out.
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    zero transparency and random changes nonone asked or wanted to see its nexon-GMS thing
    #tuneUPwasGOOD

We don't even have the patch notes for this yet. At least given Nexon the chance to say that the change is coming before you scream from the rooftops.
    Not only that, but as Dnaman101 points out, 3 links are needed for the full effect. What are they supposed to do in this situation?
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited November 2019
    i'm pretty sure you are right about that...also Cannoneer's Link Skill is pretty close to the Explorer Pirate Link
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2019
    The orangemushroom post(found here) just describes the link skill, it says nothing about jett(or zen for that matter) having their link changed
    Pirate Bless: The pirate’s distinct strength increases a variety of your stats and decreases damage taken. This skill can be stacked up to 3 times if you have 3 different Adventurer pirate classes in the same world. For Adventurer pirate classes, you can use this skill to swap the STR and DEX on your equipment by opening your equipment window, clicking the skill, clicking on the equipment you would like to swap stats for (except for weapon, secondary weapon, Arcane Symbols, and pet equipment) then click the skill again. If you reuse the skill or unequip the items, their stats will swap back. (max level: 6)
    Level 1: 20 STR/DEX/INT/LUK, 350 HP/MP, 5% damage absorption.
    Level 6: 70 STR/DEX/INT/LUK, 1225 HP/MP, 15% damage absorption.

We'll have to wait and see, really.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    Orangemushroom wouldn't say anything about Jett or Zen, since they're not in KMS.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2019
    I thought I've seen mentions of zen on there before. Guess I was mixed up.

Still, that lends more credence to jett's link skill not being affected by this change.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited November 2019
    well i have Bucc, Cannoneer, and Corsair (maybe) to 120+ so it's not that big of a deal
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited November 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    #tuneUPwasGOOD

We don't even have the patch notes for this yet. At least given Nexon the chance to say that the change is coming before you scream from the rooftops.
    Not only that, but as Dnaman101 points out, 3 links are needed for the full effect. What are they supposed to do in this situation?

i guess you saw the memo now and sneak peak of what is
    #BetterMaplebyNexonNA
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    i guess you saw the memo now and sneak peak of what is
    #BetterMaplebyNexonNA

Patch notes still haven't dropped, this is a very small "issue". Not really worthy of being placed inside the memo.
    It's a change that everyone who follows the KMS patch notes should have seen coming. Still would be nice if Nexon is clear about it in patch notes.
    As for the other stuff, it's unrelated to this subject.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2019
    And now that the notes are out, WONDERBREAD's incessant fearmongering has once again failed to come to fruition.

kKigXbB.png
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited November 2019
    literally no one :
    boredphine: look for daily arguments and stirling things that no one interesded in or said anything
    his post marvel gamble depression i understand
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited November 2019
    what is with the 5 sec CD?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2019
    I guess it's a cooldown on the 15% damage absorb? Not sure, seems kind of silly imo
    literally no one :
    boredphine: look for daily arguments and stirling things that no one interesded in or said anything
    his post marvel gamble depression i understand

No one:
    Literally no one at all ever:
    WONDERGUY: "A better maple now with more not better maple and $$$$$"
  • ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited November 2019
    Random question here but if we all get link skills finally with explorers are they at least going to let us have more spaces to use them instead of just 12?
    That has always annoyed me. I have so many characters and so many amazing link skills but my main can only use a certain small number of them.
    WONDERGUY