[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Monster drops and exp when changing channels

QuestionMasterQuestionMaster
in Bug Reporting
Bug Issue: I have experienced this issue from time to time, usually when logging in for the first time or changing channels. When I do so and I begin to train on mobs for the first time, the monsters will not drop anything or distribute any exp. At first I thought that maybe I was simply not getting a record of the exp the botton right hand of my screen, but I watched my exp meter and that remained stagnant. Usually, the issue resolves itself if I change to another channel; I have had the issue automatically rectified if I activate a rune on the same channel. Overall, the issue is not detrimental to my playing time, but perhaps something to take a look into.

Character Name: SlimShamy
Job: Hoyoung
Level: 204
World: Elysium
Time of incident: Covered in bug description.

Thanks for your time and your continued hard work on the game.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2020
    If the issue is resolved by using a rune, then this is intentional behavior.

If you leave a run inactive for too long (about 5 minutes), the rune will trigger a curse that starts to lower the EXP and drop rates of the mobs in the map, depending on how long the rune has been left unactivated (maximum Stage 4, 100% EXP/Drop reduction). It should also display this information at the top of the screen:
    8m0JjKN.png
    Using a rune will remove the curse on the map, and grant you 15 minutes of immunity to the curse.
    ChillPhil