[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Playing with unrelated browser scripts on

SaelynnieSaelynnie
Reactions: 915
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2020 in Tech Support
Hi, I just returned to Maple after 3 years! But I want to ask for clarification on something. I work on Amazon MTurk and to help me with that I run scripts on Google Chrome that automatically searches for jobs while I do something else like playing games. And when a job is found it tells me through TTS so I can take a break from the game and go work. It is completely unrelated to Maple, they are MTurk Suite, HIT Forker, and JR Panda Crazy if the info is needed.

I want to know if it’s ok to have these running while playing Maple. I know some other games don’t allow it since it’s still a script after all and I want to make sure here.

But it would be a bummer if I had to choose if I wanted to play or work instead of both. I don’t have another computer to separate things.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2020
    It has no control over your character or the game itself, and should be theoretically fine.
    But I cannot confirm the game won't detect it as a third-party program. I doubt it would, plenty of players run other programs besides Maplestory, but I cannot confirm that it won't.

The best I can do for you is warn you of the potential risk.
    Saelynnie