[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

I don't know...

cooliolimocooliolimo
Reactions: 200
edited November 2016 in Tech Support
Ok so where to begin. Alright so I played maplestory with no problems what so ever today. In this maplestory folder I had a private server client that has been there and so I decided to open it up to see my old characters in the private server, which I was unable to succeed in logging in either way. I exited the game since it wasn't working so I decided to get on normal maplestory. I launched maplestory and it ran like it would normally would in the nexon launcher. I got in and it showed only 1 world and I was wondering why. I clicked on that one world as it showed the private server's name and I was dced right away. I thought to myself thinking that was strange so I deleted that client and I moved on to trying to play normal maplestory. I ran the launcher and the typical error popped up which told me that it was either the server is down, ip banned, or maintenance. I also tried redownloading maplestory twice and it still didn't work and I was wondering if I really did get ip banned for that reason. Thank you.

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    um did you use the official nexon folder and launcher if so wait for the migeration which is in 10 nov.
    cooliolimo
  • cooliolimocooliolimo
    edited November 2016
    Yes the client was inside the official maplestory folder and I used the launcher to run maplestory. Also thanks for responding.
  • cooliolimocooliolimo
    edited November 2016
    Also does this mean I was ip-banned or am I fine. Thank you.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    You didn't get IP banned but the private server client must have messed with your routing table or registry so your official client can no longer find the official server.

Might want to ask the private server's support people or forums, if it has any, how to undo the damage.
    Lilyflower
  • cooliolimocooliolimo
    edited November 2016
    Like what should i ask the private server to do?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    cooliolimo

Like what should i ask the private server to do?
    Ask them what you need to do in order to be able to play the official version again, after playing theirs.
    Lilyflower
  • cooliolimocooliolimo
    edited November 2016
    Hello. I was wondering if there is another option to play gms again.
  • cooliolimocooliolimo
    edited November 2016
    Can someone help me? The problem still resists and the people from the private servers won't respond...
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Hi.

While I'm sorry you're having trouble, private servers are against the TOS and are not supported. Meaning if you tried asking for official help from Nexon, you're on your own. Private server discussion isn't allowed on the forums.

My suggestion: Simply deleting a client (the EXE file needed to run something) of a game does not uninstall the game, it just deletes the client needed to run the game. Find your installed programs list. For Windows 10, this is located at "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features", although you can usually just search your computer for "programs" and find it.
    From there, uninstall Maplestory and the private server.
    Delete all Maplestory-related files (official Maplestory files are located at C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata if you installed through the Nexon Launcher, although I cannot help you with the private server files), and do a completely fresh install.
This discussion has been closed.