[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Soul Driver buff thread

SyrupSyrup
Reactions: 520
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello everyone! o/

I'm a veteran mapler, less knowledgeable now-a-days with the newer content. I've been playing since about 2007, but around 2014 and forward I was more on and off and only recently hit 200+ when I returned to maple about a month or so ago. I don't know if it's just me, but in maplestory I got into the game by falling in love with an ability of a class. Originally I loved Spearmen/Dragon Knights, back in 2007, using Spearcrusher was my motivation to main a Dragonknight. Watching my old hero Tiger use it motivated me. Then Cygnus knights came out and Dawn Warriors were a thing. I fell in love with Soul Driver and it became my new favourite ability. Back then, Soul Driver was absurd, you can't deny that. It motivated me to make an ultimate adventurer, Paladin that uses Soul Driver. When I returned to maple the ultimate adventurer ability was crippled, Dawn Warrior's are completely different so I looked to Mihile who had the skill built into his kit. Its a decent ability for the level, but it's very short ranged.

Leveling my Mihile I look at how close ranged I am outside of my temporary 5th job ability that lasts 30s and my Royal Guard at full stacks. I watch other classes just show up to the arcane river and just bulldoze the map. I can't even compete, I can temporarily compete, and sometimes get a quick burst screenwide damage in with Royal Guard but other than that, I'm just at the whims of whatever class shows up and threatens to take my map. It would be nice if Soul Driver got a skill range increase, not to the absurd levels it was before where you just used the ability and hit everything on the screen, but make it farther than it is now, 2x the range of it, or maybe 2.5x the range. You can use the matrix to boost the damage of soul driver. I don't think this makes Soul Driver op, it inherently has lower damage than a lot of what you see, but it'll allow me to live my nostalgic past of playing a Dawn Warrior & it'll give Mihiles some more consistent ranged damage.

The damage of Soul Driver right now is 145% dmg for 6 hits, buffing the range to be 2x as big or 2.5-3x as big won't be game breaking op just so Mihiles can hit targets from further away. Soul Driver will not be dishing out crazy damage and other classes will still out shine a Mihile anyway. It'll make the class more fun for me personally to play, but I suppose the counter argument is why make a change for a singular player.

What do you guys think? Am I letting nostalgia get to me, or does this make some sense?

Cheers,
Syrup
softpeace
  1. Should Nexon buff the attack range of Soul Driver?8 votes
    1. Yes
       63% (5 votes)
    2. No
       38% (3 votes)

Comments

• ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited June 2020
    It'd be fun for Mihile to get a 5th job skill that makes Soul Driver bigger/better or a temporary buff that auto casts Soul Driver
    I too have a Ultimate Explorer Paladin for the same reason. Those were the best days :)
    Syrup
  • SyrupSyrup
    Reactions: 520
    edited June 2020
    That being a 5th job skill, something like Ultimate Soul Driver would be awesome. That is a good idea, I am jealous I didn't think of that!
  • softpeacesoftpeace
    Reactions: 610
    edited June 2020
    I think this is a really wonderful idea! It'd be nice to give Mihiles a little more range with their easily accessible ability so they don't have to feel forced off a channel or a map.
    Syrup