[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Tree Essences *Range Increasing Idea*

ClawStaffClawStaff
Reactions: 2,950
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests

How did I come up with this?
I was thinking about all the suggestions people had to boost our posssible range to be in line with KMS when we get 5th job. People suggested adding flames, and revamping either nebulites or bits.

General Idea
I came up with my own unique take on this, that I believe also fits in with the game's lore. The system would give equal opportunity for everyone to boost their effectiveness in general.

Where would it fit?
I thought we could have a UI added in one of the sections where things like Mushroom Shrine and Masteria through time are, that would be like a partially filled jar with glowing gold dust. The UI would give access to like a perk window. I would call it world tree essences.

Integration into Lore
Basically every monster in maple contains energy from the world tree. In order to try to restore the world tree, your character would hunt monsters, and store their essences in the jar, bosses would contain more.

What's in the UI?
The perk menu would serve a similar function to hyperstats, in the way you could pick from increases to certain things. It would probably start off giving you a decent percent boost to these stats, but after the first point put in each it would be a much smaller increase, and it would decrease a bit more eventually becoming static.

What it does
This system would have no points cap, and possibly apply to all characters in the same world (I did think of that possibly being OP, but it would also be tedious to have to kill that many enemies again on another char). I'm thinking at first this would give like 2% to each stat you put a point in and decrease each time to end at like .05% (These are just placeholder numbers they're probably bad) So as not to make you instantly have all invicible all powerful characters.

Inspiration
This system is kinda inspired by Badass ranks and tokens in Borderlands 2 and the Pre-sequel. In that game they did a good job to make all your characters stronger, without making them strong enough to destroy the game.

(When you think about it Maplestory has kinda similar mechanics to some in Borderlands 2. The only thing is since it's a shooter game, of course headshots are always critical, so instead of crit rate they have elemental DOT chance.)

Drawbacks
I am aware how OP crit rate would get with this, so I thought it would have a cap (like 10% or 20%) but have a more static rate of growth.

Why
I just wanted to share an idea that randomly came to me. It doesn't necessarily have to be that I actually expect it to happen, just trying to give people some more ideas on possible ways to achieve what people are asking for.

I just wanted to try to make an idea for a really accessible way to boost your power without having to be rich or end-game.

Poll
My poll is just to see if the community thinks any part of this would be useful in another suggestion.
  1. Should Other People Use Some of These Ideas?5 votes
    1. Yes
       80% (4 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Maybe
       20% (1 vote)

Comments

• ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Wow I didn't realize how much of a wall this looked like, even with paragraphs. The most important heading is probably What it does though.

(This is considered Simple Html?)
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    I like this idea, and personally, I can't wait for the 5th job
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I don't think that adding yet another mechanism that KMS doesn't have is wise, but I think your idea can be tweaked to not require that.

"World Tree Essences" are very much like EXP. You kill monsters, you get essences. Bosses give you more. By the nature of things, this means that people that are the same level are likely to have similar amounts of world tree essence (except maybe Zeros below level 180, who level by their quests). You also say that the stats these essences would give are very much like Hyper Stats.
    So I say: Instead of adding another mechnism to give stats based on, essentially, level, just buff our Hyper Stats.
    For example, make GMS' "Damage" Hyper Stat give 6% at every level (instead of 3%) for a total of 60% (instead of 30%)
    Or even more, depending on how much of a boost we need in order to measure up to KMS and its Additional Options and 16+ Star Force.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I thought that should be the way they do it too actually, just everyone seems to be creating these ideas, and Nexon of course gives no response.

I just thought of another alternative way they could do this if they are to ever actually want to use any of them.

Also we already have timeless equips, and Mihile and Demon's shields, if being too much like level exp is a problem just look at those lol.

Plus this is designed to use 5th job's damage cap removal to actually make infinite growth possible.