[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Frustrated with Aran changes

RawRaw
Reactions: 515
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As of v.177 I believe, Arans lost a lot of damage from adrenaline rush. While I totally AGREE that Arans were OP and probably deserved a nice nerf, Adrenaline Rush was a large reason why I chose the class to begin with. Just so everyone is clear the changes are:

-Regained Memory: Removed crit increase, and Boss Att increase.
◦Advanced Combo Ability: Abnormal Status Resistance reduced from 60% to 40%.
◦Adrenaline Rush: When in Adrenaline Rush mode, skill damage has been reduced from 400% to 150%.
◦Adrenaline Burst: Added a passive function that raises the max damage cap to 15,000,000. Cannot be used for 15 seconds after it has ended.

When I woke up and saw these changes I was pretty devastated. They over halved Adrenaline Rush Damage, while at the same time deleting (not reducing) the crit and boss attack increase. And just for good measure, Arans now have to guzzle All Cure Potions. Sweet. Oh but don't worry, if you happen to cap, you get a chance to do 65,000,000. So that's good for.....10% of Arans? Ouch. Like I said, I am the first to admit the class needed to be weakened a bit, but I felt like when I logged on, Nexon took my polearm and turned it into a feather. And not one of those cool feathers people used to write old letters with, like a chicken feather...maybe a sparrow. I just think it would have been nice if Nexon had decided to land at a happy medium instead of murdering the prospects of a class. Now I wish I had funded a secondary like a Night Walker.

Comments

• DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited November 2016
    DeeMon
    DeeMon said:

until every single class does the same amount of damage, you know, the whole balancing thing.
    That's actually a good thing. Ideally all classes should do relatively similar damage when they're extremely funded. Hence why they removed the damage cap, because before classes with more lines just had a higher ceiling. 45k stat Mercedes does about the same damage as a 35k stat WA in KMS, so op kappa.

Aran was op, but the nerfs were a bit extreme (this is counting the batch of Aran nerfs coming in next patch). Honestly all those nerfs are fine except Adrenaline nerf. I used to be able to solo Hellux comfortably with 1.2mil range 300% boss and 93% IED. Now i think i need an extra 200-300k range to solo Hellux gem comfortably within time limit.

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    @DeeMon
    There's a limit to the balance you say, a bishop will never do the same DPS as a F/p with the same eqps, he just have better suport and can even die once every 10minutes(not as great as before the door nerf =p), besides the HS boost and so on, kind how corsairs have lower dps than cannores and bucc for having a ''shield'' against elemental/abnormal status with a short cool down and able to survive easyer than other classes in bosses.

Honestly 1,2m to solo hellux is low for a class that have a decent range(remember be the NL and NW rang to solo), most classes need near or more than 2m rang to solo it, aran still strong for them to nerf again during the V patch in KMS(they took 1att speed from booster, yet you can re-place that with MPE pot).
  • RawRaw
    edited November 2016
    I still think despite the things you say, the changes were pretty drastic. Adrenaline rush more than halved is sort of a chub killer if you ask me, regardless if you like the class or not. 1.2m to solo hellux is ridiculous, but arans also have to do more at hellux than NW and NL. Their stars or bats take out the mobs which significantly decreases the level of difficulty of killing hell mode without having to rebuff. I have been using the portals, but I have to say, I like the NL route at hellux better. I think since its preferable and easier, it should take more range to kill hellux. Isn't that "balanced?" If you can just stand in one spot and hold a button down, I think that it should take more range. Just sayin.
  • RawRaw
    edited November 2016
    So my argument is moderation, maybe not nerf the holy hell out of the aran. Maybe just take a little off the top? Not every hair cut should be a buzz cut lol.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    The damage on Arans is already done, they won't buff aran now, else they wouldn't have nerf too much.
    It was a OP class, and nexon tend to make them OP and nerf later to get money...

You should get over this changes, most of the classes strugle to do things and you want a more OP class, i mean it's frustrating to a class that is a attacking one yet it need 30% or more funding to do the same damage as a aran(before the changes)...