[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dark Ringmaster Quest Issue

StayGoldStayGold
Reactions: 1,670
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Hi,
I'm currently having difficulties activating this quest (maybe because of a bug I'm experiencing..).
Backstory: A week ago, I finished the Dark Lords of Darkness quest and got the totems that I wanted out of those that were offered to me by the boxes. Then, the next day, I tried collecting all the Cash Shop Item versions of the quest items and was only able to get the other three except Grin's Ring. After I got all three and knew that I wouldn't be able to get Grin's Ring before the other three expired, I equipped the three in order to help me raise my range temporarily. Then, when I tried getting all the CS versions again, I did the quest requirements and let the completed quests sit in my "starred" quest notifier list for 2-3 days (what was weird was that I was only able to do the three previously mentioned and not the "Dark Ringmaster" even though I picked up Grin's Ring (quest item) while I was trying to obtain the CS versions of the other three.
Can someone please help me? Is there a wait period of some sort where you shouldn't do the quests and you have to wait a week until you can get all 4 CS versions of the quest items?
Thanks in advance.

Keep in mind that this is my first time in 2 years doing this and I wasn't even able to do it properly the last time this event was available.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    In order to start the 4 quests, you need the 4 ETC items. If you don't have "Grin's Ordinary Ring" in your ETC inventory, you won't get the "Dark Ringmaster" quest.

To get that item, kill enemies around your level until it drops (it looks like the ring with Grin's ghost over it), make sure you have space in your ETC inventory, and loot it.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

In order to start the 4 quests, you need the 4 ETC items. If you don't have "Grin's Ordinary Ring" in your ETC inventory, you won't get the "Dark Ringmaster" quest.

To get that item, kill enemies around your level until it drops (it looks like the ring with Grin's ghost over it), make sure you have space in your ETC inventory, and loot it.
    But when I pick up Grin's ordinary ring, the quest doesn't pop up in my starred quest notifier. The system just acts as if nothing happened. All I see in the chat box is that I picked up the ring, but no new quest appears.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

But when I pick up Grin's ordinary ring, the quest doesn't pop up in my starred quest notifier. The system just acts as if nothing happened. All I see in the chat box is that I picked up the ring, but no new quest appears.
    Did you start the Dark Lords of Darkness quest?
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2016
    You can also try checking your In Progress quests. If you dc'ed with the Dark Ringmaster quest accepted, it will not auto-forfeit. You have to manually do it in order to re-try.
    AKradian
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

StayGold
    StayGold said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Did you start the Dark Lords of Darkness quest?
    Yes, I did, and I also tried forfeiting the quest to see if it would make any difference. I think it's a problem on my side. Not sure though. It's alright if I can't get more totems. At least I got one good one.
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

You can also try checking your In Progress quests. If you dc'ed with the Dark Ringmaster quest accepted, it will not auto-forfeit. You have to manually do it in order to re-try.
    I did. The quest isn't there. Even the Completed Quests tab. And the Available Quests tab.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited November 2016
    Any solutions to my problem, or is there nothing I can do?
    The only quests that pop up for me now are: Dark Assassin, Dark Intruder, and the one for the Shoulder Dec (forgot name, tried searching it up but can't find the name) whenever I pick up the Quest Etc. Items (even with Grin's Ordinary Ring)

Pls help me. I want better totems for my character.
    If not, I'll have to wait until next year when this rare bug is fixed.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

The only quests that pop up for me now are: Dark Assassin, Dark Intruder, and the one for the Shoulder Dec (forgot name, tried searching it up but can't find the name) whenever I pick up the Quest Etc. Items (even with Grin's Ordinary Ring)

This happened to me once. It showed up again the next day for me. Though from how you're still having this problem, I guess waiting didn't fix it for you? Another weird bug I experienced was completing the quest and receiving a Grin Ring that expired five minutes after the completion, coincidentally at the same time as the other Grin Ring I had.

Do you have space in your etc tab when you pick up the ring? I dunno what else to suggest that hasn't been suggested already.

• StayGoldStayGold
    edited November 2016
    Fennekin
    Fennekin said:

StayGold
    StayGold said:

This happened to me once. It showed up again the next day for me. Though from how you're still having this problem, I guess waiting didn't fix it for you? Another weird bug I experienced was completing the quest and receiving a Grin Ring that expired five minutes after the completion, coincidentally at the same time as the other Grin Ring I had.

Do you have space in your etc tab when you pick up the ring? I dunno what else to suggest that hasn't been suggested already.

Thank you so much for responding ^_^ And yeah, I always have space whenever I pick up the Quest etc items. Now that I think about it, the whole Dark Lords of Darkness quest might be glitched for this character :(
    Oh well, I can always find better totems.