[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

guild party quest

gathergather
Reactions: 1,010
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Not too sure where this would go under but is guild party quest going to come back to gms?

Comments

• InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited November 2016
    I don't belive GPQ is coming back any time soon. What did you like about that content? I guess it would be cool if it came back revamped with better rewards.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    When was it removed (again)?
    I just talked to Shuang and he acted like it's available. I don't have 6 guildies online to try actually going in, though.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

When was it removed (again)?
    I just talked to Shuang and he acted like it's available. I don't have 6 guildies online to try actually going in, though.
    I remember it was disabled at some point when the guild system was updated and thought it wasn't enabled again due to being severely outdated, for instance how easy it's for people to "cheat" during Jump quests due to flash jump and teleporting skills. Also some of the maps are allegedly bugged and crashes players. Uh maybe I dreamt it or something lol.

According to this thread it was available seven months ago.

Lilyflower
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I am not certain either. I never cared too much for GPQ, but from what I remember, it was indeed removed, but was later returned. It had not been updated so it became something of a joke (due to the things you listed, as well as how easy the formerly-intimidating boss had become), but I was not aware that it was removed again.
    As I said, the NPCs involved don't say anything about not being able to go in. I got to the point where the door opened, and it kicked me out because we weren't six.

@gather , did you try running GPQ? What point did you get stopped?
    Invulgo
  • gathergather
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

I am not certain either. I never cared too much for GPQ, but from what I remember, it was indeed removed, but was later returned. It had not been updated so it became something of a joke (due to the things you listed, as well as how easy the formerly-intimidating boss had become), but I was not aware that it was removed again.
    As I said, the NPCs involved don't say anything about not being able to go in. I got to the point where the door opened, and it kicked me out because we weren't six.

@gather , did you try running GPQ? What point did you get stopped?
    Well to answer both you and Invulgo I'm kinda a old school player. Used to do guild party quest back during old maple back when there was forest of golem. Can't run one due to not a junior master as well as most of guildies these days afk. Guild party quest was for fun since it did bring guild members together. The last time did guild party quest might of been 2015? Only thing is revamping up the items from the guild bonus stage. Back in the old days my guild master used to give a guildie five million mesos to meso bomb ergoth to defeat him
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    So you made a thread to ask if it's coming back, without even checking if it's currently available?
  • gathergather
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

So you made a thread to ask if it's coming back, without even checking if it's currently available?
    Got confused by the npc in town to be honest, plus my old guild master was asking. Wasn't sure if that content was removed or not. Only clues found out that its still available is did find a reddit thread though issues is there are bugs. https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/4bonm9/reboot_is_there_any_change_to_the_guild_pq/

Was thinking are there ways to make guild party quest more interesting and get more guilds to do runs since it used to be popular in old pre maple
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    I think they could better rewards, maybe aee, pot scrolls, epic pot, even cubes! Maybe put a limit to go daily as well(2?), and make the boss more challenging, at least changing it's hp.

I remember this boss was quite the challenge back then, and i like the way GPQ is, you gotta use team work(or used to....=\), similar to other PQs that were harder, you also got better rewards from it.