[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

✓ Normal Ranmaru Pre-Entry Exit Doesn't Work

PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
Reactions: 5,265
edited June 2021 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Map / Portal

Brief bug summary: The v219 patch reworked a few aspects of Mori Ranmaru, but it also introduced a new bug where the pre-entry map will not let you exit due to a broken portal.

More details:
In the map before Normal Mode Mori Ranmaru (Secret Altar Path), the left portal does not work. The portal is meant to send you back to Dead Mine III, but it will not do anything if you try to use it. The only way to exit the map is to relog. Note that this only happens with Normal Mode, and does not happen with Hard Mode Mori Ranmaru. This is most noticeable if you select Normal Mode instead of Hard Mode by mistake, and attempt to leave.

I have recorded a video for reference:

Steps to reproduce:
1. Talk to Sanada Yukimura in Dead Mine III, and select the option to head to Normal Mode Mori Ranmaru (or use the Boss Queue and select Normal Mode Mori Ranmaru.
2. Attempt to use the left portal at Secret Altar Path (note that you aren't entering the boss yet, this is the map before). It will not work.

Character name: GreenGales

Character level: 255 (applies to anyone 120+)

Character job: Wind Archer (applies to any class)

World name: Bera (applies to any world though)

Date and time of the incident: December 18, 2020 at 5:00 PM EST

Comments

• WonJongWonJong
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2020
    I cannot exit through the portal in normal ranmaru entrance (secret altar path). You have to change character in order to exit. tried like 3 times with different channels.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited January 2021
    Fixed as of the latest minor patch.