[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Round the clock events

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Every day during the event period between 6:00 AM and 11:59 PM Pacific
Why is the event not active 24 hours a day?

Global MapleStory serves all of America, which by itself spans 8 different timezones, from Newfoundland in Canada to Hawaii; New Zealand and Australia which are another 4; the Middle East which is 2 or 3; and now also Europe which is anywhere between 4 and 12 depending on whether Eastern Europe - and specifically Russia - is officially in the service area.
I daresay GMS now officially serves players in every timezone on Earth. So why must events have downtime while it's night in Los Angeles, California?

I can understand that 2x events can't be around the clock, and that maintenances can't be scheduled in a way that would suit everybody. But I don't see why ordinary in-game events need to have holes that make it harder for non-Americans to participate fully.
KlaraDor

Comments

• KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited November 2016
    I'd also like to point out time-specific quests. I gotta be awake between 4 and 5 AM to call Orchid for an entire month if I want the chair. That's unreasonable.
    Dor
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited November 2016
    Yeah it's silly how they restrict the times. You have people playing across the globe. Please make them 24/7.
  • DeadMalcolmDeadMalcolm
    Reactions: 1,640
    edited November 2016
    Yes I agree 24/7 would be good. Just shorten the event.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    DeadMalcolm

Yes I agree 24/7 would be good. Just shorten the event.
    No need to shorten the event. There's a limit on the number of times you can participate in each mini-game, per day. So having the event going on for more hours per day will not allow no-lifers to collect more coins, or anything.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Now that server time is UTC, holes in event schedules make even less sense.

Why, exactly, do moon bunny pirates not attack between midnight and 6AM UTC?

And not just events, but also regular content like Kritias Invasions and Flag Races need to be around to clock to accommodate all players.

With the change to server time, the current time windows are actually inconvenient for the majority of GMS players.
    DorGoomu