[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please Bring Back Dark Totems of Dark Darkness:

XeraphimXeraphim
Reactions: 1,480
edited August 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
If not for the main servers, then for Reboot at the very least!

If they are "too powerful!" then please make them a Casual Gamer focused reward and limit the number per account that can be awarded and decrease the RNGness so that you don't see crying about nothing but bronzes and silvers or something

i'd also like to see a Reboot-only potable Badge akin to the Ghost Ship Survivor or whatever it's called because of all of the Sengoku Hakase Badge gloating, preferably on a static "you can do this quest with every character for the rest of eternity or until MS ends" basis

but the totems... please bring back the Darkly Dark Darkness Dark Totems of Dark Darkness
Leo
  1. Are you a Casual, HC or Meta player?2 votes
    1. Casual: 8 or less hours/week sometimes i take a year or five break
       50% (1 vote)
    2. HardCore: I'm serious about my Mapling and pump about 20 hours a week in (+/- 10 hours)
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Meta: MapleStory is my grind, genociding monsters is life. 40+ hours per week for me
       50% (1 vote)

Comments

• XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited August 2022
    People are encouraged to voice their own opinion in support of bringing such a thing to the main servers, though in the Discord i kept hearing about a conversion of real money (Labor (Private Property) + Time (Private Property)) into either Meso or Commercial Paper (e.g. $$$) as a means of bypassing the usual difficulty gating mechanic in Maplestory Bossing and how putting such things back *as tradeable* in the main servers would upset that *Commercial Economy* that i was loathe to discover exists

Side Note: in my opinion Maple Story should never have such a "Commercial Economy" as trading Meso or $$ or anything else for Boss Carries and the like

[Herp Derp mode for NPCs that have a hard time reading words:

Ask for the Items for your main servers so that the mention of Reboot becomes unimportant.

If you are worried about trading for totems and "economy" then ask for them to be untradable.

If you like the idea of new players always having a disability compared to older players, ask for things to be taken away.]

[Why i hate money: i did my best to start this at 7:15 into the video but sometimes the browser tries to start at the beginning in the middle of another topic - this was cut from a 2 hour discourse at a conference]
  • LeoLeo
    Reactions: 630
    edited September 2022
    Bring it back for both reboot and non-reboot