[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Skill points / Ability points

iBundanceiBundance
Reactions: 845
edited March 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Requesting Ability to add multiple points to Skill points without using auto assign. Being able to assign all skill points to secondary or tertiary skills
  1. Would You like to be able to add multiple ability points ?1 vote
    1. Yes it sounds like a good idea to try out classes with different ability point balances
       0% (0 votes)
    2. No i like this game as is.
       100% (1 vote)
    3. No i like this game as is..... but being more forgiving would be in the spirit of gaming
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2023
    Are you talking about Ability Points (STR/DEX/INT/LUK) or Skill Points (for skills, which differ by class)?

For Ability Points, there is no reason to do anything other than auto-assign. Putting AP in any stat except your class's primary will make your character weaker, and therefore it's very good that the game makes it harder to make such a mistake. I don't see how it would be "forgiving" to let people easily assign multiple points to a sub-optimal stat.

For Skill Points, the UI does allow you to assign as many as you want at once. It hardly matters anyway, since all classes except Beast Tamer get enough SP to max all their skills by the time they're level 140.
    Fuhreak
  • iBundanceiBundance
    Reactions: 845
    edited March 2023
    Well for YOU there may not be a reason but it shhould be allowed for players to build their characters the way they would like to . There has to be a reason for having 4 skill paths that are unlocked even if the bonus isnt damage their has to be some benefit from having these skill points. The title says skill and ability but the post clearly only refers to Ability points which is kinda confusing.