[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple needs Keybind Wheels

xMrMeowxMrMeow
Reactions: 1,635
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'm surprised I never thought of this before, but Maple could really use Keybind Wheels.

By that I mean a circle of 8 keybinds that will show up when pressing / holding down a key, ideally allowing you to select an option on the wheel with either the mouse or the arrow keys.

This would just be so helpful for cutting down on excessive amounts of keybinds for all the random stuff.

Example stuff you could compress onto one wheel:
- Facial Expressions / Emoticon
- Chat options: all chat / party / friends / guild / alliance / whisper
- Loadouts: Link Skills / Legion / Familiars / Regular Skills / Equipment
Fuhreak

Comments

• iBundanceiBundance
    Reactions: 975
    edited April 2023
    Maplestory already has this its called quick slots. We do not want maplestory being anything like the other games out there thank you for you post though. Do not ruin maplestory leave it as is and bring back monster carnivals , bring back incentives to party play , and increase exp rates so we do not REQUIRE boosted exp rates just to train.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2023
    iBundance wrote: »
    Maplestory already has this its called quick slots. We do not want maplestory being anything like the other games out there thank you for you post though. Do not ruin maplestory leave it as is and bring back monster carnivals , bring back incentives to party play , and increase exp rates so we do not REQUIRE boosted exp rates just to train.

Quickslots are not what he's asking for and speak for yourself. This would reduce the number of keys that players have to press without removing anything.
    It would be an optional QoL. Ironically, you say leave maple the same but also ask for radical changes. Far more radical than what OP is asking for.
    Corek
  • iBundanceiBundance
    Reactions: 975
    edited April 2023
    I dont think i've suggested anything radical but keybind wheels sounds so weird. could jsut say group menu items differently but this doesnt seem necessary most of the maplestory options are accessible easily except the wonky the fairy events which I am too lazy to ever click into and do.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2023
    iBundance wrote: »
    I dont think i've suggested anything radical but keybind wheels sounds so weird. could jsut say group menu items differently but this doesnt seem necessary most of the maplestory options are accessible easily except the wonky the fairy events which I am too lazy to ever click into and do.

It's not about options. Re-read the OP to make sure you're commenting on the right thing.
    It's about hotkeys. Press 1 then press left to use one buff, then 1 > up to use a second buff.
    It reduces the number of keys you need.
    A lot of classes have a lot of buttons to press. This would cut down on that.
    Bringing back Monster Carnival and Party play would be a radical change, is what I meant. That's not how the game is played anymore and it would be a major development endeavor and radical change "from current maple" to add that kind of stuff back.