[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

GMS/EMS Improvements Suggestion

AchnologniaAchnolognia
Reactions: 610
edited May 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I prefer to abstain from drama in games. This time Nexon pushed me past that line. I am going to share some ideas I have to improve the current state in Global MapleStory [GMS] and Europe MapleStory [EMS]. These are all ideas I personally believe should be implemented in to the game to improve the overall state of the game for the better.

Farewell Jett Event
Please provide is with a better compensation for removing Jett. Something I demand is a permanent Jett/Lab Legion Block. Per block unlocked on your Jett this Legion Block provides you with 1% Critical damage. This can be masked in an "Jett Farewell Event" for KMS as well. Giving them access to this Legion Block too to keep things fair.

maplestory.jpg

Maplestory Game Client
Finalize the current 64-bit game client. There are too many client crashes. The most notorious one is the "This Client ID is already logged in". It would be better to have the game crash on you completely.

eeeror1.png

Finalize the 1920 x 1080 Screen resolution. This is still in BETA. Events that require a change of screen resolution as the Pollo & Fritto Chicken Dance as well as Cash Shop seem to crash due to this. This is an assumption.

Rework the World Map
Remove the drop down menu in the upper left corner. Your game is now 1920 x 1080 or higher, increase the Graphical User Interface for the world map with it. Add a zoom function for players who play on a low resulotion monitor.

A recommendation would be to show Mapleworld it's surface at the bottom side of the map with all it's continents and areas. Looking into outer space viewing several planets of Grandis. The arcane river to be a nebula which connects Maplestory with Grandis. This is a suggestion, I do not want to kill your artistic creativity.

desktop-wallpaper-abstract-fantasy-planets-shine-light-surface.jpg

Rework Maplestory Quests
Rework questlines from Maplestory turning them into "Theme Dungeons". Gold Beach, Ellinial Fairy Academy and Rienna Strait are amazing. I can't recall the 4th one since no one plays that. Add more Theme dungeons to the game making leveling to 200 easier and more fun. A suggestion would be.

150 - 175: Threads of Fate Questline
150 - 175: Root Abyss Questline
150 - 175: Von Leon Questline

175 - 200: Pink Bean Questline
175 - 200: Magnus Questline
175 - 200: Princess Nohime Questline

These areas are mandatory for endgame players. If people, starting out with the game, are introduced to these areas throughout "Theme Dungeons", Nexon is able to steer these players into a fair endgame for all.

Arcane River Changes
Adjust Dream Defender. Remove the climb for people who have already reached higher floors on other accounts. Doing this multiple times on mules is time consuming and boring.

Increase the level of Arcane River Symbols to 25. This will give a player 3.000 more main statistics. Some players, as myself, enjoy doing dailies. Hence, I would love to see a Symbol level increase.

Rune Changes
Let's be honest. Rune of Riches is a Rune no one likes and is often left untouched. Please increase the value of the Rune of Riches past level 200 areas. A suggestion I would like to give is to adjust Rune of Riches from Arcane River and up. Possibility to drop Nodestones on average, Arcane Symbols and Droplets to be rare. And adjust Rune of Riches from Cernium and up. Possibility to drop Nodestones on average and Sacred Symbols to be rare.

Maplestory Bossing Changes
Remove the Will Tests progression block. Failing Will is fine and you should be punished for it by losing a life. However, it becomes obnoxious when beginning players keep a party hostage due to this reason. Resulting in a party dying out before stage 3 or missing members to complete phase 3 due to numerous re-attemps on the test stages. Keep the tests and the punishment of losing a life, but remove the progression block.

Maplestory Pit Boss changes
Add a merchant in Tenebris that trades Pit Boss equipment for Tenebris Coins. Tenebris coins can be gotten from the daily missions. Moonbridge, Labyrinth of Suffering and Lumina daily all reward a Tenebris Coin. Three coins per day. The merchant in Tenebris will trade you 300 coins for a pit boss accessory.

Add the Berserked item to the vendor in Black Haven. This item can be bought for 300 Extraordinary Energy Core (Grade S).

Add the Eyepatch item to the vendor in World Tree. This item can be bought for 300 Twisted Stigma Spirit Stone.

Cash Transfer Event
Remove limitations from Cash Shop and the transfer between characters. I'm from the Netherlands and I'm pretty sure this is legally wrong. This will open up the option for me to main other classes than Explorers. Right now I'm locked in place. No Won-Ki, I will not spend more money.

Add Symbol Party Quests
One thing a player cannot resist is to get stronger. I would love to see a party quest introduced which can be done once per day that rewards a Party Quest Symbol. The option to solo this is possible, but the more member in your party, the more symbols to be rewarded. Let's return the concept of MMO if just a little.

Comments

• AchnologniaAchnolognia
    Reactions: 610
    edited May 2023
    Feedback Received on Discord:
    Dream Defender is going to be changed in the Savior update to a Weekly that doesn't require a climb. Rune of Riches is wonderful for early game. Will Test is something you'd need to learn. Tenebris Sparks of Determination you can get from the bosses as well, the dailies aren't required.

The merchant option for Berserked and Eyepatch makes getting Best in Slot items too easy since the bosses can drop 6 cores or more per week. Getting more Arcane Force would effect Black Mage fights. The fights would become easier.

Respone to Received Feedback:
    I wasn't aware of the changes to Dream Defender in Savior. I'm happy the climb will be removed. Rune of Riches change would only be meant for areas between 200 - 260 for Arcane River and 260 above for Grandis. Making it tempting to pop these runes instead of changing channels to find one that benefits me grinding.

Will Test is a personal grudge of mine, since we get shout-outs from people stating that you "Must know mechanics". But when I ask people to teach me they return to me by saying "Just watch a YouTube Video". The Tenebris Sparks of Determination comments goes past me since I was referring to a new form of currency.

The comment on the BiS items for Berserked and Eyepatch I'd counter with the low chance of getting these items and a way to get them guaranteed once every 6 months or so as a pity system would be wonderful. The Arcane Force part due to higher Symbols would make the end game more accessible for players.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2023
    Respone to Received Feedback:
    I wasn't aware of the changes to Dream Defender in Savior. I'm happy the climb will be removed. Rune of Riches change would only be meant for areas between 200 - 260 for Arcane River and 260 above for Grandis. Making it tempting to pop these runes instead of changing channels to find one that benefits me grinding.

I agree with the rune change. However there are far more problems than just Rune of Riches.
    Rune of Contact and Rune of Might are also worthless in the higher level areas.
    I would suggest all runes be balanced around all stages of the game.
    There should be no bad runes, you shouldn't get a "reward" for grinding only to curse the reward you obtained.

Will Test is a personal grudge of mine, since we get shout-outs from people stating that you "Must know mechanics". But when I ask people to teach me they return to me by saying "Just watch a YouTube Video". The Tenebris Sparks of Determination comments goes past me since I was referring to a new form of currency.

I'm sorry to say it, but just learn the test. It's not hard. Several youtube videos exist that explain how the test works (Phase 2 is the one that matters)
    Unless you get absolutely screwed by poor placement or web RNG the test is completely free and there is no reason you should fail it.

The comment on the BiS items for Berserked and Eyepatch I'd counter with the low chance of getting these items and a way to get them guaranteed once every 6 months or so as a pity system would be wonderful. The Arcane Force part due to higher Symbols would make the end game more accessible for players.

A pity system for pitched items would be fantastic, this should obviously only exist for reboot where trading isn't possible.
    If Nexon doesn't want players who already have a ton of the boss items stacked up they could introduce a new system or coin that goes moving forward.
    This would allow Nexon to more finely control how often players obtain pitched gear.
    Achnolognia