[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nerf Arcane Force(1 dmg taken at lvl 200+ is noFun

RedRavenRedRaven
Reactions: 1,205
edited July 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
like ok sure empower mobs while we have less Arcane Power than them

but dont reduce their dmg to nothingness if we are above them(like no more than 10% dmg reduction)......its entirely boring if no dmg is taken at all

EDIT: actually no more than 10% reduction....-1% for every 20 Arcane Force above them(capping at 10% reduction)

EDIT PART 2
i decided to also suggest this for older Zones to make them actually fun as well as some class change
if all mobs follow the same dps formula its less tweak to do later on too

Formula 1
mobs dmg for lvl 10-200 15%-40% of player hp every hit(for every lvl increment from 10 onward up to 200.....+0.13% dmg
Base dmg 15% + (Char lvl X 0.13%) + 0.3%
for example
lvl 10....15% dmg taken
lvl 11....15.13%+0.3% dmg taken
lvl 12....15.26%+0.3% dmg taken
lvl 13...15.39%+0.3% dmg taken
lvl 14...15.52%+0.3% dmg taken
lvl 15...15.65%+0.3% dmg taken
lvl 16...15.78%+0.3% dmg taken
lvl 17...15.91%+0.3% dmg taken
lvl 200....39.7%+0.3% dmg taken

IF Char lvl = 201-300 then use Formula no 2 instead of Formula No 1
Formula 2
lvl 201-275.....+0.53 per lvl starting at 201 +0.25% (max of 80% dmg taken to health bar per hit
(Base dmg 40% + ((Char lvl - 200) X 0.53%) + 0.25%.....divised by char innate dmg reduction...then divised again by skills dmg reduction..repeat for link skills,legion skills = total dmg taken
lvl 201....40.53%+0.25% dmg taken
lvl 275...79.75%+0.25% dmg taken
...if lvl cap goes above 275 then simply adjust the increment per lvl

then each class would have a passive innate % reduction(First Job & Job Adv skills not accounted for)
Magicianc -0%.....15% dmg would stay 15%
Bowmanc -10%....15% would go down to 13.5%
Thiefs -20%
Pirates -25%
Warriors -35%

cap dmg would be 90% of the character health if Char lvl is Equal or above the lvl of an enemy mobs
for example these bowmans at Henesys Ruin shoot 2 Arrows(both of them hit the character for full dmg(they can kill a player of the same lvl from full health in a single attack due to both arrow registring at the same time)....adding a dmg cap to enemies would prevent dying in a single hit(like for say
IF total dmg taken within 1 sec = exceed char total health then reduce total dmg within that 1 sec down to 90% of the full bar
CAP DMG FORMULA DOESN'T APPLY TO BOSSES...in case anyone is worried that its gonna mess bosses fights....its just for regular enemies

if the player is BELLOW the enemy lvl then the cap increase by 0.9099% for each lvl bellow the enemy(at 10 lvl bellow the player would take 99.99% total health as dmg)
11 lvl bellow then the cap is no longer there and the mobs can actually 1 shot the player from full health
just an idea to fix some 1 shot issues from regular enemies

thats just for mobs(to actually make the game feel increasing in difficulty instead of being boring and taking no dmg at all :S)
game experience at lvl 1-160 was extremely boring as mobs dealth no dmg to me
160-200 mobs actually do some dmg and actually felt like a game i was playing instead of free punching sandbags
202-220 is overly boring enemies deal no dmg once you got enough arcane force....i haven't reach highter lvl but if Arcane Force gonna behave this way up to 250 then
lvl 202-250 is not a game..its free boring punching sandbag

when a game is too hard its frustrating
but...when a game is too easy its boring as heck
you guys gotta pinpoint the middle ground

also here an additionnal take for lvl 201-275
above i did suggest to increment the dmg by 0.53% every char lvl for the lvl 201-275 range
some ppl may find it too difficult and i'd like to offer a solution
in the game setting add something call "game Difficulty Setting for lvl 201-275)
Easy Mode: enemy dmg are lowered but your exp gain is reduced by 35%...Enemy dmg increment continue as +0.8% for 201-275)
Easy Mode 2: enemy dmg are lowered but your exp gain is reduce by 15%..Enemy dmg increment continue as +0.20% for 201-275
Normal Mode: formula goes like i suggested above with no exp penalty...the increment increase by 0.53%

this way ppl who just want to experience the game at lower difficulty can do so with a small penalty as they reduce their risk of dying in the process

i may have forgot some calculations to take in but i wanted to share my thoughts on the lvling progress system

Comments

• iBundanceiBundance
    Reactions: 975
    edited July 2023
    I'd Agree taking 1 damage so soon is very disappointing to see. It's either I take way too much damage or I take none at all. and somehow if I afk on my 240 Cadena I randomly die.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2023
    Absolutely not on this suggestion. You're just adding more pay to win.
    People can already just avoid this by having a heal pet, all you're doing is forcing people to buy healing pets during grind if they don't want to bother with healing.
    Making the mobs do damage won't make grind more interesting, it will only make the game far more annoying.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    edited July 2023
    so your having fun with free punching sandbag ? for real ?

auto-heal is an item for rly unskilled players(no offense intended but its just so wrong to remove any challenge)

also that wasn't a pet item untill rly late in maple

i'am not for bs like anti-heal from anti-afk mobs(which affect player even when not afk) if not dealth with in timely manner...but i'am also againts removal of needing players skills to play

auto-heal on pets should be removed too(even refunded)

having to heal isn't annoying and is part of any well design game....tell me whats the point of playing if you can stand like a statue and be invincible ?

maple need to go back on actual gameplay where there was once a challenge to fight mobs without crap like auto-heal

although bringing back part of old maple with actual chance to die more often need to remove the exp debuff that last for hours because that debuff would be a serious problem if ppl die more often

btw...i would rather die than embarass myself by using something like a auto-heal

and auto-heal isn't exactly pay to win....play well and and you can stay ahead of ppl using that...no real advantage to it except dodging exp debuff since can't die and wont get exp debuff(aka a design flaw)

also how about they re-design a few things on top of the above so you wont feel that its pay to win ?

EDIT: btw..sorry for being a bit aggresive there...i'am just frustrated with the game offering no challenge so far after 1 month and half since i returned to maple...other than those cheap death by anti-heal when i had low lvl Arcane Force(mobs had shield active and high dmg) its been hella boring when mobs started doing no dmg again as well as the 1-160 grind...and let alone finding ppl to even play with because the whole community seem to be in the 240 content or something...vanishing land is where i got to see ppl gathering but likely just for its dailies

EDIT 2: oh and...pay to win is exactly why i had left 12 years ago......cubing stuff costing in the 100,000$ rl cash...completly disgusting...or even that tiger chair odds which was like 300,000$ worth of $$$ due to abysmal rate of getting it trough gachapon(or wtv method that was back then for it(can't remember how it was acquire))...so thats the last thing i'd want to encourage..10 years of salary for a single item is outright mess up....btw auto-heal is already helping ppl in the 250+ to exactly that win(doesn't make a difference if they can do it in lower lvl content).......unless the item is remove entirely then it dont matter if we can have some enjoyment at lower levels even if some ppl cheese trough early......btw 250+ ppl ain't taking a measly 1 dmg right ?
  • iBundanceiBundance
    Reactions: 975
    edited July 2023
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Absolutely not on this suggestion. You're just adding more pay to win.
    People can already just avoid this by having a heal pet, all you're doing is forcing people to buy healing pets during grind if they don't want to bother with healing.
    Making the mobs do damage won't make grind more interesting, it will only make the game far more annoying.

Healing pets are kind of worth buying you pay for convenience and youre not paying to directly boost your stats. You'll still need to grind the same way buy it makes it a bit more pleasant to sit for long hours and grind maps.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2023
    RedRaven wrote: »
    [Snip]
    The problem is that you will be grinding at this level for thousands of hour on end. So no, I do not really want to add having to heal on top of mindless grind.
    If the grind were faster and more interesting, sure having to heal would be fine.
    But simply making the mobs do more damage does not make the grind more interesting.

i'am just frustrated with the game offering no challenge so far after 1 month and half since i returned to maple...
    Maple isn't supposed to be challenging while grinding, it's challenging while bossing.
    Since we have better challenge in other parts of the game now there's no real point to introducing challenge in grind like this.
    I'm all for challenge during grind but just making mobs do more damage is not it.
    iBundance wrote: »
    Healing pets are kind of worth buying you pay for convenience and youre not paying to directly boost your stats. You'll still need to grind the same way buy it makes it a bit more pleasant to sit for long hours and grind maps.

Healing pets aren't really used for grind though. They're used for bossing. It's one less thing that you have to manage during bossing and thus it makes the game easier to play.

I'm not trying to be mean, but both of you sound like newer players who haven't really experienced what all maple has to offer.
    That's going to give you good fresh outside perspective on a number of issues but it's also going to make you lack nuance on some issues.
    Again, not trying to be mean, but iBudance in particular has been flat out wrong on several things mentioned in other threads.
    I'm not saying to not make suggestions or that you aren't aware enough to make maple a better place, but you have to also try to see it from the perspective of players who have tens of thousands of hours in new maple as well.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    edited July 2023
    not new and at the same time new
    i played 3 years back in old maple when content like LPQ(Alishar boss)....KPQ(Slime boss)...OPQ(Papa Pixie)....Romeo&Juliet PQ were relevant...as well as Crimsonwood PQ(CWK PQ)............Time Temple was the main grind place where enemies would kill you in 2 hit once you were out of the pq content...i even ran LionKing PQ cause i was a pro jumper and runs were quicks(ppl were ok running it with a pro jumper otherwise they would avoid it)

my old account still have things like that donkey head(Thieve helm)...Owl head(Warrior helm)..and i forgot what were the other 3
    the Shadow Style effect(Cash Item)(had a perm version of it)

i know of Maple Animators such as Dray86(Maple Kombat)..Turtlebear(Turtlebear Origin)..SummerAmore(The Star Tear)...DarkBlazeLance(Demonic Blade)....and some other serie which i kin of forgot who they were made by...Judas Kiss....Vampire something(XHolyBunniex)(deleted youtube channel)....School of Mages(by ????)

as i said returning player(if you mean new to current maple then yes i'am new in current era...but i still have my past experience)
    the current experience i'am having is not as fun as back in old days(especially dealing with barren lands and the requirement to have 40-50 alts to do viable dmg)
    ..the no dmg taken crap....the new horrid exp debuff when you die....the lack of pq......i been spending 10 hours a day every day since i returned and i haven't even caught up to ppl....i'am probably like 1/8 of the way b4 i even get to play with ppl....i got like 10 characters well progress currently and i need like 30-40 more......if i was a casual i would given up all hope of ever catching up to where ppl currently play...lemme ask you...if you had to start from scratch again..would you do it knowing what await ?

i'am still salty as well that they denied me the recovery of my old accounts despite providing accurate information(all char names, all mails associate to each acc(when cap char per account was about 12)...i even did let them know a friend logged into my old main acc after i quit maple 12 years ago....they even have the logs to verify that there been connection between different localisation......and guess what kin of info they wanted ? each characters creation date(how the heck would i have known i would of need that back then ?) on top of everything i provided
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2023
    as i said returning player(if you mean new to current maple then yes i'am new in current era...but i still have my past experience
    New to current era is what I meant, yes. Old era is dead for better or worse and as you mention the new game is hardly anything like the old game.
    You have to throw out a lot of the expectations of the old and look at the game through the lens of Bossing is the main goal of the game now with grind being something that gets in the way of that goal.
    lemme ask you...if you had to start from scratch again..would you do it knowing what await ?
    In a heartbeat. I'm already considering doing so despite the fact that I don't need to. New maple is infinitely better than the old imo and the only thing that made old maple even remotely tolerable was being young and it being full of other young people.
    I will say that the new account grind/setup is far more annoying than it should be for the average player and Nexon absolutely needs to take steps to make it less of a pain to jump into this game. But as someone who has the knowledge and experience of standing near the top of the mountain, I would absolutely climb it again.

I realize that not everyone wants the new maple and you might even be able to argue that the older maple was more popular (I would disagree on the basis of it being a fad, there's a reason most people stopped playing it before it ever even changed.)
    But for those people there's not much option but to move on, Nexon has made it clear they have no plans to go back to that.

• RedRavenRedRaven
    edited July 2023
    ight.....i'am speechless...to actually be willing to start from scratch despite the harsh amount of grind that have to be put in to catch up to other ppl(that would also mean no bosses carries from friends)....unless high guilds have ton of ppl willing to carry a mass amount of randoms ppl i'am not sure how you be getting into end-game content quickly without connections.........well i guess our view differ way too much in this aspect

i like when the whole content is enjoyable not just the end game for bossing...if all you enjoy is bossing i suppose thats why ya dislike the grind part and wanna be out of it asap

and ya i have read somewhere about them not wanting to go back to old maple style..although they should probably settle for a middle ground to have content pleasing all kin of players .....maybe this ratio would work ?....for every 3 major bosses release 1 pq get release
    60% of content being boss
    20% being pq
    20% being grind

grinding needing improvement that i would fully agree seeing current state of the game..someway to catch up to where everyone is once every year
    for new & returning players... maybe 7 hyper burning gifts that burst lvl to 200 would do(ofc that would benefit me too) + 3 that burst to 240
    for the rest basic tweaks to speed up 1-230...from my notice the exp gain at 220+ is way too slow and seem to only increase trough dailies quests
    i can't imagine anyone having 50 lvl 250+ :base on how fast the exp goes up :S (even among veterans that never left maple...not even gonna mention lvl 275 or above)

EDIT: err while at it...whats does CRA mean ? Chaos ???? could not find any bosses in the list whose initial are RA except for RAnmaru(but he dont have a chaos difficulty)......so i'am clueless as whose boss ppl are refering to if i could fish that info from ya XD
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2023
    ight.....i'am speechless...to actually be willing to start from scratch
    I don't view it as such. I view it was "Starting again, with experience."
    i suppose thats why ya dislike the grind part and wanna be out of it asap
    I never said that was the case. I actually do like the grind, It gives me something to do while I do other things.
    There is a reason why I have several 250+ characters.
    If you add a need to heal on top of this I can no longer grind the way I want to without buying a pet.
    You're also underestimating just how much grind you have to do in order to get to a high level or boss.
    Unless the experience is increased several hundred times over, what your asking for would already make the insufferable daily grind that much more so.
    grinding needing improvement that i would fully agree seeing current state of the game..someway to catch up to where everyone is once every year
    for new & returning players...

Catching up in terms of EXP is not hard. Plenty of people grind to 250 or 275 in a reasonable amount of time with fresh accounts all the time.
    The real issue is symbols. You are hard time-gated by those, no matter how much you grind you will never catch up with older players.
    Something that I hope the new symbol drops will fix.

Grinding is mostly just a matter of putting in enough days. Instead of being mostly based on how many hours you're willing to put into it, it's a matter of how often you are willing to log into the game every day, this is what makes the grind annoying because you can only actually "progress" in about 15 minute chunks once per day, anything beyond that is just for getting levels which don't really matter that much except for unlocking even more 15 minute chunks.