[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Blasters class suggestion

RedRavenRedRaven
Reactions: 1,205
edited August 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Combo Stack rank 3: increase amount of enemies hit by 1 for all skills
Combo Stack Rank 5: increase amount of enemies hit by 2(up from 1)
Combo Rank 1-6: increase all attacks horizontal range by 5% per stack(max of 30%) and Radius by 3.3% per Stack(20.2% max)

Bobbing//Weaving redesign to be a high movement speed stance instead of being an active skill..currently its awfully slow and a huge downtime after casting it
its also quite brutal alternating between the 2 skills already since it also require the correct link skill associate with them being push
its also mind wrecking since these skills direction goes from wherever the char is facing....so left can be right and right can be left

would also think alloting jumping should be allowed during these(quite inconvenient being stuck in a spot)....idk if i'am playing it wrong but i'am struggling with these :S
so i'am playing Blaster without using those 2 skills or any skills only functionnal when those are active

the class dont have high jump and make it quite difficult to mob efficiently..so i thought improving its combo effect to compensate for that should be done

edit: currently lvl 139 as blaster......and i dont think the hyper skills will help much
edit 2: oh almost forgot: Ballistic Hurricane could also use some help in movement speed(like at least twice the current speed)....it move way too slow and it can't even jump :S

SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC bellow
on an extra note: would be nice if all classes passive buffs could at least last 4 mins b4 having to be recast....baseline b4 Empathy//Mechanic Legion Buff take place
its especially rough wth classes that has like 6+ buffs skills
while at it please redesign macros to accept passive buffs skills with cooldowns to apply to it(D-Sharp Eye,D-Hyper Body,D- Holy Symbol, D-Speed infusion, Class Speed up, wtv else) into a single button.....all of these take too much keys on the keyboard at fifth job ....and increase amount of assign skills from 3 to 10
this does NOT include burst dps skills

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2023
    Blaster is a high skill floor and ceiling class that is designed to destroy your hands.
    I don't play Blaster, but it sounds like you might be playing it wrong? Check this video for your main rotation in bossing.

I don't think blaster players would like these changes to the class. (Bobbing and Weaving)
    I've said it before but I'll say it again, I don't think changes to classes should be suggested until you've seen the entire kit of the class.

As a note blaster does have an "up jump", in the form of one of the skills.
    Detonate: Fire your cannon to thrust in the direction opposite the way you are facing. The recoil that thrusts you will also damage nearby enemies. Using the skill while holding the up arrow key will cause an explosion on the ground that propels you upward. Attacking an enemy with attack reflection will not damage you, and the skill cannot be used while reloading.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited August 2023
    i was actually speaking from a mobbing standpoint...not bossing....not rly any bosses that can be done as a 139 XD.....Zakum is not a good sample :S and Magnus//Hilla can't bother with them bellow 145 as 10 mins fights are not worth the effort that early on...time best spent to lvl in temple of time for some +dmg%///boss dmg% from hyper stats to greatly speed up boss fight

in your case Magnus//Hilla is trivial though at 140 since ya likely have 300-400 main stats from your legion effects......something i dont have...practicly doubling your dps.....i think you may have forget to account that it was from a lvl 139 perspective though when u brought up the bossing topic which should be illogical at that lvl :P or very least unlikely(except for masochism players who like to take extra long for no reason XD(inefficient progress))

your video was interesting though....i didn't bother with macros since macros tend to be useless for most classes....and from the macro experience i got the second//third skill on the macro list dont trigger if you move the slightest when using it for buffs skills(i made 1 macro for my buccaneer for maple warrior,crosbones and speed infusion and thats what happen when moving :S)....so i figured it would not work for active skills as well
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2023
    The problem with not considering bossing is that you'll end up suggesting things that affect the character's bossing, which is a major focus of the game.
    The topic of bossing is always relevant since that's what any main character will always be working towards.
    I brought it up because to focus on only mobbing is a good way to accidentally break bossing. I could have made that point better I'll admit.
    I do recall that Nexon has buffed Blaster's mobbing range several times already, perhaps they still need adjustment.
    while at it please redesign macros to accept passive buffs skills with cooldowns to apply to it(D-Sharp Eye,D-Hyper Body,D- Holy Symbol, D-Speed infusion, Class Speed up, wtv else) into a single button.....all of these take too much keys on the keyboard at fifth job ....and increase amount of assign skills from 3 to 10
    this does NOT include burst dps skills
    We are actually getting a "buff button" that has multiple skills in assigned to one, so hopefully that can fix some of the keyboard economy issues that maple currently has.
    https://orangemushroom.net/2023/06/16/kms-ver-1-2-378-maplestory-new-age-identisk-island/#improve5