[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Sixth Star: PQ glitchy...not 100% chance to earn

RedRavenRedRaven
Reactions: 925
edited October 2023 in Bug Reporting
credit when clearing when playing in group

Pyramid PQ being the only exception to this mess out of all of them for party play

took nearly 15 ATTEMPTS OF EACH PQ !!! to get credit for most pq....on top of that the chance to get credit seem to increase when swapping whoever was leading

even 15 attempts wasn't enough to get 3/3 completion credit for R&J PQ....Pirate PQ.....Escape PQ and Hobgoblin PQ
1 friend got fully done within 15 of each....second friend is only short on Escape PQ.......

and in my case i'am short of 1 for R&J...short of 2 for Pirate PQ...short of 2 for Escape PQ....and short of 1 for Hobgoblin PQ

solo PQ such as Xerxes and Tangyoon had 100% credit upon soloing those 2.....and surprising Pyramid PQ gave credit to all 4 members for all 3 runs

so the problem lies in party playing

hopefully this problem get fix by start of next weekend because its quite irritating

just to note
classes dont seem to the deciding factor..we had 2 Khali at some point but different outcome for each Khali
i have a feel the credits is base in which order each player were added to the group but i didn't exactly try it out
the first credit of each pq seem to be guaranteed for a group of 3...but second and third is like granted to 1 single player
however when we did R&J pq our fourth member got no credit at all for his first and second run

thats all of my observations and hope that help pin the problem
Dual3lade

Comments

• Chris1102Chris1102
    Reactions: 1,320
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2023
    Just did the PQs with a few friends. i think we know how it works now. The first clear seems to be guaranteed credit for everyone. after that it picks one random person in the party to give credit to. That includes people that already cleared. We figured out you can brute force the credit onto a specific person by having every other player leave that already has the thing done.

Lets say you have a party of people that looks like this:

Player 1 2/3
    Player 2 2/3
    Player 3 3/3

Before the boss at the end is killed, have Player 3 leave. that only leaves either Player 1 or 2 to get credit. Then reinvite player 3 and do the same again only this time also the other person that is now 3/3 leaves. That will max out the last player for that PQ.

Hope it helps
    Ben_Fishin
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 925
    edited October 2023
    thx for the info Chris..nice to know