[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Event improvements

DorDor
Reactions: 710
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
GMS is servicing people from all around the world, many with different timezones, here are some things I believe need to change to encourage more people to participate.

Invitation events - Those should be running the entire day, the 6 hours off time could and probably are affecting people of different time zones, people who only get to play during that off time window, it's unfair and should be addressed.

x2 EXP/Drop and similar events - Events running with set time windows should also change, they should either run the entire day or work differently, such as an individual timer system per account during that day, letting players start/stop (the ability to stop is not a must, but would be appreciated, at least on a cooldown, so people could take breaks without burning through their time) x2 as they wish during the day, for a maximum duration of 8 hours (both 4 hour windows combined), that would let anyone who's able to get on during x2 days but not make it to the x2 windows to get the x2 buffs regardless of when they're on.

Events with goals - Most of them are just too limiting, all of these events should have some "headroom" to allow people to miss doing the event a few times, just like the attendance event lets you miss a few days, however, events like the "Rice Cake Festival" event with the "Rice Cake Master Chef" goal of 1500 rice cakes made is requiring players to participate every day, and with the missed day due to the EMS migration, it's not even possible anymore, goals should be more realistic to appeal to a larger part of the playerbase.

General improvements - Recently updates note have started to not include a whole lot of information, information about events was also affected with the change and individual event posts also do not include much information either and refer to the information lacking update notes for more detail that does not exist, might as well refer to the update previews, cause they provide just as much information. Update notes should include more detail about how to participate in events and what you're required to do, I usually just skip through in-game dialog cause it gets really boring to read dialogs over and over and I'm sure I'm not the only one, I almost missed the first day of the rice cake event cause I did not know what to do until I encountered the interface by accident. In-game dialogs should also be shorter, there's a whole lot of unnecessary text and usually much more "lore" than details about how to participate in events, majorly contributing to the reason I am/people are just skipping through everything, additionally cutscenes are especially annoying (such as the cutscenes in the "Water Wars" event, when you started it for the first time and when you joined Resistance/Cygnus for the first time, especially when done on more than one character), avoid using them or let us skip them, they're just too slow.

Comments

• KurollKuroll
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited November 2016
    these rice cake events are bad and impossible, these coins are sooo hard to get, theres not a box that drop from monsters and gives coins ,
    making these cakes takes way too long to get 1 from each cake, considering anything is so expensive in the shop 500 coins for
    a job change coin..... thats not even possible to farm 500 coins with these cakes taking too long to make and the hot time didnt even give us coins,
    not to mention the SS ring is way way to hard, 10 coins for a c jewl and these fail aloot. i been farming these for hours a day and nothing
    and the invitation events are only giving you 1 coin... they really should make more easy ways to farm these coins
    RickBeh
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

these rice cake events are bad and impossible, these coins are sooo hard to get, theres not a box that drop from monsters and gives coins ,
    making these cakes takes way too long to get 1 from each cake, considering anything is so expensive in the shop 500 coins for
    a job change coin..... thats not even possible to farm 500 coins with these cakes taking too long to make and the hot time didnt even give us coins,
    not to mention the SS ring is way way to hard, 10 coins for a c jewl and these fail aloot. i been farming these for hours a day and nothing
    and the invitation events are only giving you 1 coin... they really should make more easy ways to farm these coins
    I remember back in the day the rice cake event it's easy to get coins because the shop is not to expensive and the drop rate is balance good times :), but now it's horrible and impossible to get anything!.

BIackbean
  • KurollKuroll
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

I remember back in the day the rice cake event it's easy to get coins because the shop is not to expensive and the drop rate is balance good times :), but now it's horrible and impossible to get anything!.

yup it is, i mean.. and the S rings are so hard to get, you pay 10 coins for c jewl. and these always fail. some days you spend the whole day farming and go back to
    the 0 point as if you never did farm these coins. 30% chance wtih coins that are so hard to farm?
    at this rate even players who farm everyday wont be able to finish SS ring, not to mention buy anything from shop... damage skin is 250
    chair anotehr 250.. job change coin 500? in a whole day of farming i get maybe 40 coins if i farm all day and then i try my luck with jewls carfting and im left with nothing because it fail. worse event i've ever seen in gms