[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Commander Weapons

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
When you kill Magnus, you have a chance of obtaining the might kaiserium. Then comes a questline to liberate to its full power.

Other commanders such as Hilla and Arkarium wield staffs. It would be cool if you can become the owner of those weapons as well by killing them!

These weapons would not come with potential or be pottable. They can be soul enhanced like the Kaiserium. Each weapon will grant the user one exclusive skill that boss uses.

Hilla's Staff would have the ability to bind multiple enemies while feeding its HP to the user and its party. Arkarium's scepter will use the screencrash skill to inflict massive damage to mobs as well as removing all their buffs and bypassing all defense and making them unable to deal damage for a few seconds. Kaiserium doesn't have anything special. Possible skill I am thinking of is granting Swords of Will (cannot be activated alongside other skills like real Kaiser, so it would be like the Sengoku Totem skill)

These weapons are tradable and are only obtained from killing the owner on its highest difficulty (hard hilla.) After obtaining the weapon, it would not have the skill until you do a quest for the NPC (like the Kaiserium again.) The NPCs giving the quest will be Rhine and Medina. Upon finishing the quest, the weapon will receive a massive attack boost as well as have the skill equipped.

Who is interested in the idea of Commander Weapons. I wish the Black Mage had an evil archer, a thief and a pirate commander.
  1. What are your thoughts on these weapons13 votes
    1. Interesting
       92% (12 votes)
    2. Gimmicky
       8% (1 vote)

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    This sounds really cool, but I really want to see some other unique weapons introduced. We already have a staff from ToZ (granted its insanely hard to get but it exists), so why not stuff like a unique claw, wand, dagger etc...?
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited November 2016
    anyone know any other weapons the commands wield?

• XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited November 2016
    Arkniggerium wields a Scepter and a Skull (Orb). He is such a rat fink it's crazy.

Hilla wields a Staff.

Horntail is a form of Hydra (not to be confused with HYDRA in Captain America). He could drop Elemental variations of current weapons.
    If you want to get crazy with HT, you could have a random rare spawn of a Red Skull version of Horntail that drops a Cosmic Cube (guaranteed rank up if less than Unique).

Bink Pean (un TSS un TSS un TSS un TSS) wields a Microphone (a form of Club/Wand).

Demon Sleigher wields a Mace (not to be confused with Mace). He converts to the Resistance though.

Magnuts the Infinite Guwaru Stone Wielder who is Immune To His Own Bullsh!t That Makes His Fight Uncompletable Unless You Hack The Stones Away And Risk A Ban wields a large sword, obviously. I find it interesting that he seems to wield it with one hand.

Lion King should drop a wicked powerful Knuckle and Claw. 'Nuff said.

Zakum is so broken he's not just crumbling, he's cheating. Zak is too handsy for me and I want my V-Card back. This guy is fine still dropping his "poisonic" Psionic weapons, but the Chaos version needs to drop level 210 weapons. Because he cheats. A lot.

I seriously think the Sweetwater drop rates on Reboot are so low as to be criminally sadistic, on a somewhat related note.
    JettLuvsUgamechanger
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Daxterbeer

I wish the Black Mage had an evil archer, a thief and a pirate commander.
    He does. The Elite bosses have a weapon for each class. Human Hunter July, Charge Type CQ57, and Fighter Plaid for archer, thief, and pirate respectively.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I do think this would be really cool, I also think the bosses should get a special fabled weapon for each class.

I mean what if Magnus also dropped the other weapons you see past Kaisers wielding in the Heliseum portal room?
    JettLuvsU
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Daxterbeer

anyone know any other weapons the commands wield?

I'd be fine if they weren't even weapons that commanders wielded. Its just that if we get more unique weapons I would rather not get more swords and staffs since we already have those.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited November 2016
    Aside weapons, should there be gears that are dropped from bosses?

In the boss set, we don't have armor (unless it is intentional.) I feel like wings from Damien can be drop. It is similar to Tengu's wings except of granting special effects from the red threads, it would grant Demon's wing skills such as glide and hi-jump.

Looking into Arkarium, I feel that his rings shouldn't be a 2 set, and be part of boss set.