[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Here's some feedback NEXON, and co.

MrNiceMrNice
Reactions: 510
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Finally fixed

/closed.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I agree that this is utterly ridiculous.

Even if they can't figure out what's causing it (which is odd because it's 100% reproducible), it's easy enough to make a quick workaround:
    1. Make the portal from "Empress' Road: Crossroads of Ereve" (the "town" map with the shop NPCs) go directly to "Empress' Road: Ereve" (the map with Cygnus, Neinheart, and the chief knights) and vice versa. Just cut Knights Chamber out of the world until they can figure out what's wrong with it. It's not actually required for any quest, as far as I can recall.
    2. Warp all characters in the map to the adjacent map "Ereve".

Yes, this workaround will require a mini-patch to the map.wz file, but that's better than leaving so many characters unable to be played.
    ShakaAlekgenji123
  • MrNiceMrNice
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Even if they can't figure out what's causing it (which is odd because it's 100% reproducible), it's easy enough to make a quick workaround:
    1. Make the portal from "Empress' Road: Crossroads of Ereve" (the "town" map with the shop NPCs) go directly to "Empress' Road: Ereve" (the map with Cygnus, Neinheart, and the chief knights) and vice versa. Just cut Knights Chamber out of the world until they can figure out what's wrong with it. It's not actually required for any quest, as far as I can recall.

Yes, this workaround will require a mini-patch to the map.wz file, but that's better than leaving so many characters unable to be played.
    Yea you are right, this should be doable.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Compensate for what? You could've got literally any amount of xp/mesos or whatever since entering Ereve if it wasn't broken. Where do you expect them to pull up something to compensate it with?
  • MrNiceMrNice
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

Compensate for what? You could've got literally any amount of xp/mesos or whatever since entering Ereve if it wasn't broken. Where do you expect them to pull up something to compensate it with?
    So you actually think it's okay to pay for a product, but not be able to use it? It's not like we wanted to be bugged, no, nexon did not do their job 100%. They left work only doing 90% of the task.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

It's even easier than this. We had this bug before in EMS and it got fixed in v1.18. They can apply the same fix probably again, for the same issue.

• ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Pay for a product? You are not required to pay for Maple though, you chose to. And I meant what exactly do you expect them to give you. It's not like you lost a cash item or a day for an event.
  • MrNiceMrNice
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

Pay for a product? You are not required to pay for Maple though, you chose to. And I meant what exactly do you expect them to give you. It's not like you lost a cash item or a day for an event.
    Man you seem like a complete jerk. Be helpful instead of whatever attitude you are trying to show off.
    And yea I did lose money + mesos on this bug, for every day there went I lost 1% to the taxes in my FM Shop, 4 days = 4% of 2.5b - This adds up, and the fact that you can't see anything wrong in this, is scary.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    MrNice
    MrNice said:

ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

Man you seem like a complete jerk. Be helpful instead of whatever attitude you are trying to show off.
    And yea I did lose money + mesos on this bug, for every day there went I lost 1% to the taxes in my FM Shop, 4 days = 4% of 2.5b - This adds up, and the fact that you can't see anything wrong in this, is scary.
    4% of 2,500,000,000 is 100,000,000. 1% is 25,000,000. I fail to see how you're losing actual, tangible money. Especially when shop permits last for 30 days. You're still getting 86.66666667% of your money's worth from your hired merchant.

What's scary is that you're treating a game like a business that can't operate and, somehow, generates losses for every instant that it's not actively in business.
    gamechanger
  • MrNiceMrNice
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

MrNice
    MrNice said:

ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

4% of 2,500,000,000 is 100,000,000. 1% is 25,000,000. I fail to see how you're losing actual, tangible money. Especially when shop permits last for 30 days. You're still getting 86.66666667% of your money's worth from your hired merchant.

What's scary is that you're treating a game like a business that can't operate and, somehow, generates losses for every instant that it's not actively in business.
    Lmao... funny thing is, i got my compensation. I'm pretty glad that none of you 2 guys work at nexon, that would be a disaster. Good luck in life :D
    WillowRosenberg
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Be helpful? What did you expect me to do exactly? Wave my magic wand that makes Nexon give you things? lol

Also you never mentioned you bought an expiring cash item until now, how would I know that exactly. I thought you were just asking for compensation for absolutely nothing lost. I wouldn't have even commented in the first place if you made that clear.
    gamechanger
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

Be helpful? What did you expect me to do exactly? Wave my magic wand that makes Nexon give you things? lol

Also you never mentioned you bought an expiring cash item until now, how would I know that exactly. I thought you were just asking for compensation for absolutely nothing lost. I wouldn't have even commented in the first place if you made that clear.
    He expected sympathy for coming off as a jerk.

Honestly the only thing that should be compensated is CS items that you weren't able to use, extend their time by a week and it should be good. Players don't deserve any compensation for something like this. Its not like the game was completely unplayable
    Aggraphine