[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

When Will Reboot's Drop Table be Really Fixed?

ClawStaffClawStaff
Reactions: 2,950
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
⁣ ⁣ First of all I know there was an issue with Reboot's drop tables, because they did not contain the items GMS has such as monster cards/familiars. The drop table had to be reverted because of this. That should have only ever been a temporary solution though. I feel Nexon had sufficient time to take the pre-reboot items, and add them to the Reboot drop tables, or at least make good progress in it.

⁣ ⁣ I know I can just sell the item if it's not for my class, but one of Reboot's features was for enemies (normal monsters at least) to drop class specific equips. There has been absolutely no news on progress in fixing Reboot's drop tables, so I thought it would be about time to ask.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I honestly don't see the problem with normal enemies sometimes dropping off-class gear. I've raised about 20 characters to 100 and beyond in Reboot, and never had a problem finding gear for them.

I mean, most of the gear that drops is NPC fodder anyway. Even if it's for our class (and gender), it's usually is no better than what we already have. Off-class gear is just part of that "no better", along with wrong-gender gear.
    For off-class armor, you can still use it with the transfer hammer, if it happens to have good stats or is of a level you need as intermediate. For weapons, yeah, all you can do is NPC them - but at least they NPC for good meso.

The only places where off-class drops are a problem are Commerci voyages and Magnus. For Commerci, many solutions have been offered and forwarded by the CM, so hopefully Nexon will choose to implement one of them, soon. For Magnus, people have suggested a few solutions as well, and also found a workaround in the form of pet "ignore item" skill.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

I honestly don't see the problem with normal enemies sometimes dropping off-class gear. I've raised about 20 characters to 100 and beyond in Reboot, and never had a problem finding gear for them.

I mean, most of the gear that drops is NPC fodder anyway. Even if it's for our class (and gender), it's usually is no better than what we already have. Off-class gear is just part of that "no better", along with wrong-gender gear.
    For off-class armor, you can still use it with the transfer hammer, if it happens to have good stats or is of a level you need as intermediate. For weapons, yeah, all you can do is NPC them - but at least they NPC for good meso.

The only places where off-class drops are a problem are Commerci voyages and Magnus. For Commerci, many solutions have been offered and forwarded by the CM, so hopefully Nexon will choose to implement one of them, soon. For Magnus, people have suggested a few solutions as well, and also found a workaround in the form of pet "ignore item" skill.
    This is only slightly related, but on the Magnus front it would honestly be better overall if all Tyrant capes were merged into a single one that was equippable by all classes. They share the exact same stats and exact same appearance so it doesn't make much sense to keep them class specific. Ideally the same would happen to belt and boots as well. The only tyrant equips that have stats based on their class roles is the gloves anyway.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

AKradian
    AKradian said:

This is only slightly related, but on the Magnus front it would honestly be better overall if all Tyrant capes were merged into a single one that was equippable by all classes. They share the exact same stats and exact same appearance so it doesn't make much sense to keep them class specific. Ideally the same would happen to belt and boots as well. The only tyrant equips that have stats based on their class roles is the gloves anyway.
    The capes are class-restricted, most likely, to prevent perma-beginners from using them.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

gamechanger

AKradian
    AKradian said:

The capes are class-restricted, most likely, to prevent perma-beginners from using them.

The real reason for class restrictions is so players will spend money on PSoK to trade them. There's seriously no need for many end game items not to have +all stats and be unable to differentiate how they look visually otherwise.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    The thing isn't whether it's necessary to have class specific items drop or not, but rather that it was supposed to be a feature, but isn't.
    Luxx
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

The thing isn't whether it's necessary to have class specific items drop or not, but rather that it was supposed to be a feature, but isn't.
    There are so many other things wrong with the game, that do need fixing. Whatever effort is required to make the class-equip mechanism work while codex and familiar cards still drop, would be better spent on fixing bugs that really hurt us.