[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why explorers don't have a link skill?

FieldSkyFieldSky
Reactions: 830
edited November 2016 in General Chat

I've never fully understood that. Nexon has given some explanation about it?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Because they existed before link skills were invented.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Because they existed before link skills were invented.
    And were consequently revamped after they were introduced, along with Cygnus Knights and Evan/Aran yet out of those only explorers didn't receive a link skill on the revamp.

Its because Nexon hates them. No other reason to not give them one, especially now that every other class in the game, including 3 that are classified as Explorers for sake, has one
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    I really don't think Explorers need link skills...it would be something boring like the Resistance ones...
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

I really don't think Explorers need link skills...it would be something boring like the Resistance ones...
    Even if it is I don't see any reason to not give Explorers a link skill other than sheer laziness on NexonKoreas part. One could (and indeed a lot of people have) that Blessing of the Fairy counts as the explorer link skill, yet they ignore the fact that Cygnus Knights get Empress Blessing and a link skill on top of that (which until we get V patch will be one of the most powerful links in the game)
  • Mallow256Mallow256
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

Its because Nexon hates them. No other reason to not give them one, especially now that every other class in the game, including 3 that are classified as Explorers for sake, has one
    You always forget that DBs don't have a link skill :S
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited November 2016
    Mallow256
    Mallow256 said:

gamechanger

That's true. I do always forget that they don't have one. Its probably because they are the one class I have never played in this game idk
  • AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

Mallow256
    Mallow256 said:

gamechanger

That's true. I do always forget that they don't have one. Its probably because they are the one class I have never played in this game idk
    dun say that to start i kn plenty ppl that main a db
    and tell me all pat point of exploxer get also a link sk? would be generals to all explorers or per class (warrior1 mage another etc...) alsoif explorers had a link per class or had like cygnus wat link would be? how many lvl to stack (cygnus hav 5 stack, explowers got 3 warrior+ 2 bm's +3 mages 3 thiefs and 3 pirates...) - so imagines of link stacked all that... we wouldnt even hav enought slots for the links neither comes a good idea for a link that doesnt get repeated
    to no speak to link skill slots per char that with current link u alr got + links than slots
    instead of complain go on and suggest a good and unique idea

• DannyAKABoboDannyAKABobo
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

If you really think the Resistance link skill is useless, you must not even go bossing further than Mano the snail.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    Well, they really could give, i guess the reason is that: since explorers can switch jobs, and pass all nx itens with each other, nexon thinks this is already a advantage over other jobs....
    I wish we could have one, maybe a extra slot for link as a link skill could work =D, or maybe +att/matt, like 3att per link.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    Well, here's a thought:

What if Explorers/Adventurers had stacking Drop Rate% per stack? Same ratio as Cygnus Knights and their Status/Elemental Resist, but with Drop Rate.
  • AramyAramy
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    to stack with 13jobs u must be a lil exagerated no? or is per job class (mage thief...)
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    edited November 2016
    Aramy
    Aramy said:

to stack with 13jobs u must be a lil exagerated no? or is per job class (mage thief...)
    Oh, I meant per sub-class. So 25% drop if you have a Lv. 120 Warrior, Magician, Bowman, Thief, and Pirate. It would also be amazing if having a Lv. 120 Beginner did something *wink wink nudge nudge* (Perhaps a total of 50% if you have a Beginner as well as the above).
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited November 2016
    Aramy
    Aramy said:

gamechanger

Mallow256
    Mallow256 said:

gamechanger

and tell me all pat point of exploxer get also a link sk? would be generals to all explorers or per class (warrior1 mage another etc...) alsoif explorers had a link per class or had like cygnus wat link would be? how many lvl to stack (cygnus hav 5 stack, explowers got 3 warrior+ 2 bm's +3 mages 3 thiefs and 3 pirates...) - so imagines of link stacked all that... we wouldnt even hav enought slots for the links neither comes a good idea for a link that doesnt get repeated
    to no speak to link skill slots per char that with current link u alr got + links than slots

A general skill like the Cygnus knight link. Stack up to level 10, so it would only require 2 classes from each job branch. Lots of ideas for what it could be have been thrown out but Nexon has been their typical silent over the issue
  • AramyAramy
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

Aramy
    Aramy said:

gamechanger

Mallow256
    Mallow256 said:

gamechanger

A general skill like the Cygnus knight link. Stack up to level 10, so it would only require 2 classes from each job branch. Lots of ideas for what it could be have been thrown out but Nexon has been their typical silent over the issue
    what u saiing is too vage and a horrible idea unless they increase char slots limit
    also dun forget canoer alr hav their own link (making only 12 adv jobs avaliable for that). im + than sure ppl wouldnt waste 10 of their current 40 char slots neither time to make 10 adv link sk's like there arent enought link skills atm
    makazekiba idea is way + reliable
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    edited November 2016
    Aramy
    Aramy said:

What you're [proposing] is a [rather] vague and horrible idea unless they increase character slot limit.
    Also, don't forget [that] Cannoneer already has its own link (making only 12 jobs avaliable for that). I'm [more] than sure people would [rather not] waste 10 of their current 40 character slots neither their time to make 10 job link skills. [It's not as if there] aren't enough link skills already.
    MakazeKiba's idea is way more reliable.
    No offense, I had to correct that. It kinda hurt to read.

AkihikoT_
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    MakazeKiba

Aramy
    Aramy said:

What you're [proposing] is a [rather] vague and horrible idea unless they increase character slot limit.
    Also, don't forget [that] Cannoneer already has its own link (making only 12 jobs avaliable for that). I'm [more] than sure people would [rather not] waste 10 of their current 40 character slots neither their time to make 10 job link skills. [It's not as if there] aren't enough link skills already.
    MakazeKiba's idea is way more reliable.
    No offense, I had to correct that. It kinda hurt to read.

Thank Fricken god I'm not the only one who couldn't stand how it was speaking.