[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

buying or selling NX LEGAL or NOT ?

WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
Reactions: 3,370
edited February 2020 in General Chat
i saw in few post that mods mention that selling its against ToS
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/5268/don-t-sell-nx-to-this-player#latest
or thats forum only ingame its alright ?
can there be some more specific example ?

example-question :
i want to buy few items worth of lets say around 30k nx, i will go fm and say B>30K nx and tell the guy or girl that sell nx the items i want that are around 30k and we d o a cash trade (not sure for this but what if gift aswell?)
is this legit ?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    1. In GMS, the only items you can "Cash Trade" are the equipment covers from Premium Surprise Boxes. Those are intended to be traded, so of course it's allowed.

2. It is against the rules to sell/buy "NX gifts" (i.e., one person goes into the Cash Shop and gifts the other person a Cash item, in return for mesos paid either before or after) or NX codes (give/take mesos in return for Karma Koin codes).

3. As you can see from the thread you linked, if you do those things you are liable to get scammed, because somebody always has to go first.

4. You're also liable to get banned.
    TubaShaneration
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited November 2016
    WONDERGUY
    WONDERGUY said:

comeing from EMS-kradia wich is now LUNA selling nx was legit useing cash trade or gift
    now i saw in few post that mods mention that selling its against ToS
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/5268/don-t-sell-nx-to-this-player#latest

example-question :
    i want to buy few items worth of lets say around 30k nx, i will go fm and say B>30K nx and tell the guy or girl that sell nx the items i want that are around 30k and we d o a cash trade (not sure for this but what if gift aswell?)
    is this legit ?
    woah what?! Selling NX in EMS was legal... Lmfao
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Xenon92
    Xenon92 said:

Why is it so funny?
    It's that way in KMS, too.
    Over there, most items you buy in the Cash Shop can be traded (or sold in FM shops) as long as they haven't been used.
    It's only Nexon America that insists on this silly "If you want something from the Cash Shop, you have to pay for it with your own money. We don't allow anyone else to buy things for you unless they truly are gifts and you're giving nothing in return" rule.
    Tubax0ThiefUxie
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    As AKradian said, according to the terms of service:
    G. Prohibited Use of the Games and Interactive Services
    You will not exploit our games or interactive services for any commercial purpose, including but not limited to the buying or selling of accounts, NX or in-game items, or the provision of "power leveling" services.
    http://www.nexon.net/legal/code-of-conduct/

Buying and selling NX, that is to say, buying and selling in-game items for real money is not allowed. Also note that "everyone's doing it", an excuse which has been used before, is not applicable. You may trade cash items, such as the items from premium surprise style boxes, for mesos, however, so in your example it would be perfectly legal to buy those particular items individually from a given player (if they're tradeable), or to trade items over to them and have them cube or anvil the items (this is referred to as cube or anvil service and AFAIK is not explicitly banned).

With the addition of auction house tomorrow we may or may not see the addition of the meso market that was in KMS, which will provide a safe, legal way of trading NX for mesos. This is, however, purely speculation and we have no confirmation of its addition to GMS, you'll just have to wait and see. But explicit signs like "B>30k NX" are not allowed.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    I already fear the implications of the auction house. Ordinarily, I would be ecstatic with such a thing, but...

Add in the bots and the sheer volume they can generate, and we may see a crash immediately. I just hope for the best.
    YonaxDedicatedBMWildFreek
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited November 2016
    Neospector

As AKradian said, according to the terms of service:
    G. Prohibited Use of the Games and Interactive Services
    You will not exploit our games or interactive services for any commercial purpose, including but not limited to the buying or selling of accounts, NX or in-game items, or the provision of "power leveling" services.
    http://www.nexon.net/legal/code-of-conduct/

Buying and selling NX, that is to say, buying and selling in-game items for real money is not allowed. Also note that "everyone's doing it", an excuse which has been used before, is not applicable. You may trade cash items, such as the items from premium surprise style boxes, for mesos, however, so in your example it would be perfectly legal to buy those particular items individually from a given player (if they're tradeable), or to trade items over to them and have them cube or anvil the items (this is referred to as cube or anvil service and AFAIK is not explicitly banned).

With the addition of auction house tomorrow we may or may not see the addition of the meso market that was in KMS, which will provide a safe, legal way of trading NX for mesos. This is, however, purely speculation and we have no confirmation of its addition to GMS, you'll just have to wait and see. But explicit signs like "B>30k NX" are not allowed.

this is more clear answer of what i heard and wanted to hear from others
    so i think nexon sud warn alot players in luna for that before people get ban because this thing its rly new for us
    i think its fair to say " B>NX ___ amount" then each item and price... wich is huge text
    what about "B>NX__ & rate 1:__ meso "?
    but yea lets see what auction house bring
  • PermolasPermolas
    Reactions: 340
    edited December 2016
    Xenon92
    Xenon92 said:

WONDERGUY
    WONDERGUY said:

comeing from EMS-kradia wich is now LUNA selling nx was legit useing cash trade or gift

example-question :
    is this legit ?

Selling NX Cash itself was against the rules, but it was allowed to sell cash items for meso via cash trade or hired/pemit shop.

This was pretty good as it was a reliable way to buy/sell cash items(especially cubes and PSoK) for meso and viceversa and you didnt have to depend on black market or insecure ways to do so.

BTW, KMS has cash trade system as well. IMO it is a much better version of what on GMS was known as MTS. Sucks that EMS lost it with the GMS client update.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited December 2016
    Permolas
    Permolas said:

Xenon92
    Xenon92 said:

WONDERGUY
    WONDERGUY said:

example-question :
    is this legit ?

Selling NX Cash itself was against the rules, but it was allowed to sell cash items for meso via cash trade or hired/pemit shop.

This was pretty good as it was a reliable way to buy/sell cash items(especially cubes and PSoK) for meso and viceversa and you didnt have to depend on black market or insecure ways to do so.

BTW, KMS has cash trade system as well. IMO it is a much better version of what on GMS was known as MTS. Sucks that EMS lost it with the GMS client update.
    yea ;(
    but i hope this auction house will bring back what we had and be safe

also not so sure please forgive me if not true
    but i heard there will be npc that sell meso for nx/points ? or something ?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    WONDERGUY
    WONDERGUY said:

That's the Meso Market, which we may or may not get with Auction House.
    The NPC doesn't sell anything, it just runs an exchange of players' Maple Points and meso. Players can pay Maple Points and get meso, or vice versa. The exchange rate depends on supply and demand.

I'm pretty sure we're not getting it, though, because the Cash Shop Update notice didn't say anything about the Maple Point package that's an essential part of the Meso Market. People buy the Maple Points with NX (prepaid or credit), and then they can sell the Maple Points in the Meso Market.
    If we don't have this item in the Cash Shop, then there is no way to turn NX into Maple Points.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited December 2016
    MakazeKiba

I already fear the implications of the auction house. Ordinarily, I would be ecstatic with such a thing, but...

Add in the bots and the sheer volume they can generate, and we may see a crash immediately. I just hope for the best.
    starforce and few other thing allready dose that so dont worry keep the meso worthy
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

WONDERGUY
    WONDERGUY said:

That's the Meso Market, which we may or may not get with Auction House.
    The NPC doesn't sell anything, it just runs an exchange of players' Maple Points and meso. Players can pay Maple Points and get meso, or vice versa. The exchange rate depends on supply and demand.

I'm pretty sure we're not getting it, though, because the Cash Shop Update notice didn't say anything about the Maple Point package that's an essential part of the Meso Market. People buy the Maple Points with NX (prepaid or credit), and then they can sell the Maple Points in the Meso Market.
    If we don't have this item in the Cash Shop, then there is no way to turn NX into Maple Points.
    ahh yea thank you i heard that aswell but wasnt so sure and was poorly explained because it comes from KMS

• AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    only is sadl that on gms cubes and most of nx items arent traedable
    making the game way + pay2win
    im + than sure if these items became traedable all would win in the end
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited December 2016
    WONDERGUY
    WONDERGUY said:

starforce and few other thing allready dose that so dont worry keep the meso worthy
    As the video itself says, money sinks alone will not suffice. It also requires binding the ingame currency to something more exclusive.
  • AlexisShionAlexisShion
    Reactions: 905
    edited December 2016
    They could add the system to trade Cubes that EMS had before. It makes people buy more cubes to sell and get mesos. I dont understand whats the stupidity into thinking you would get more money from making them pay2win only. Alot of players dont like to spend real money on a game, and nx is pretty much headshooting them progress wise. I cant spend money cause the currency exchange is too high for me, and since we got GMS v173 I havent been able to get my hands on any Cube or anything from cash shop. Losing one potential buyer of cubes with mesos from another player.
  • AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    AlexisShion

They could add the system to trade Cubes that EMS had before. It makes people buy more cubes to sell and get mesos. I dont understand whats the stupidity into thinking you would get more money from making them pay2win only. Alot of players dont like to spend real money on a game, and nx is pretty much headshooting them progress wise. I cant spend money cause the currency exchange is too high for me, and since we got GMS v173 I havent been able to get my hands on any Cube or anything from cash shop. Losing one potential buyer of cubes with mesos from another player.
    not only make cubes trad but all items trad as far they were bought with prepaid and not used
    well when gms gtg rly need of $$$ im sure they gtg do that