[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Well the Matinance is Extened for awile..

ShadowJoshXDShadowJoshXD
Reactions: 1,330
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Yep We have to wait even longer.. maintenance is Extended until further noticed. Have fun Waiting it out and hope it does not end up like a day long maintenance.

Comments

• piercedfreakpiercedfreak
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited November 2016
    you are not a true maple player, if you didnt expect that...lol
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited November 2016
    piercedfreak

I think it's more upsetting to see this:
    "[Update] The maintenance has been extended until further notice."
    They can't even manage to give us an estimated time which is really annoying since people would like to play the game as this update seems very interesting. I still don't know why they have to perform maintenances during the day when people are up and awake and even the kids are out of school. I don't know why the game developers/technical staff can't work late at night the one time that they have a "scheduled" maintenance like this one. It just seems like common sense, and a good business move to adjust your hours to a big content update since a large number of players play the game during the day. But what do I know

133tLilyflowerWolfcat501Hungry4Pizza
  • AbissycAbissyc
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

piercedfreak

They can't even manage to give us an estimated time which is really annoying since people would like to play the game as this update seems very interesting. I still don't know why they have to perform maintenances during the day when people are up and awake and even the kids are out of school. I don't know why the game developers/technical staff can't work late at night the one time that they have a "scheduled" maintenance like this one. It just seems like common sense, and a good business move to adjust your hours to a big content update since a large number of players play the game during the day. But what do I know

Because they know that u will still playing xD
  • KarothisKarothis
    Reactions: 235
    edited November 2016
    Abissyc
    Abissyc said:

Tuba
    Tuba said:

piercedfreak

More like because they don't want to work at night either, which is reasonable. blizzard performs maintenance on their servers during the day too.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    Karothis
    Karothis said:

Abissyc
    Abissyc said:

Tuba
    Tuba said:

piercedfreak

More like because they don't want to work at night either, which is reasonable. blizzard performs maintenance on their servers during the day too.
    There are also people from all over the world playing GMS so it'd almost impossible to get a time that everyone would be happy with.
    gamechanger
  • piercedfreakpiercedfreak
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited November 2016
    Karothis
    Karothis said:

Abissyc
    Abissyc said:

Tuba
    Tuba said:

piercedfreak

but blizzard doesnt usually extend maintenance time, every time they add a patch...i think it might be because blizzard actually test the patches before they go live with them.
    Tuba
  • TubaTuba
    edited November 2016
    Karothis
    Karothis said:

Abissyc
    Abissyc said:

Tuba
    Tuba said:

piercedfreak

Grammar or nah?
    I don't think anyone "wants" to work at night tho lol but I mean when you have a large player base and people are hyped for the update and they can't log on because it's still under maintenance with no ETA then I mean it's kinda disappointing, especially for the people who are home during the day.
    but blizzard doesnt usually extend maintenance time, every time they add a patch...i think it might be because blizzard actually test the patches before they go live with them.
    ^^^^^
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited November 2016
    Best part about the time zone change is day one of this update is going to be 2 hours or less. Yippee.
  • SandwichSandwich
    Reactions: 2,830
    edited November 2016
    Yeah it's pretty silly but this is not a surprise. I would have been shocked if the maintenance actually ended on time.
    TubaRockarchyLilyflower
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited November 2016
    They never release a major patch on time and barely release small ones on time. I don't know why you people expect anything less than 12-24hr patches
  • TubaTuba
    edited November 2016
    Sandwich
    Sandwich said:

Yeah it's pretty silly but this is not a surprise. I would have been shocked if the maintenance actually ended on time.
    Lol isn't that sad?
  • TubaTuba
    edited November 2016
    HeinekenHero

They never release a major patch on time and barely release small ones on time. I don't know why you people expect anything less than 12-24hr patches
    That's the thing. They should have their maintenance planned out and we should expect them to end on time. Of course there's always going to be a maintenance that has to be extended, but all their maintenance are extended, not just extended but extended with no estimated time that we can go off of. Even the minor updates lol.
    Hungry4Pizza
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Welp...time to take a nap or something...=3=
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited November 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

piercedfreak

They stopped giving specific times like they use too because they would ad 2 hrs then add 2hrs again and again instead they just originally give a time so people are quiet for 6 hrs and then jst say it will eventually be up
  • TubaTuba
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

Welp...time to take a nap or something...=3=
    time for a long walk to my kitchen lmao
    Wolfcat501
  • Marga95Marga95
    Reactions: 880
    edited November 2016
    guys the update was only 1gb? bnecause after i downloaded it now i have to download the game 9.66gb....
  • TubaTuba
    edited November 2016
    Marga95
    Marga95 said:

guys the update was only 1gb? bnecause after i downloaded it now i have to download the game 9.66gb....
    I don't keep track of the file size sorry, I didn't even know the file size prior to the update lol.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    Marga95
    Marga95 said:

Where did you see the update is 1gb? are you talking about the manual patch that's 827 MB? If it's got a glitch in it then it'll make you redownload the entire game. (the extended server down time usually means there ended up being a glitch they're trying to work out.)
  • Marga95Marga95
    Reactions: 880
    edited November 2016
    yea when i start the clien there was an update 8mb around ,
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Marga95
    Marga95 said:

Where did you see the update is 1gb? are you talking about the manual patch that's 827 MB? If it's got a glitch in it then it'll make you redownload the entire game. (the extended server down time usually means there ended up being a glitch they're trying to work out.)
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Marga95
    Marga95 said:

• SurtrrrSurtrrr
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2016
    sad