[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Star force maps vs popular grinding maps

MachoDanshakuMachoDanshaku
Reactions: 750
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Hey there,

So I have a question about star force maps. How come the mainstream grinding maps are non-star force ones?
Why would anyone train in Hall of Honor, instead of the First/Second Drill Hall? Aren't the star force maps supposed to be better exp/h?

Comments

• MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited December 2016
    Starforce areas are also higher damage from mobs, even if you manage to get the stars for the area. Moreover, some of these areas are far off the beaten path. Personally, I hope it stays that way- leaves a viable training spot that people ignore.
  • MachoDanshakuMachoDanshaku
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    Yeah I just tried both the second drill hall and HoH during the 2x exp event. Granted, I was 2-shotting the second drill hall mobs (not ridiculously difficult, but to non-funded players it might be), but exp/h was about 1.5 times as fast.

I asked the question because all the grinding guides on youtube and elsewhere talk about HoH as the best grinding spot. I thought that was odd.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited December 2016
    Most people dislike HoH since the mobs are low EXP on kill. I dislike it for the map's shape. Others don't like the fact that the spawn is slow. I think these reasons are why people generally dislike any area.