[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Jett's Gravity Crush needs to be buffed NOW

BelloPallyBelloPally
Reactions: 1,905
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Gravity Crush
Level 1: MP Cost: 1000. Draw in up to 8 enemies in range, stunning them, and creates a singularity which periodically deals 500% damage. Singularity Duration: 10 seconds. When the skill duration ends or the skill is used again, the singularity explodes dealing 660% AoE damage over a large range. The damage of the AoE attack can increase based on the damage inflicted by allies while the enemy is within the singularity. Cooldown: 120 seconds.

While its visual effect is awesome, the skill itself is so pathetically weak that it is hard to believe that this trash is a 5th job skill. Here are some of the problems of Gravity Crush:

1. Low damage
500% is rather low for a 5th job skill, don't you think? I would understand if this skill lands a lot of hits, but according to my battle statistics it managed to land total of 8 hits in 10 seconds. Not even a hit per second. Normal attack can land more hits than that. Now I do realize that my skill is only level 1, but it doesn't change the fact it is not strong enough to be a 5th job skill.

2. Small and immobile
The explosion has a large range, but the singularity is very small. (Screenshot at the bottom) Only like 6 or 7 characters can fit in it. Although the skill says it can draw nearby monsters, it turns out that 'nearby' meant 'within the skill's visual effect.' And of course this has no effect against bosses. Also, the singularity cannot move at all. So if the boss moves around then it becomes nothing more than a meaningless black hole.

3. Short duration, Long cooldown
Despite its many disadvantages, Gravity Crush has a relatively long cooldown of 120 seconds. For a 5th job attack skill, it is among the longest. Well, is it strong enough to deserve such cooldown? Definitely not. Also, the skill duration is way too short. While I need to inflict as much damage as possible to the enemy within the singularity, the skill only allows puny 10 seconds. I could join a party, but not many people want a class with low damage and no party buffs. And since the explosion damage is based on the damage inflicted by allies while the enemy is 'within the singularity' if the boss moves away then I cannot increase the damage any further.

4. Stun
Possibly the number one reason I am writing this thread. When the patch note was uploaded and I saw the skill info, I immediately knew that its damage was trash. But I still had this one hope - that it might be a bind skill. Stun, 10-sec duration and 120-sec cooldown are typical characteristics of a bind skill. (e.g. Smite Shield) With a faint hope I finished my job advancement, and...

I see THIS. When I first saw this I stared at my screen like an idiot. I mean, you serious? This kind of stun for a freaking 5TH JOB SKILL? This is something that you find in 1st or 2nd job skill! Not to mention that it is completely ineffective against bosses!

My main suggestion is to change the stun from status-type to bind-type. Gravity Crush is unbelievably weak and useless for a 5th job skill. It needs to be buffed as soon as possible.

Comments

• PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016
    They should make it work like Zarya's ult in overwatch. Sucks in mobs but add damage and an explosion at the end.