[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How Daily Farming treats you when RNG is involved.

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited January 2017 in Rants and Raves
http://i.imgur.com/6Afpgqw.png

Maybe I'll just buy a perfected Superior Gollux Ring.

Comments

• RyotaKisèRyotaKisè
    Reactions: 720
    edited January 2017
    RNJesus is still having his holiday break. Thats the only explanation
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Maple's RNG sucks.
    It has a tendency to generate similar results when used in quick succession.
    This is why you see people post screenshots like this one, or like a bunch of 50% epic pot scrolls or 80% pot stamps all failing one after the other.
    When your scrolls are failing, the worst thing to do is spam them. What you should do is take a break. Change channel. Go kill some mobs. Give the RNG a chance to get out of its rut. Then try again. I don't promise that the next one will work (especially when it comes to 10%'s), but at least it will have a fair chance.

On the other hand, when things are going well, try to take maximum advantage of your lucky streak. For example, yesterday I got from 1 A jewel to 4 S's in about 40 boxes. For a while there it looked like every fusion was succeeding.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2017
    @AKradian It's really a bummer that most of this game heavily involves RNG no matter what to try. Guess I'll have to be careful next time.

Well, I won't have that many CSS 10% for awhile. Takes awhile to gather that many.
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited January 2017
    I've failed 70-80 css at once before. There really is something fked about Maple's rng. When you're failing like 50 in a row, it's a very good idea to stop. Change channel or maps and try again after a break.