[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Suggestion] Q&A?

slickazzshooterslickazzshooter
Reactions: 500
edited February 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As too many of us may know, hackers are everywhere, and annoying, along with other game issues. As we speak, people can still register even though the record event was supposed to already have ended... Anyways, this isnt a rant thread, so I will get to the point. You should consider doing a Q&A dev blog or something to let us know what is actually restricting nexon from doing certain things from exploits/hacks to new events that we want but maybe cant have etc. Its better to hear why nexon cannot fix and prevent hacks, rather than hearing "we cant do that" basically. I think alot of legit players would like to hear more about the behind the scenes.

Comments

• YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    @Savageace and his huge team could do an AMA on reddit.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    They sort of did one on stream for the 5th job patch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/107526285

I doubt we're ever going to get any answers beyond "we have GMs patrolling 24/7" and "we're looking into it" and "it's not that easy" and the other answers they've been giving us all along. But who knows. The original "A Better Maple" actually gave some unexpected answers (and many that never materialized, but that's a different issue). Its greatest value, in my eyes, was in showing us that Nexon does know what the issues are that are bothering the players.

It would be nice to have something like that again. And I personally would prefer written form (either as an AMA or like the A Better Maple, where they took their time preparing answers). Streams are nice but not nearly as tidy, and impossible to search through afterwards.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    As nice as streams are purely for question sake it's not as convenient to read back on questions and answers. Therefore an AMA would make more sense or something similar. I don't mind the streams but it's not a good place to get questions answered mostly and they answer 10x the same one.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    Too many good questions get ignored due to too many questions being asked at a single time. They should put these forum moderators to good use and have them compile a list of the most important questions and have THEM ask Nexon the questions. That way, we know that our questions will not get ignored and if they choose to half-answer a question, then we'll also know they are full of it incompetent.

Do we really care how bad the answer is as long as they're honest at this point?
    slickazzshooter