[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Well, I'm gone.

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited February 2017 in General Chat
Considering I can't even maintain a 10 minute login session without getting booted from the game, it's no longer worth my time to buy nx if all I'm going to do is get disconnected every 10 minutes. I see all these "changes will be made to improve server stability" texts in the maintenance notes and yet it feels the stability is only getting worse. Clearly Nexon doesn't realize that there's people outside of the Nexon HQ in California that doesn't play the game 5 feet from the servers and/or playing on Alienware gaming computers otherwise there'd actually be visible improvement other than copy+pasting "Backend changes will be made to improve server stability." from last week's maintenance to the next.

This must be the only thing people at Nexon do, as it's sourced from their very own Career site.
b4_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    I've tried to help someone unable to log in. I've attempted to resolve it myself with the best of my abilities and failed.

Meanwhile in Scania the delays are strong enough to disconnect or make me fail Hungry Muto (Chu Chu) Party Quest regardless if I solo or have any number of party members.

Why would I purchase something from the Cash Shop if stability for the servers and client are unstable? Before people come blaming about my computer specs or internet being at fault I've happen to play several other online games and watched videos without fail using various groups of computers and internet connections.

I've been able to log into the game, but just about the other problems plaguing it makes it quite an unnecessary annoyance. Considering that it's the weekend now I wouldn't expect any resolution until the next weekdays.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2017
    Surprisingly...not living too close to HQ...I still manage to not DC, or lag in Event hall...and I don't have an OP computer like Alienware. (Cmon, Im trying to find a job here...I cant afford a fancy computer)
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    This is when Nexon needs us more than ever. They released the MVP system so we can spend more $ on NX + get rewards for it too. If we don't support Nexon, they may not have sufficient funds to improve the game like they said they would do
    JettLuvsU
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Surprisingly...not living too close to HQ...I still manage to not DC, or lag in Event hall...and I don't have an OP computer like Alienware. (Cmon, Im trying to find a job here...I cant afford a fancy computer)

i do get lag in the event hall, granted it's still playable -i have a stupidly strong pc 16 GB RaM Titan GPU ETC ETC- and i've been crashing quite a bit.

Did you throw your app into the general inquiry like i suggested?
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited February 2017
    While all players and members of this forum are valued, we don't particularly need anyone to declare that they are quitting. We totally acknowledge and know that connectivity issues are inconvenient, however "threatening" to quit because of them as a way to demand change isn't the right way to go about it. It seems like the purpose of this thread is a way to get x-number of players to agree to quit as a way to pressure Nexon to do something faster.

Also implying that staff is lazy is rude and unnecessary.

I really do hope that the connectivity issues you are having will be solved!

This discussion has been closed.