[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Report bad live chat GMs?

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited February 2017 in General Chat
I was wondering if there's somewhere we can report live chat GMs who don't listen to the customers talking with them and try offering irrelevant solutions? Like they're not properly doing their jobs and try to keep you in the live chat for as long as possible. Do they get paid more if the chats are longer or something?
JettLuvsUcarmenpop22

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Actually, from what I've seen, it looks like they get paid by how many customers they handle, which makes them try to blow you off as quickly as possible.
    Maybe you got one who was trying to be helpful, but due to not really knowing much, ended up copying knowledge base articles that were irrelevant.

Anyway, when a chat ends, you get to rate it and offer feedback. I don't know how often anyone reads this feedback, but it's the only way I know of to send any.

(Or you can go on reddit and post screenshots of your chat. Seems they enjoy deriding clueless GMs over there. And who knows, maybe one of the mythical Nexon staff who browse the subreddit will take note.)
    JettLuvsUcarmenpop22
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Actually, from what I've seen, it looks like they get paid by how many customers they handle, which makes them try to blow you off as quickly as possible.
    Maybe you got one who was trying to be helpful, but due to not really knowing much, ended up copying knowledge base articles that were irrelevant.

Anyway, when a chat ends, you get to rate it and offer feedback. I don't know how often anyone reads this feedback, but it's the only way I know of to send any.

(Or you can go on reddit and post screenshots of your chat. Seems they enjoy deriding clueless GMs over there. And who knows, maybe one of the mythical Nexon staff who browse the subreddit will take note.)

I feel bad for people who get the crappy GMs. Almost all of my live chats and tickets with GMs were pleasant, even though some of them like a doctor saying the victim is dead and they've tried everything. I can think of a few times when I got things done with a GM without drama.

I once had a C++ error and needed assistance. The chat responses was long because I was chatting on a working computer and troubleshooting another computer. The GM was patient and after doing instructions carefully, I was able to log on.

Another time, I had a ban appeal for my Demon Slayer mule account that was accused of "botting" during the "Demon Slayer Bot Era." Kerning Subway was infested with these bots until they purged they Demon Slayer bots. Unfortunately, my innocent mule got banned as well because I was racking up cubes kills too fast (Fatal Scythe Familiar and a Kanna with Kishin caused me to get banned. After explaining what I did exactly (Kanna + familiar = 200 kills in 30 seconds,) they apologized for their mistake.

GMs should be helpful as long you don't use foul language and can explain the situation clearly. This is a pretty good example.
    JettLuvsUcarmenpop22
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited March 2017
    I'm just glad they purged the GMs that kept telling me that if I keep reporting the vac-hackers that I'd be banned.
    JettLuvsUcarmenpop22