[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A better Maple: Filter chat for the text's writer

GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
Reactions: 2,645
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Please enable the player to see by himself/herself the result of his/her chatting text messages with the censored parts (a message to be shown with the *** instead of the characters which were censored). This will help the owner to put attention and rewrite the message so that it will be readable to the audience who receive and see the filtered result in cases some pieces were censored (like *** or he* ***re).
This was available like that in the original EMS. It is available in MapleSEA, too.
BooberpuppyXemn
  1. Do you want to see the result of your own filtered text with ***?24 votes
    1. Yes!! Please enable me to see the my own text result filtered, too!
       92% (22 votes)
    2. No, better like how it's now.
       4% (1 vote)
    3. I don't care.
       4% (1 vote)

Comments

• BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    Absolutely YES. There is no reason whatsoever that a person should not know when they are being censored, especially with a text system that is so absurdly oversensitive to detecting what it considers to be cuss words. If Nexon insists that our sentences are going to continue to be obliterated by asterisks (even in places they shouldn't be) we should at least be spared the inconvenience of not knowing about it unless informed by the recipient(s).
    JettLuvsUBellamazedGoldAdventurerIts2Sharp4U
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    It's impossible to know if Nexon took this in consideration.
    I believe players should reply and tell their opinion regarding this even more for this to be seen as high prioritiy to handle.
    It's user experience for those who chat with others quite often!
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    This is such an annoyance honestly. I also see no reason why the sender shouldn't be informed that their message has been censored.

Allowing us to see our own censored text would assist with correction without having to rely on the person you're chatting with telling you what/where your sentence was asterisked out.
    GoldAdventurer
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Please consider this requests to improve the filtering of chat so the community will better enjoy the game and will not be frustrated due to the current limitations...
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    the funniest thing is that it doesn't stop anyone from using adult language because guilds, character names, alliances, and megaphones are always full to the brim with swears and slurs and other mature-rated language and nexon doesn't give half a damn. The censor only appears to block speech and teach new words to people in the first place.