[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

BFF Friendship Ring Not Working

yeendevyeendev
Reactions: 1,450
edited March 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Visual

Brief bug summary: When you equip the BFF Friendship Ring and stand near another person who also has the ring, nothing happens.

More details: It should show the effect behind you when you are near someone with the BFF Friendship Ring as well.

Steps to reproduce: Buy a BFF Friendship Ring from the BFF Shop and and have another person buy it and stand next to each other.

Character name: Asgöre

Character level: 156

Character job: Ice/Lightning Arch Wizard

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 5:00 am CST
  1. Did this happen to you too?3 votes
    1. Yes
       67% (2 votes)
    2. No
       33% (1 vote)

Comments

• mintyphreshmintyphresh
    Reactions: 225
    edited March 2017
    You have to put the BFF ring in a slot that isn't being covered by a NX ring. For example if you have NX ring in the first slot, and your BFF ring is in the first slot, the NX ring will cancel the BFF ring. (Same thing goes for your partner)

The effect will only show if you and your BFF have been matched and placed as potential BFF's as well! Hope that helped!
    JettLuvsUyeendevMegaScience
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    I don't believe having each other as Potential BFFs is a requirement. When figuring out that NX rings hide the effect, I was able to use it with anyone whom also had the ring. Seems to work similarly to equipment such as the NX couple overalls, Hawaiian overalls, etc. Actually makes me curious about wearing various indirect-couple equipment at the same time...
    JettLuvsUyeendev