[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't complete quests due to bots

AlbinorockAlbinorock
Reactions: 2,205
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in General Chat
The dragon and tiger quest. Can't complete it becuz bots kill enemies too fast.
Can't do kerning tower becuz bots kill monsters too fast.
Banning wont help.
bring back hidden maps (idc if they go into them and its hard to track)
when you sign up make it so it asks for ur phone to confirm.
Once you get banned and try to sign up with the same phone number, it wont work.
just anything becuz this is not fun
or just close down Blaze Wiz creation for a while.
limevortex00

Comments

• azzacuraazzacura
    Reactions: 765
    edited June 2017
    I too had difficulty completing the Dragon and Tiger quest. I've noticed that BW hackers usually kill the monsters on the edge of the map slower/not at all, and it takes them at least 1 second to kill the monsters after they spawn. If you play a character that can jump around fast you should be able to finish the race with a bit of patience (waiting for mobs to spawn).

The phone number thing wont work because maplestory has a young playerbase and not all of them will have a phone, and they can't just use their parents phones because their siblings might also want to play.

I agree with the hidden maps, used to make things a lot more fun....
    limevortex00
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Report the bots and try to KS them.
    They tend to leave if you kill their mobs.
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I don't report botters anymore honestly. you get 10 reports...10. Why 10? I think you also have to pay mesos to report. WTF kind of system is this.
    I'm just losing the will to play because so many botters occupy maps and you can't do anything about it.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Albinorock wrote: »
    I don't report botters anymore honestly. you get 10 reports...10. Why 10? I think you also have to pay mesos to report. WTF kind of system is this.
    I'm just losing the will to play because so many botters occupy maps and you can't do anything about it.

The system is designed to balance reporting players with preventing abuse of the report system. That is to say, it's meant so that someone can't simply send infinite reports to clog the system.

If you find yourself running out of in-game reports or have found multiple maps you wish to report, you should file a ticket on the support page here. Include the map(s) and channel(s) you wish to report in the ticket body and attach an image to clarify what's happening. Make sure you're polite and informative; being rude isn't going to help either way.