[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Stuff for next ‘A Better Maple’

Comments

• thatplantthatplant
    Reactions: 765
    edited May 2017
    I agree with a lot of people that posted on this thread. So I don't really have to say much.

Side note : (this not necessary at all but it would be pretty dope to hopefully see this in the future)
    In Henesys I've noticed there's a bulletin / slide show board that says "Happy Mapling!" and "Watch your steps, losing experience is painful." It would be nice to put that to good use and maybe put a slide show of events that's happening in the present.

EX: If there's 2x going on a certain day, the slide show will say "2x will be on in _ days / hours / minutes / seconds" (this would be helpful for those who don't keep track of stuff that's going on and the timezone change would help others know when things like this will start).
    or If there's hot week going on (like this week) It'd be cool to see the items listed on the slide show.

This is just my little idea I had in mind because I've noticed I'd always have to check the website for any news like 2x and such. I know it's probably just for decoration but why not make the most out of it and incorporate that stuff in the game?
    JettLuvsUJushiroNetIts2Sharp4Ufoussiremixtracyhoodz
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited May 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    - Clean Slates or Innocence Scrolls should be allowed on Pet Gears
    - Princess No should have a coin shop
    - Change Princess No into once a day/week boss
    - NX weapon should have a choice of being held one handed or two handed style.
    - Bonus cube for Reward Shop
    - Bring back Fatigue Drinks
    - Remove Root Abyss and Sengoku gears from Philosopher books and Marvel
    - Reduce Price on Legendary Pack (not even Yu-Gi-Oh cards cost 7 bucks a pack)
    - Stack Owls, NX Scrolls

Gonna also add on - Neb diffusers that save nebs!

More add ons!

- Change All Untradable Chairs to Moveable within Account!

Another One.

Combine All the worlds excluding reboot to the original 4 (Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia)
    Give every character a chance to world transfer to the world of their choice by a certain time limit.
    If there are players who are on break, send them to a random world and give them non-expiring world transfer option.
    then close down the unused worlds and it brings us back to the original 4 worlds.

Of course everyone will try to transfer to scania so put on a good limitation of how many people can transfer to selective worlds.

Surely this would bring more active servers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boss Token Coin| Coin Shop - Give us 1 boss token coin (Multiple token coins for party mode)

Like Eboss - put meister cubes and other eboss drops for a good set price, encourages players to party together.
    ZeroBlux
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited May 2017
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/13499/override-cash-shop-boundaries

Turn cash shop transfer between all jobs permanent and not once a year event.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017
    Tried to make sure I didn't mention anything that's already been suggested, so here's this:
    • Remove Chaos Queen's undead status effect - With fire, it essentially locks you into a state where you are guaranteed to die
    • Change status resist back to % chance to ignore statuses - There are still statuses like Hilla's cage and Queen's fire that lowering duration does not affect at all. Aside from that, the original change didn't make status effects "more interesting" or anything. It just made them more annoying.
    • Add a separate tab for megaphones - No one cares about all that drama, and this would be good for organising trading through megaphones
    • Put everything that isn't chat (by this I mean actually people talking) in a separate tab - We don't need "You may not use this skill yet" and style box announcements in between conversations
    • Add a tab like the lightbulb for daily quests - It's atrocious how much quests you have to scroll through to get to daily quests like Kritias, Root Abyss keys and Vanishing Journey
      Or add a way to hide quests from the tab altogether
    • Make it so the same NPC chat window can't appear multiple times - Too often, I skip through these with NPC chat button and another window appears, making it annoying to go through the one I'm actually using
    • Change the timezone back to PST or to EST - There's no universal timezone, so it's most important to satisfy as much players as possible, and with the majority in America, there is absolutely no reason for the game's time to based 4-8 hours ahead in Europe
    • Add timestamps to chat and an in game clock
    • Condense all the different power elixirs into 1 ID
    • Make master and meister cubes craftable in Reboot - Yes, masters can be bought for mesos, but when reds and blacks are too, they're not worth buying. Making them craftable instead would put cube fragments and cubic blades to some actual use.
    • Stop Maple Guide and rewards points interface from being open on login
    • Add bonus potential to Reboot - Reboot already lacks scrolls and nebulites are far less accessible than normal servers. Progressing in Reboot is based mostly on potential, so this would make it much more possible to clear endgame content without changing the system too much.
    • Change the set list of items in the avatar stamp shop to the current rotation of items from style boxes - There would be at least some amount of certainty
    • Add a way to trade in souls for one with a desired effect - For example, trading 3 random souls for a potent one
    • Give Cygnus knights a Hero's Will - With the current status resist system, it's absolutely horrid dealing with status effects with these classes
    • Change at least 2 of Wind Archer's buffs to passives and Trifling Wind back into a passive - 8 buffs is horrible. 6 is the largest amount I can find bearable.
    • Increase the amount of items that can be put on pet ignore to at least 100 and make more items ignorable
    • Make all skill buffs 5 minutes base duration (except for the obvious things like Maple Warrior and echo) - Would be a greatly appreciated QoL change
    • Remove Magnus's DoT, make him not untargetable when using his knockback attack and make his green summon attack's hitbox not bigger than its visible size
    • Restore Kishin's rates to what they originally were
    • Make windows like nebulite fusion, extraction and item fusion not move the inventory window
    • Make nebulites more accessible in Reboot
    • Stop bosses from dropping recipes and add them by default to crafting
    • Make all of Ranmaru's recipes available in crafting by default and have him stop dropping them
    • Make att bonuses from arrows apply along with the soul arrow buff, so it isn't useless to craft arrows with more att on them
    • Make drop rate applicable to Gollux, Commerci voyages and Union trade
    • Add a daily quest that gives nodestones
    • Add a daily that gives Arcane River Droplet Stones
    • Stop people from holding max meso items in shops to make them unpurchasable
    • Add a way to turn off the intro videos before the login screen
    • For hot day rewards with single items, give the actual item instead of a box with the item in it - So you won't have to go to the website to help decide which character you want to take it on
    • Remove gender restrictions on anvils and NX covers - Several NX covers already lack a gender lock, despite being obviously of a certain gender. This would go along well with the removal of LGBT words from the word filter too.
    • Remove 1.5x EXP coupons from Sunday Monster Park boxes - 2x has essentially become a standard and is already common enough to overshadow any potential use 1.5x coupons could've had
    • Make cooldowns pass when not logged in - It would be great not to have to be logged in for 2 hours to wait for echo to be usable again
    • Revise the reporting system - People have their doubts as to if this actually works or if Nexon actually reads them, so I would suggest completely starting over by clearing all old and current reports and updating the system
    thatplant wrote: »
    EX: If there's 2x going on a certain day, the slide show will say "2x will be on in _ days / hours / minutes / seconds" (this would be helpful for those who don't keep track of stuff that's going on and the timezone change would help others know when things like this will start).
    or If there's hot week going on (like this week) It'd be cool to see the items listed on the slide show.

This is just my little idea I had in mind because I've noticed I'd always have to check the website for any news like 2x and such. I know it's probably just for decoration but why not make the most out of it and incorporate that stuff in the game?

This would be an amazing addition to the game. Getting tired of the incessent asking for 2x times when they never change and people can just check the website.
    Its2Sharp4UJulyPirateIzzyCaughtByLove
  • XelthineXelthine
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited May 2017
    This is just a small thing that has been bugging me for a while.

Evans have this dragon tatoo on their hand when not using any gloves.
    But when using a transparent glove, the tatoo is not visible.

I for one want to have this tatoo visible, but I'm sure there are other people whom doesn't want that, so I suggest adding an effect activation to the transparent gloves that when turned off will show the tatoo, and when turned on will work like it does at the moment.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    add an "owl button" while in the fm so we can search without having to pick up owls before.

Alternatively: add a shop in fm entrance that sells owls
    JettLuvsUIts2Sharp4URollsKlaraZeroBluxLamato
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited May 2017
    Rolls wrote: »
    [*] Stop people from holding max meso items in shops to make them unpurchasable
    If I understand it correctly, this is the only one I disagree with. Some maplers put items in their store to advertise or trade without the intention of selling.

• RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017
    Klara wrote: »
    If I understand it correctly, this is the only one I disagree with. Some maplers put items in their store to advertise or trade without the intention of selling.

Then instead, maybe implement a "display item" or "offer" option along with that. It's often to sell items for over cap or to get offers from people, so it would be better that there be a cleaner way to do that.
    JettLuvsUSlicedTime
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    If you receive a node that is not compatible with your class, it should automatically be disassembled.
    SlicedTime
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited May 2017
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »
    If you receive a node that is not compatible with your class, it should automatically be disassembled.

It sounds like a neat idea, but I would prefer to hold on to some shadower and Night Lord cores as a Dual Blade in case I do a job advancement.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

It sounds like a neat idea, but I would prefer to hold on to some shadower and Night Lord cores as a Dual Blade in case I do a job advancement.

Obviously that would be included in such a system to accommodate open advancement. F3
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    some scrolling improvements:

allow prots (or superior wards for tyrants) to work at any amount of starforce for scrolls that do not affect starforce. The limitation is clearly meant to stop starforce why does it have to stop primes as well?

allow badges and shoulders to be primed. Probably armour for shoulder and accessory for badge. We should have the option to prime these if we want.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    A better maple:

Remove link skill limit of 12. The links beyond 12 are not very strong and will simply be a nice boost to allow players to have them. It also promotes players trying out all classes.

A more consistent maple:

Make all links go to level 3 (excluding stacking links like resistance, etc)

Currently only some links have a level 3 version and I believe this is because they are thought to be too strong but if you allow us to get a level 3 on all of them it will help us get more damage toward being able to h lucid without adding flames/25*

What we'd get by having level 3 links (compared to lvl 2)

5% td
    2% critical damage
    5% all stat
    ??? However much you'd add to hayato

It's not exactly overpowered it would just be a nice boost and be more consistent.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

I hope you understand the Node Board is connected to all your characters, I'm sure there's a reason why It even shows other class Node skills, so i don't feel like Dis-assembling them would be any good, it would be great if u could turn it off and on as an option :D
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    HoneyWater wrote: »

I hope you understand the Node Board is connected to all your characters, I'm sure there's a reason why It even shows other class Node skills, so i don't feel like Dis-assembling them would be any good, it would be great if u could turn it off and on as an option :D

What? Where did you get that idea?
    I have two 5th job characters on the same account, and they each have a completely separate "node board".
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    HoneyWater wrote: »

What? Where did you get that idea?
    I have two 5th job characters on the same account, and they each have a completely separate "node board".

Wait, what do you mean by "Node Board"? I thought nodes are fully untradeable, which is what made me put this suggestion, but they are actually shared across all your characters in the same world?

Also,
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

Obviously that would be included in such a system to accommodate open advancement. F3

Gosh darn it, I always forget about Open Advancement. Why is it even called "Open Advancement" anyway? Is "Reclass" just too generic of a name?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Wait, what do you mean by "Node Board"? I thought nodes are fully untradeable, which is what made me put this suggestion, but they are actually shared across all your characters in the same world?
    The "Node Board" is where all the passives and active nodes go to after you open a nodestone, or craft a node. That is completely separate per character. They are NOT tradeable either, they can only be upgraded or disassembled. Disassembling nodes will produce a certain amount of node shards that are bounded per character and NOT tradeable either.

Nodestones dropped by monsters are only tradeable within account. That means you have no idea what node they are before opening it.

Nodestones crafted through node shards are fully tradeable. Again, that means you have no idea what node they are before opening it.

• OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    The "Node Board" is where all the passives and active nodes go to after you open a nodestone, or craft a node. That is completely separate per character. They are NOT tradeable either, they can only be upgraded or disassembled. Disassembling nodes will produce a certain amount of node shards that are bounded per character and NOT tradeable either.

Nodestones dropped by monsters are only tradeable within account. That means you have no idea what node they are before opening it.

Nodestones crafted through node shards are fully tradeable. Again, that means you have no idea what node they are before opening it.

Okay, so I was right that Nodes are fully untradeable, which means what HoneyWater said was WRONG, and AKradian saying "Where did you get that idea?" must have been to HoneyWater and not me. Which means my suggestion is still fully valid, but a tweak to my suggestion would have to be made due to Open Advancement. This adjustment would say: "If your class is eligible for Open Advancement, Nodes for classes you are able to change into will NOT be auto-disassembled."
    JettLuvsU
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited June 2017
    Trait boost Items - Increase the stacks to 3000 each.

Just from experiencing this wondroid event I wish they would stack to 3000....
    Lair
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    nodestone interface suggestion:

On the crafting page an option to show "available for me"

It would show only nodes usable by your current job.
    JettLuvsULairSlicedTime