[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ideas/ Suggestion for future update and new char

Roni777Roni777
Reactions: 1,180
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I heard about maple system that is not possible to go over lv 250 because of coding or integer stuff. And also because the numbers of exp have reached billions of numbers. But I have been thinking a very great system that might work. Here is my suggestion.
1. Basically maple now have a lot of class. So there will be a new very strong class that will be unlocked once someone has certain combination chars to level 250. Example Demon slayer lv 250 and Demon avenger lv 250 will unlock new demon class. Or all level 250 cygnus will unlock 1 new super strong Cygnus class. The new class will start from level 1 but have a very strong skills.
2. Introducing new exp term for levelling up. So after any class reach level 250, they can create the same class but start from level 1 with different skills but a stronger one (from here I will named this stronger class as “Awaken class”). It has a stronger skills and stronger stats. This awaken class will not using “Experience” term anymore to level up, but a different one. You can change the name to “Awaken orb”, “Experience force”, or “Experience orb”, or any name you want. It basically serve the same purpose as the current experience we use to level up, but it is different. Lets say we named it “ Awaken orb”, all of the old map monsters will not give any awaken orb. Maple will release new maps that all the monsters will give Awaken orb. All of the old maps, will only give the normal “experience”, but not giving Awaken orb. So the new awaken class class will not be able to level up from the old maps. They have to grind on the new map that will give them awaken orb to level up. You can start the numbers like 100 awaken orb to level up from level 1 to level 2. Similar to how the old experience work, but with different name and it is not clashing with the old term "experience" we use to level up the old class. Awaken class can still go to old map to kill the monsters in the old map. Pick up mesos or item drops. Killing bosses and stuff. But they can’t level up there coz the old map doesn’t give awaken orb because that is what needed to level up awaken class. Or if you want a combination, you can make the monsters and bosses in old map also give both experience and Awaken orb. So awaken class can also get Awaken orb from there, but the “experience” will do nothing to them. Though the old maps shouldn’t give too much awaken orb so that players will be encouraged to grind more on new maps, thus they can still grind on old maps if you want. In the future you can also implant a very strong bosses on the old maps which are not possible to defeat with old normal class, but have to gather a lot of awaken class to defeat it. So if player want to defeat it, they will start over playing a new awaken class and get it strong enough to defeat the new strong bosses. In short this will reduce the amount of numbers piling up on experience thus make the system more simple.
3. This system can also be made to the mesos. You can introduce new currency on the new maps which can be used on the new maps to buy items or even equips in there. The equips in there is stronger than the regular equips.
If this system can be implemented Maplestory will surely become more interesting. Wish GM all the best.

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Roni777 wrote: »
    I heard about maple system that is not possible to go over lv 250 because of coding or integer stuff. And also because the numbers of exp have reached billions of numbers. But I have been thinking a very great system that might work. Here is my suggestion.

1. Basically maple now have a lot of class. So there will be a new very strong class that will be unlocked once someone has certain combination chars to level 250. Example Demon slayer lv 250 and Demon avenger lv 250 will unlock new demon class. Or all level 250 cygnus will unlock 1 new super strong Cygnus class. The new class will start from level 1 but have a very strong skills.

2. Introducing new exp term for levelling up. So after any class reach level 250, they can create the same class but start from level 1 with different skills but a stronger one (from here I will named this stronger class as “Awaken class”). It has a stronger skills and stronger stats.

This awaken class will not using “Experience” term anymore to level up, but a different one. You can change the name to “Awaken orb”, “Experience force”, or “Experience orb”, or any name you want. It basically serve the same purpose as the current experience we use to level up, but it is different. Lets say we named it “ Awaken orb”, all of the old map monsters will not give any awaken orb.

Maple will release new maps that all the monsters will give Awaken orb. All of the old maps, will only give the normal “experience”, but not giving Awaken orb. So the new awaken class class will not be able to level up from the old maps. They have to grind on the new map that will give them awaken orb to level up. You can start the numbers like 100 awaken orb to level up from level 1 to level 2. Similar to how the old experience work, but with different name and it is not clashing with the old term "experience" we use to level up the old class.

Awaken class can still go to old map to kill the monsters in the old map. Pick up mesos or item drops. Killing bosses and stuff. But they can’t level up there coz the old map doesn’t give awaken orb because that is what needed to level up awaken class. Or if you want a combination, you can make the monsters and bosses in old map also give both experience and Awaken orb.

So awaken class can also get Awaken orb from there, but the “experience” will do nothing to them. Though the old maps shouldn’t give too much awaken orb so that players will be encouraged to grind more on new maps, thus they can still grind on old maps if you want. In the future you can also implant a very strong bosses on the old maps which are not possible to defeat with old normal class, but have to gather a lot of awaken class to defeat it. So if player want to defeat it, they will start over playing a new awaken class and get it strong enough to defeat the new strong bosses. In short this will reduce the amount of numbers piling up on experience thus make the system more simple.

3. This system can also be made to the mesos. You can introduce new currency on the new maps which can be used on the new maps to buy items or even equips in there. The equips in there is stronger than the regular equips.

If this system can be implemented Maplestory will surely become more interesting. Wish GM all the best.

Organization would be a lot nicer so people can actually read chunks instead a giant wall of text. There's a more readable quote in my spoiler, use this as reference.

1. First off. I do not think a rebirth type of class will benefit the current game. Most people cannot even reach Level 250, that comes even before a combination of Level 250 characters. A strong character with a level requirement before you can make it such as Ultimate Adventurer has retired and Zero who has been nerfed significantly.

In terms of integers, the maximum signed value that was well known in the past for max mesos was 2,147,483,647 (two billion, one hundred and forty-seven million, four hundred and eighty-three thousand, six hundred and forty-seven).

However, the EXP required from Level 200 to 201 is around 2.2 billion, and the EXP required from Level 249 to 250 is around 650 billion.

I can safely say that we're probably using a data type that can store more numbers. It is most likely a signed long integer that can store 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 (nine quintillion two hundred twenty-three quadrillion three hundred seventy-two trillion thirty-six billion eight hundred fifty-four million seven hundred seventy-five thousand eight hundred seven). It's a mouthful, I know.

We're more likely to get higher level end-game content as seen with the recent expansion of Arcane River. That makes the entire rebirth system flawed as the level cap will continue to increase. That doesn't even get into how overpowered a rebirth character can actually be.

2. The "Awaken class" sounds a lot like the current Symbols that we have in Arcane River, except that we don't need to restart at Level 1. Again, there's not that much benefit of any type of "rebirth" system. Adding in with the previous said above I don't think I need to mention more.

3. Unnecessary. Making a whole new currency for the "Awaken class" will just cause a whole lot of confusion. We've got many bosses with all sorts of exchange systems, that's for sure. But I don't think we should introduce a new currency, it's just unnecessary.

I honestly believe there was a lack of thought in-towards making this suggestion. It seems a lot like you're trying to implement a Private Server's rebirth system and currency system into the official live game without knowing what we already have. In-fact I see no reason why we need it.

Notice-to-moderators: If I read the rules correctly, I am allowed to mention the existence of private servers and possible functions. However, mentioning names are not permitted on the forums.
    MageOfBattles
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    TL;DR; of Its2Sharp4U's post: OP's assumption about the reason for the level 250 cap is wrong, and therefore the entire system they design to get around this cap is not needed.

I agree, and would like to elaborate a bit:
    Originally, EXP was stored in 32-bit integers. The EXP requirement from 199 to 200 was near 2b, so raising the level cap was indeed not possible because the EXP required would overflow.
    However, Nexon has since changed to using 64-bit integers for EXP, and raised the cap to 250, because leveling to 200 became far too easy and increasing numbers of people were getting bored with the game after reaching it. As Its2Sharp4U pointed out, 250 (and the 650b EXP needed to reach it) is by no means a "hard cap" of what 64-bit integers can store. I'm sure that if 250 becomes as trivial to reach as 200 was a few years ago, the level cap could simply be raised again.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    @sharp4u.

Your reply simply saying "no" without further suggestions or try to elaborate to give more ideas to Nexon to improve the game. And yeah, I am not going to spend my whole days just try to spend hours and hours giving in-depth of ideas until it covers all aspect and details. It is not my job, It is the developers jobs. It is Developers responsibility. I'm just giving the basic ideas. That is my main point. But if anyone would like to add more in-depth ideas or suggestions, i always welcome them. And regarding if this is applicable or not, lets leave it for nexon to decide.

1. For your 1st answer, try to think into giving more ideas to Nexon, instad of saying "no". Regarding the level 250 to reach before we can make the new char, it is just the basic idea. Nexon Doesn't have to follow all of my ideas exactly what I suggest. If it is too much to reach level 250, they can slightly reduce it to level 230 or even level 200. Though i think level 200 is way too low. The level 250 requirement is not the main point. (This is also one of the reason why i said you simply saying "no" without thinking further ideas or suggestion)

2. Regarding the amount of exp required, i gave this suggestion because i read on some forum that Maple cannot increase the level cap more than level 250 with some of their opinion regarding integer and stuff. Though, i am not very knowledgeable regarding computerisation or i do not know how the maplestory system works.

So i can't give you any information regarding it. But if it is true, this suggestion can be applied. I am not Nexon, and i don't know how their system works. But my logic, seeing that maple reduce the level requirement for job advance (like 4th job from lv 120-100), made me think that it might be true. For me, there is no real reason for maple to bother to reduce the level changes for Job advance. Even if they intend to make it easier for players to reach the certain job advance example to 4th job, There are a lot of ways to do it. They can easily just reduce the exp needed or increase overall exp for all monsters.

Or there are still a lot of other ways they can think of for them to do that. Instead of reducing the level requirement which will surely have more implication to do so. So my logic tells me, that because of various reasons, they can't or try to avoid increasing the level cap. And one of the reason "might" be the one i state above. Who knows, I'm not Nexon.

Also another reason, the bigger the numbers, the more it will eats up data/bandwidth and make it more lag for players? Like how i use pet to pick up a huge amount of mesos on the floor with pets. If i just pick like 10-20 bags on the floor, I am alright. But if i have to pick like 50 bags on the floor at once, it lags me out considerably. If we count it only on 1 player, it doesn't seem much. But to count it on the whole players in the server, probably it will make a heavy data flow to maple server? probably Yes, Probably no. on my common logic, calculation of 100 is way less burden than calculation of billions of exp.

3. Regarding too many exchange systems doesn't make that my suggestion is not applicable or won't help improve maplestory. This also another reason reason why i think you simply saying "no" , without giving any further ideas or without in-depth of thinking or suggestions. If the current exchange system is too complicated, then we can have further solutions into it.

The complicated current system is another further suggestions for Nexon. nexon need to make it more simple because there are possibly too many of "unneeded/unnecesarry" currency. I said it is unneeded because like Hilla coins, Crusader coins or any other similar coins, some of these coins are not that important. They provide low level equips which people mostly just throw them away in a few days worth of grinding. Like people can just level up to level 140 in a week or 2 and throw away all those low level equips. I even can level up to level 140 in 1 day if i really want to. 2 days at max. And after i reach level 140, i can just get Utgard weapon drops. There are a lot of unnecesary coins that most people doesn't really going for them. maybe only 1% or less of the players does actually collect them. It is just a waste. And make the system more complicated. Who actually collect hilla coins nowadays?Who actually collect crusader coins (unless for the meso bag). If you take out that meso bag out of crusader shop, i believe noone even bothers with it. You can just put the mesos bag into Hard magnus shop or Kritias Shop.

This new currency ideas, the main point is to simplified the currency amount of numbers. Instead of having 19,876,584.245 mesos, after player reach certain levels, mesos will have less effect. Players will start accumulating the new currency which will start from low numbers. The new monsters will drop the new currency on low numbers such as maybe 5 new currency per monster. As we know, now mesos have reached the numbers of billions. some people i believe even might have more than 10 billions in the account or even 100 billions mesos.

4. This ideas possibly will not be usefull if the maple system doesn't have any trouble at all calculating all those huge numbers happening every second on the server. But well, for Developers, you can take any of the ideas above. Don't have to take it 100% exact, i don't mind at all even if it is just 1% or giving you basic ideas on making a great update in the future.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I'm actually all for some sort of Rebirth system, I would rather content be filled in up to 250 rather then continuing to raise the level cap. The advantage of Rebirth is it allows more people to access the content, which is a factor when devoting considerable dev time to something.

That said, I wouldn't want special classes or anything from Rebirth. All I would want is a reset of the level/AP/SP of the character, which doesn't transfer any skills or anything like that. I would also like a Beginner skill that increases by 1 level each time someone Rebirths which provides some fixed STAT/ATT/Whatever bonus.
    on my common logic, calculation of 100 is way less burden than calculation of billions of exp.

Not for a computer (provided it's less then a 64-bit Int obviously). I'm not sure you quite understand how computers do math.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited June 2017
    @sharp4u.

Your Analysis basically is just trying to simply say "no", without any further ideas.

- For your 1st answer, regarding the level 250 to reach before we can make the new char, it is just the basic idea. Nexon Doesn't have to follow all of my ideas exactly what I suggest. If it is too much to reach level 250, they can slightly reduce it to level 230 or even level 200. Though i think level 200 is way too low. The level 250 requirement is not the main point.

Just because an idea may be unique or have some merit that it "could", "may", "possibly" work doesn't mean it should be implemented. Even though you may seem it's necessary to have such a system, I believe in quite the opposite.

In my opinion, I haven't come up with an idea that can help make it work because I'm not interested in such a complicated idea that could've been made much simple.
    - Regarding the amount of exp required, i gave this suggestion because i read on some forum that Maple cannot increase the level cap more than level 250 with some of their opinion regarding integer and stuff. Though, i am not very knowledgeable regarding computerisation or i do not know how the maplestory system works. So i can't give you any information regarding it. But if it is true, this suggestion can be applied. I am not Nexon, and i don't know how their system works. But my logic, seeing that maple reduce the level requirement for job advance (like 4th job from lv 120-100), made me think that it might be true. For me, there is no real reason for maple to bother to reduce the level changes for Job advance. Even if they intend to make it easier for players to reach the certain job advance example to 4th job, There are a lot of ways to do it. They can easily just reduce the exp needed or increase overall exp for all monsters. Or there are still a lot of other ways they can think of for them to do that. Instead of reducing the level requirement which will surely have more implication to do so. So my logic tells me, that because of various reasons, they try can't or try to avoid increasing the level cap. And one of the reason "might" be the one i state above. Who knows, I'm not Nexon. Also another reason, the bigger the numbers, the more it will eats up data/bandwidth and make it more lag for players? Like how i use pet to pick up a huge amount of mesos on the floor with pets. If i just pick like 10-20 bags on the floor, I am alright. But if i have to pick like 50 bags on the floor at once, it lags me out considerably. If we count it only on 1 player, it doesn't seem much. But to count it on the whole players in the server, probably it will make a heavy data flow to maple server? probably Yes, Probably no. on my common logic, calculation of 100 is way less burden than calculation of billions of exp.

We all do not have 100% information about the very systems of MapleStory unless we data-mine files (which is against the rules), but even then it could be server sided and remains untrue for the client information within the files.

That doesn't mean we aren't knowledgeable to figure out at least a ground basis why things can, or can't work. You made a pretty huge suggestion in regards to a system very similar to "rebirth" in many other games but you've failed to do your research in many key areas where it has been proven wrong. Therefore the only conclusion that I can come up with is that this suggestion isn't worth to support due to that and the massive amount of resource and time to implement something I've deemed unnecessary.

You're right that they could have done many ways to make 3rd and 4th Job easier. But they chose both, they reduced the EXP curve (about 3 times now I may be wrong), and they reduced the level requirement. Even though they may have done that, doesn't mean the hard cap of values remains the same where I have proven you wrong.

In terms of data flow in terms of loot lag that's a common issue most likely on the client's response, not the server's response. The only heavy data flow is most likely a flaw within the client that uses too much memory or possibly a memory leak. If you replace the end-game content with lower level content the loot lag will still exist, I can guarantee it.

In terms of EXP calculations about how massive it is, do you know what else is massive? Damage numbers and boss health. The game is doing fine with calculation or else it would've been much more noticeable. You also forgot to factor that technology is advancing so numbers like this are being lesser and lesser of a burden.

I could go on about this, but I don't need to or want to. You may have common knowledge in whatever area you feel is satisfactory, on par, or however you measure it. The fact that you lack knowledge in areas that you are suggesting is the reason why it simply won't work. You're being ignorant if you're planning to continue to pursue a dead end. Without taking feedback seriously and doing your research there's no shred of hope for this suggestion to pass until the necessary steps are taken in order to shape not something only you would agree, but the rest of the community.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    @Daxi. Yes I am not even a bit have a common knowledge about computerisation. My best skill on computer is using Microsoft word and Excel to do my document. I know some bit of knowledge of how to combine some photos and videos using software. But more than that, i have no knowledge whatsoever. I said about "integer" stuff above, coz i read what other said in forum. I don't even know what integer is. Not pretty sure what is 64 bit is. But yeah, i just try to help giving more ideas and ideas. I'll let the professionals who works within Nexon to decide haha.

@Sharp4u. What i always wondering is why such a simple 2D games like maplestory lag a lot. I don't even think that maplestory even has million players online at the same time. To change channel, i need to click several times before i can change. To drop items , i need to click it outside of the inventory box several times before it realy drops. Who knows if it is because the huge data flow into nexon server create that troubles. But i don't even have 1% confident if i am right. I simply don't know. This never happened to me on another mmorpg i have played before. I have played so many mmorpg, but never find mmorpg have a very long bug like this over such a long time. I can say more than 6 months this problem still exist. Even i don't find this kind of problem on playing MMORPG games on my phone, even on a game that is created by new game developer. To me, there is something "big" problem and i don't know what or where. Maybe, just maybe because there is too much data overflow into server that most of the time it lags out for players. Only Nexon knows the answer.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited June 2017
    @Roni777 @Daxi

Do either of you actually have a level 250 character?

This suggestion is not what maple needs right now. The entire idea is unnecessary. If there was a new op class that came of getting to 250, the bosses would have to be different, stronger, more hp, which starts to ask the question of why? Why should Nexon essentially create a second Maplestory for these "awakened" characters? We already have 5th job, with more skills soon to come. This would take far too much time, too much work, for something that doesn't really have any pay off.

This would require such a rehaul of maps, bosses, a system to accommodate this "exp orb" business.

But the biggest question: Why would Nexon make all this content for such a small percentage of people that get several characters to 250? Just getting one character to 250 takes months, if not a year or two. Getting to 225 is already a chore of itself.

P.S: Question Daxi? Did you mean that the Rebirth system would allow for 250 content to be filled via incentive for people to train to 250? Because if not the system requires multiple level 250 characters.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited June 2017
    @Sharp4u. What i always wondering is why such a simple 2D games like maplestory lag a lot. I don't even think that maplestory even has million players online at the same time. To change channel, i need to click several times before i can change. To drop items , i need to click it outside of the inventory box several times before it realy drops. Who knows if it is because the huge data flow into nexon server create that troubles. But i don't even have 1% confident if i am right. I simply don't know. This never happened to me on another mmorpg i have played before. I have played so many mmorpg, but never find mmorpg have a very long bug like this over such a long time. I can say more than 6 months this problem still exist. Even i don't find this kind of problem on playing MMORPG games on my phone, even on a game that is created by new game developer. To me, there is something "big" problem and i don't know what or where. Maybe, just maybe because there is too much data overflow into server that most of the time it lags out for players. Only Nexon knows the answer.

All those are bugs. Changing Channels shouldn't take multiple tries. Same with dropping items. MapleStory is over 12 years old in the Global region. I do agree with much of what you're saying.

This MMORPG shouldn't be suffering this type of fate. I've been fighting that by posting many detailed bug reports as I could but you're right that Nexon needs to explore more options not only to resolve these problems, but prevent them from happening in the first place.

I will agree with you fully to this extent.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    @Roni777 @Daxi

This suggestion is not what maple needs right now. The entire idea is unnecessary. If there was a new op class that came of getting to 250, the bosses would have to be different, stronger, more hp, which starts to ask the question of why? Why should Nexon essentially create a second Maplestory for these "awakened" characters? We already have 5th job, with more skills soon to come. This would take far too much time, too much work, for something that doesn't really have any pay off.

This would require such a rehaul of maps, bosses, a system to accommodate this "exp orb" business.

But the biggest question: Why would Nexon make all this content for such a small percentage of people that get several characters to 250? Just getting one character to 250 takes months, if not a year or two. Getting to 225 is already a chore of itself.

P.S: Question Daxi? Did you mean that the Rebirth system would allow for 250 content to be filled via incentive for people to train to 250? Because if not the system requires multiple level 250 characters.

Daxi is 250. Seen him/her in ranks. 250 Luminous it appears.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    Suggestion for future is update servers ( entire GMS servers) somewhere in a room there is a collection of outdated equipment that needs to be replaced
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    @Mageofbattles
    I like your question. "But the biggest question: Why would Nexon make all this content for such a small percentage of people that get several characters to 250? Just getting one character to 250 takes months, if not a year or two. Getting to 225 is already a chore of itself."

This was actually what i want to suggest to maple a long time ago but i forgot to do so. I'm not going to discuss about it in detail on this post. but on another post if there is a chance. but in short new players will turns into old players. Old players will quit if they have reached end game content. If the early game content is already rich, maple just need a bit if changes on early game content. And focus on making more end game content. Otherwise they will lose players. No need to bother with new players, coz they have a lot keeping them up busy with. New players will soon become old. And old players will quit. The target is how they keep the old players keep playing for a long time and generate them revenue. If they manage to do that, they will have a long term customer which will give them fix revenue.
    They should makea separate company strategy, how to keep players play for more than 6 months? How to keep players still playing after 1 year?how to keep players still playing after 3 -5 years time? How to keep players still playing after 10 years+ time?
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    on my common logic, calculation of 100 is way less burden than calculation of billions of exp.

Not for a computer (provided it's less then a 64-bit Int obviously). I'm not sure you quite understand how computers
    @Roni777 @Daxi

Of course, lol.

To be clear, I'm also against OPs suggestion. You seem to be lumping me into the reply.

There's an issue that if Nexon raises the level cap, as people seem to think that they will then they need to make content to fill in the levels. The problem with that is that then they have to make the leveling faster, so more people can get there and experience the content. It's a never ending cycle and devaluing old content.

What I'm suggesting is never raising the level cap and instead allowing people to reset their level at 250 (if they want to). Resetting wouldn't give any unique skills/classes/animations/anything else that requires excessive dev time. All resetting would do is increase a beginner passive skill by 1 level, which gives some STAT/ATT/something else (intentionally being non-specific because arguing about the balance of hypothetical stat increases is pointless).

When the next two regions after Arcana are released, I would rather the 'squish' the current regions and re-balance the levels/xp of them so all 6 take you to 250. Moving forward content would fill in existing levels and more people would be able to experience the content. Instead of Nexon making content for level 250+ which either a small amount of people will be able to experience or will be so easy to hit that sub 250 content is even more trivialized.

What I'm suggesting is something that takes minimal dev time, specifically because it's something that only a small percentage of people will make use of. I don't want any unique animations/skills/classes for those of us 250+.

Contrary to your claim, 250 is easier then ever. I want to be able to keep getting xp and I can't.