[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Add Bonus potential pots and cubes to Reboot

BombadBombad
Reactions: 100
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Since reboot doesn't have any scrolling , in order for us to have enough damage to do the harder bosses to come like Lucid, we need bonus potential cubes and scrolls.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Reboot has the Reboot beginner skill that gives 1% damage for every 2 levels, to compensate for the lack of scrolling and bonus potential.

It's more logical to make this skill continue past level 200, and perhaps even become stronger at that point (1% every level, instead of every 2, for example) than to add back these mechanisms that were intentionally removed.

How is KMS Reboot coping with these bosses?
  • AzzatoAzzato
    Reactions: 540
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

How is KMS Reboot coping with these bosses?
    They bring more than 1 person to the fight
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Well KMS does have additional options,more stars on gear.. KMS Reboot is much easier + all the 5th job stuff. GMS Reboot really needs more stars on gear and additional options. Sure the other GMS servers need it also with the damage cap going bye but I feel Reboot needs it more.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited October 2016
    Just don't forget that extra Damage every 2 levels is %total damage and not Final Damage. That means all this %damage is additive with %boss as well as link skills, hyper stats and potential. Even set effects. So, the % boss you receive in Reboot won't increase overall DPS by much compared to normal server. So, what you see in Dojo board there in Reboot, the first people are pretty much hackers UNLESS bosses HP in Dojo are scaled with Reboot funding or just no damage reduction. I can't tell because I don't play in reboot much, only got a Fighter at Lv45.
    So, just hope Nexon will change your %damage for Final Damage, but still not enough to do equal damage with normal server (of course or everyone would just play reboot ...).
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Honestly 100% total damage is still a lot of total damage that is handed out for free.

But back on topic, yes bonus cubes should be a permanent addition to the rewards shop for all servers
    Its2Sharp4U
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    I'm saying no...:T
    Occire
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

Honestly 100% total damage is still a lot of total damage that is handed out for free.

But back on topic, yes bonus cubes should be a permanent addition to the rewards shop for all servers
    Reboot doesn't have Bonus Potential at all, so there's no point in Bonus Cubes in its Reward Shop.
    Yonax
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

gamechanger

Reboot doesn't have Bonus Potential at all, so there's no point in Bonus Cubes in its Reward Shop.
    You're right, but I would prefer that the reward shop remain consistent across worlds. I don't have a good reason for wanting that other than I would like it though
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

AKradian
    AKradian said:

gamechanger

You're right, but I would prefer that the reward shop remain consistent across worlds. I don't have a good reason for wanting that other than I would like it though
    It's already not consistent. The Reboot Rewards Shop has nothing but red cubes, black cubes, and monster park entry tickets.
    No cash scrolls (since there's no scrolling in Reboot), no inventory expansions (because they can be bought for meso), and no Water of Life (because it's Reboot's subscription fee).
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    +1 to bonus cubes and bonus potential to Reboot. Reboot is pretty much bot for hours and Chinese rice farm billions so you can cube. Just give these Reb00t peasants what they want.