[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Closing Star Planet

Comments

• ScoopScoop
    Reactions: 310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

xparasite9

Second, with the Strange Stories update this week we are planning to close down Star Planet. While we were initially excited about the introduction of Star Planet as an additional way for players to play mini-games with each other, the participation was not as high as we had hoped. When looking at the daily number of players who accessed Star Planet, we only saw less than 1\% enter Star Planet from all worlds. We also know many of you expressed concern about losing an avenue to obtain reward points, so we looked into those concerns as well. We found that out of all the Maple Reward point rewards, less than 5\% of them were obtained in Star Planet. This told us that players weren’t really accessing Star Planet as much as we hoped and that players were finding Maple Reward points from other sources much more efficient to obtain. We understand that closing Star Planet will eliminate an additional source of Maple Reward points, so we plan to increase the amount of Reward points awarded during events in the future.
    sounds like a load of crap. Has anyone ever had any trouble finding a match in One Card? I was always able to do my 10 games per day.
    Of course you were. But 9 matches out of 10 were against bots.

As for where you'll get your RP: bosses and monster collection.
    And they say they'll give more of them out during events (like the recent hot weeks that gave 1000 RP tokens, I assume).

None of those options will fill the whole left by Star Planet. Unless they have regular events that allow you to get 30k RP in 20 days, players like me will just be screwed.

And I'll have a hard time believing bots are a major concern for Nexon given the fact that any map with a decent spawn rate has fire balls flying all across the screen.
    JettLuvsU
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    Scoop
    Scoop said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

xparasite9

Second, with the Strange Stories update this week we are planning to close down Star Planet. While we were initially excited about the introduction of Star Planet as an additional way for players to play mini-games with each other, the participation was not as high as we had hoped. When looking at the daily number of players who accessed Star Planet, we only saw less than 1\% enter Star Planet from all worlds. We also know many of you expressed concern about losing an avenue to obtain reward points, so we looked into those concerns as well. We found that out of all the Maple Reward point rewards, less than 5\% of them were obtained in Star Planet. This told us that players weren’t really accessing Star Planet as much as we hoped and that players were finding Maple Reward points from other sources much more efficient to obtain. We understand that closing Star Planet will eliminate an additional source of Maple Reward points, so we plan to increase the amount of Reward points awarded during events in the future.
    sounds like a load of crap. Has anyone ever had any trouble finding a match in One Card? I was always able to do my 10 games per day.

And they say they'll give more of them out during events (like the recent hot weeks that gave 1000 RP tokens, I assume).
    None of those options will fill the whole left by Star Planet. Unless they have regular events that allow you to get 30k RP in 20 days, players like me will just be screwed.

And I'll have a hard time believing bots are a major concern for Nexon given the fact that any map with a decent spawn rate has fire balls flying all across the screen. this^ lol.

• ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited October 2016
    I rarely use Star Planet tbh, I get my RPs from bossing. I guess it will be missed as I did participate in some events surrounding SP previously (like that Halloween one with the costumes and bones damage skin).
    Taehyung
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

xparasite9

How the hell am I supposed to get my rewards points now wth
    They're working on it:
    Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update

We understand that closing Star Planet will eliminate an additional source of Maple Reward points, so we plan to increase the amount of Reward points awarded during events in the future.
    Events events I think everyone is bored of events they are always happening and to many happen at the same time. Most of which are repeat events. They should increase RP from non event methods instead. Maybe make them drop from elite mobs/bosses like in KMS, Make them more frequent in sudden missions ect. Most of the time lately all I get from sudden missions is spell traces.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

xparasite9

Monster collection is scraps compared to Star Planet method, especially considering there's a wait time for what amounts to pennies. And RP expires. By the time the next event giving significant amount of RP rolls around, it'd have been 2-3 months and all your previous RP would've expired already, meaning if you want something, you'll have to spend significantly more amount of time to collect enough scraps of RP from bosses or waiting around within a certain time limit.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    chaoscauser

Its2Sharp4U

xparasite9

How the hell am I supposed to get my rewards points now wth
    They're working on it:
    Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update

We understand that closing Star Planet will eliminate an additional source of Maple Reward points, so we plan to increase the amount of Reward points awarded during events in the future.
    Events events I think everyone is bored of events they are always happening and to many happen at the same time. Most of which are repeat events. They should increase RP from non event methods instead. Maybe make them drop from elite mobs/bosses like in KMS, Make them more frequent in sudden missions ect. Most of the time lately all I get from sudden missions is spell traces.

I don't like RP from events because the timing is fixed.
    RP expire, so I want to be able to get them when I know what I want them for, rather than when Nexon decides to hand them out and I have to scramble at the end of the month to find some use for them.

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    i didn't care much for star planet, it was a good concept executed poorly, too much was released in it at once.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2016
    Scoop
    Scoop said:

And I'll have a hard time believing bots are a major concern for Nexon given the fact that any map with a decent spawn rate has fire balls flying all across the screen.
    chaoscauser

AKradian
    AKradian said:

I don't like RP from events because the timing is fixed.
    RP expire, so I want to be able to get them when I know what I want them for, rather than when Nexon decides to hand them out and I have to scramble at the end of the month to find some use for them.

I won't deny that I dislike having Reward Point events in order to compensate for the loss of Star Planet. If it was originally a removed function of game-play the compensation is to increase the rates of it through current systems or introduce a new one that's not an event.
  • Newbreed1988Newbreed1988
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    I never played much of Start Planet, when it came out ETC.

1% is not a lot of players tbh, lets say there's 100.000 plays total in maple as an "EXAMPLE" - 1% of 100000 = 1.000

Now lets take that 1,000 and assume 70% of them are hackers as can "EXAMPLE" 70% of 1000 = 700 hackers, while 300 legit players are left.

Don't forgete about cretin times of the day it maybe less.

So I can understand why they close it.

As for other content, they probably have more players then 1%, none of us can guess or assume Monster Farm, has 1%.
  • 5toxic5toxic
    Reactions: 505
    edited October 2016
    Alright for all you bums complaining about star planet, lets be honest it was a waste few real people did that **** and don't give me this oh but I played with people and there's always others playing, cause that's an individual thing it doesn't come close to representing the population of maplestory. And saying oh less than 1% of people play star planet and yield less than 5% total reward points if you got 70% of the people doing star planet getting 1500 reward points(the botters) obviously its going to be higher than the 1% of people doing star planet cause most maplers will only get like 500 reward points from bosses if at all any. And for the bums who are saying there goes all my reward points lets b honest if u getting 1500 reward points from star planet ur spending 1hr+, you can focus on getting 1k reward points from bosses in that time not to mention more free time to do whatever you want. Overall getting rid of this **** is well worth it cause they b adding in some kind of way to make up for the loss of reward points whether it be more points from bosses or some other method it should be better(we hope) sorry for da rant but ya
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    5toxic
    5toxic said:

Alright for all you bums complaining about star planet, lets be honest it was a waste few real people did that **** and don't give me this oh but I played with people and there's always others playing, cause that's an individual thing it doesn't come close to representing the population of maplestory. And saying oh less than 1% of people play star planet and yield less than 5% total reward points if you got 70% of the people doing star planet getting 1500 reward points(the botters) obviously its going to be higher than the 1% of people doing star planet cause most maplers will only get like 500 reward points from bosses if at all any. And for the bums who are saying there goes all my reward points lets b honest if u getting 1500 reward points from star planet ur spending 1hr+, you can focus on getting 1k reward points from bosses in that time not to mention more free time to do whatever you want. Overall getting rid of this **** is well worth it cause they b adding in some kind of way to make up for the loss of reward points whether it be more points from bosses or some other method it should be better(we hope) sorry for da rant but ya
    sadly let me explain some of them cares star planet lots of them dont cause they find useless because the reward points expire but to me i find it enjoyable i played with few people until it last.

• MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Arlong
    Arlong said:

T.T goodbye all the people I silently destroyed in yut over the years, especially megascience
    They said the reward items? revamped so I think that means more rp per boss. I like the other better maple changes though
    Ugh no I hate party play
    Too bad I hadn't seen you in Star Planet in months, with the last few times you being idle. Could have destroyed you back. :P
    gamechangerJettLuvsU
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited October 2016
    For a while I was playing on my AranThawed because I wanted the mix dye on it. Didn't get it :/
  • ThrillersVNThrillersVN
    Reactions: 955
    edited October 2016
    So we cant communicate people from other world outside of Cross World PQ?
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    I guess i already sayed that, bu In EMS the bosses used to give twice as many reward points as in GMS, with the star planet, idk why in GMS it was reduced in the first place...i guess just needing doing dailyes bosses is better overall, needing to farm in star planet besides bosses was quite annoying.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2016
    great star planet sucked anyway lets get back to real maple which actually required fighting

[flash=]
  • ArlongArlong
    edited October 2016
    I think I actually forgot how to fight lol. For so long I've literally just been doing star planet or events or not playing like now. Maybe I'll look back on this as a good thing. Need to get back into my ninja reflex groove. There still needs other ways to get rp though
    gamechanger
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2016
    Arlong
    Arlong said:

I think I actually forgot how to fight lol. For so long I've literally just been doing star planet or events or not playing like now. Maybe I'll look back on this as a good thing. Need to get back into my ninja reflex groove. There still needs other ways to get rp though
    yea i mean this game was created for the trill and fun of adventures and making ur own story, i mean star planet was retarded as h3ll and i seen no point in it at least now we can get back to real fighting and focus on fighting the black mage which u guys prob forgot about in star planet lmao. as for me ima finish my funding and be best in gms as always ;D.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

The one thing I'm slightly concerned about is the hair dye coupons. If they're ripping out Star Planet... what's going to happen to any saved hair styles we have that are MIXED color patterns?
    The suggestion to make mix dye coupons available in cash shop was forwarded last month. Hopefully something will come of it.

Mix Dye coupons were also available for in-game quests at one point (something about daily missions, I think?).

Even if they never become available again, I don't see a reason for any character who has mixed-dye hair to lose it. They're not deleting the mix-dye mechanism, just the coupon that lets you change it.
    (However, I thought the Salon doesn't properly save mixed-dye hair colors, anyway? Only the base color? At least I read that at some point. Might have been changed or fixed since.)
  • ArlongArlong
    edited October 2016
    They gave out mix dye in a hot day I think. They could put it in event shops or reward shop.