[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please Reconsider Changing the VO/VA for Phantom

PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
Reactions: 3,195
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Please, nexon north america, i beg you, as a loyal player, i have played phantom since his debut, and the the fact that instead of rehiring the original voice actor for phantom back in his debut in renegades, you invited a new voice actor, which in my opinion just insults the class ( he is a Romantic Master Thief, that turned into a hero because the black mage killed the love of his life; Aria, so he vowd to take revange )

in my opinion the new voice over just insults phantoms character, and personality, his voice sounds to high pitched,and like he has a sore throat and doesn't have any depth to it, i know you probably won't rerecord the lines, but if you do i would cherish that forever. ( It would mean the world to me and all phantoms <3 )

Please, just because phantom is an old classes, doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the same love, as you gave cadena ( her VO/VA fits perfectly good job on that )

Please you will make millions of GMS Phantoms Happy :)

For comparison sakes here's the new Voice Over/Actor for phantom, which got introduced in nova:

and here's his debut Voice over/Actor which fits phantoms personality way better ( almost like a glove ) then the new voice actor in my opinion <3:

I know it's a big request, but it would mean so much to me and other phantom mains so please and ty nexon <3
SherriCatharanthusYonax
  1. Should nexon consider inviting the original phantom voice actor to rerecord the voice over lines ?11 votes
    1. Yes, His voice fits phantoms personality like a glove
       91% (10 votes)
    2. No, The new voice actor is okey
       9% (1 vote)

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    I started playing MapleStory when Phantom came out (kinda fell a bit for him too o\\\o)
    I like the old VA more myself, the new one isn't bad.. it just doesn't fit Phantom.
    Even the female voice sounds forced. :/
    They sound so.. posh.. I get Phantom is supposed to be like that but.. so forced. Really?

Neinheart tried to warn us all with his posh VA but nobody listened ;-;
    DarkPassengerMewBlueberry
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2017
    The NEW voice actor for Phantom sounds is channeling the same energy as the English Kaiser voice actor. The original voice actor for Phantom seems more appropriate.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    I turned my sound off cause of phantom new voice
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    I turned my sound off cause of phantom new voice

You can just turn the Skill to OFF ( Then you won't hear his voice, but you will hear the rest of the skills and the in game music )
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Yeah I liked the original VO much more than this one. I think it not only fit more, but also is what people remember when they think Phantom.

No offense to the replacement I'm sure they're a fine voice actor, but I just don't think he works for Phantom.
    SherriSlicedTime
  • CatharanthusCatharanthus
    Reactions: 1,115
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    I know I can turn off skill voices in my settings, but I liked Korean half of female Phantom's voice so I kept it on. Female Phantom's laughter is so cute because they were by the original actress. The English lines by the GMS actress sounds an octave lower and like a completely different person in comparison. A voice actor change probably isn't going to be possible considering everything that's happening right now, but I agree that the actor and actress chosen by GMS don't fit.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    I agree, they are great but not necessarily for Phantom. That's just my opinion though.
    edited December 2017
    the voice actor probably one of Nexon's team, not actual voice actors. - satire
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    The voice acting for cadena and illium were pretty good, maybe nexon could change the voice actor of phantom to match the standards that cadena and illum' voice acting has set to be on par ?

i would love if they could somehow bring back the old phantom debut voice actor ( all the way back to when phantom first launched in gms )
    From what iv'e heard and searched for so far; i found a video and i believe that Yuri Lowenthal is the original voice actor of phantom.
    ( though i am not 100% Certain on that )

Listen to this mix of his voices from different video games:

( Skip to 5:04 )

Now listen to his phantom debut voice:

Now tell me they don't sound similar if not identical! ( i could be wrong but they do sound similar )

Please Nexon, if you are reading this i would love if you would consider changing the voice actor/over of phantom in gms to a better one, don't get me wrong i have nothing against the current one but he lacks phantom' flare, sassiness, cockiness and just doesn't fit or feel right as his voice over.

i know it'll probably cost a lot of money to hire a new voice actor, but i and many other phantom mains would appreciate that so much.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and i hope you would at least consider it! <3
    edited May 2018
    I would've thought phantom had a French accent