[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Profession system will allow for additional stats.

AlkobyAlkoby
Reactions: 830
edited June 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Ill try to keep it short as I'm not really a thread opener.

As of right now there is not really a reason ( aside from reboot ) for creating your own weapons and armor in game.
Simply taking too long for an item to be created that's in most part identical for the ones that are mobs or bosses drops or just sold for in AH.
I was thinking of the old maker skill and how you could of add gems in order to make your equips stronger while they are still clean.
Kinda sad IMO that you cant really do that right now, and here comes my suggestion.

Allow for a way to add more stats even if it minor even if it randomly and can decrease the item's stats.
Add that to the equips by simply adding a gem for example that can be craft in the profession tab and can be added to the recipes by choice.
Working like a chaos scroll with the exception of not working to change for the good or bad an item's stats.
More so we can have more then one gem similar to CS , chaos scroll of goodness\Icog etc.

I think the main idea behind this change is to add more life into the profession system. As of rn I see the old maker doing more good as it could of
actually provide a Mapler with a reason to craft his gear. Nevertheless I think some changes can be added to make the profession system have more
meaning to it.

Cheers :D

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2018
    Crafted equipment will have a chance of getting additional stats. Being a Meister or Master craftsmen in a profession increases the chances of obtaining Bonus stats and raises the tier.
  • AlkobyAlkoby
    Reactions: 830
    edited June 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Crafted equipment will have a chance of getting additional stats. Being a Meister or Master craftsmen in a profession increases the chances of obtaining Bonus stats and raises the tier.

But at what cost? Its 20% and the Meister and MC ranks has a decay. Sure if they removed the decay. But all that hard work, only for 20% on a rank that will decay overtime and fairly easy.
    SlicedTime