[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I would love to play

AddiFantasyAddiFantasy
Reactions: 520
edited October 2016 in General Chat
How is Maplestory these days?
I haven't played in a really long time.
Will I be able to play Maplestory without putting a dime into Cash Shop?
I mean, I'll probably do so every once in awhile but it won't be like a weekly thing... every other month or whenever I have enough spare money to spend.
I've wanted to play a game that I could play F2P and reach to the top end-game with others without spending money.
But, I also want to play Maplestory very much either way, anyways.
I love 2D games and Maplestory looks really good.

Which server should I get myself into?
I'm hoping to make many friends along the way so I want to join a server that's pretty well populated.
A smaller server is fine with me too as long as I'll meet others!

Which would be a good FIRST character/class to make?
So that, you know, I can get him decently geared without needing a lot of mesos.
Then be able to help my other future new characters with gear once I reach a high level with my 1st character?

Really am looking forward to hearing from you all.
It would give me great satisfaction to see someone take their time off to reply and help me out some =)
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited October 2016
    I would pick Scania if you want to play with lots of people. Reboot has a lot of people too but it's a special server. No trading in it, no nx. You won't need nx in that server but at the same time it's a lot harder since you have to completely fund yourself on your own. Botting is rampant there last I heard.

You can get by in regular servers without nx decently. I would recommend a permanent pet though for item pick up. Worth every penny. I mean that's all I ever bought and I think I'm pretty strong. Of course nx helps tremendously but there is something called reward points, you get them by hunting bosses. There's a special tab in cash shop where you use those points to buy cash shop items. It's limited but most of the 'pay to win' items are there.

As for first class, if you care about the storyline I would choose explorer or cygnus knight. If not, go with mercedes. Mercedes has a link skill basically a skill you can give to another character and it boosts experience gained by 10%. Will definitely help level faster.
    AddiFantasy
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited October 2016
    do pets still lag?

sry off topic